Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

30 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

You can knock 'jumpers for goalposts ' all you want but ask the 42 Bolton fans and 8 Padiham fans who paid for 'corporate hospitality today how good non league football is and how you are treated as football supporters, 

Never a truer statement, loved  BWFC to bits and watched them through thick and thin, but just taking an interest in a local club in these days to me is more rewarding.

• Site Supporter

But I'm hearing folk who now, by their own admission, don't give a shit about Bolton any more because they just love their non-league club.

Folk who started going when excuses were trotted out like "I'm not going while *Megson/Coyle/Freedman/Lennon/Parkinson is in charge" But now that none of them are in charge and they ran out of excuses.

How is that any different than stopping watching Bolton and instead watching Man City or other local pro club? 

* Delete not applicable

45 minutes ago, MickyD said:

But I'm hearing folk who now, by their own admission, don't give a shit about Bolton any more because they just love their non-league club.

Folk who started going when excuses were trotted out like "I'm not going while *Megson/Coyle/Freedman/Lennon/Parkinson is in charge" But now that none of them are in charge and they ran out of excuses.

How is that any different than stopping watching Bolton and instead watching Man City or other local pro club? 

* Delete not applicable

I still follow the Whites but not like i did in the 70s- 10s decades, i choose my games to have a good time and enjoy watching NL and lighting my pipe up with Old Holborn and letting the smell waft round the terraces.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

You can knock 'jumpers for goalposts ' all you want but ask the 42 Bolton fans and 8 Padiham fans who paid for 'corporate hospitality today how good non league football is and how you are treated as football supporters, 

May as well just mob up and fuck the football off completely 

Let's be honest, they didn't turn out cos of the game

It was just an excuse to sup ale

No shame in that, but let's not kid ourselves it had owt to do with football

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, fester58 said:

I had 9 mates in the corporate yesterday, all of them had a brilliant time, we were really well looked after by the club,and for the price they charge is well worth the money.

But you've forgotten your BWFC upbringing. You've even said you don't care much for Bolton any more. That, to me, is the same as someone who changes allegiances and goes for a big successful club.

You'd all be back if we got to a major cup final though. 

43 minutes ago, MickyD said:

But you've forgotten your BWFC upbringing. You've even said you don't care much for Bolton any more. That, to me, is the same as someone who changes allegiances and goes for a big successful club.

ive never said I don't care what happens to the club. I choose not to go as iam not a fan of modern day football all seater stadiums, 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, fester58 said:

ive never said I don't care what happens to the club. I choose not to go as iam not a fan of modern day football all seater stadiums, 

I didn't suggest you did say that. 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

did they go to plan then :D

almost mate, the new manager is a well liked and respectable bloke, he's asked us to keep the announcement quiet until Tuesday, he will be attending our Lancashire Cup game at Ashton Athletic then. WEE're happy, he's happy and so are the players.

There were 40 applicants, one a former manager of Falkirk and one was a well known ex Bolton player

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Do those plans involve the management team from West Chorlton, who have also suddenly resigned?

club legend and former captain brad cook?

i dont like these kind of appointments (if it is him) but best of luck to colls, great club and people