Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Ah didn’t realise that. Some going that eh for a team at that level 

When we went there with Colls last year, they announced an hour before kick off that 600 people were already in the ground which already put them as the highest attendance of the day in the league and a good few in the league above. All 600 supping Moretti at 4 quid a pint. Raked it in. Makes it all the more surprising that previously north eastern teams have stayed in their Northern League bubble rather than try to progress up the pyramid. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some clubs talking about legal action but seems pointless waste of money, just move on now, think it might stop a few going or volunteering, FA seem to have washed their hands of non league with this. I would have gone PPG to be honest but I can say why others wouldn't 

• Moderators

PPG wasn’t an option in my opinion as we’ve not played bottom of the league Stafford Rangers for example. And they hadn’t played us. We’d have stayed up anyway, but still. Then I’ve seen a reference to PPG or variation of. What the actual fuck that means I don’t know!

I think the FA rushed it, and don’t come out with much credit but I wouldn’t say they washed their hands of it. The EFL and National league being governed differently shows what a clusterfuck the whole structure is, when you look at it.

I can see for colls but teams like south shields, jersey bulls, stockton have been screwed over. Clubs were told by the fa to spend money on ground improvements so they could be promoted then FA just say were not promoting you or consulting you about it at any point. Feels like the FA just said PPG or anything like that sounds time consuming and hard work, we'll just finish all this now and we can concentrate on the league and prem 

• Moderators

We’ve been talking with Jersey, they’ve spent 2 x our annual turnover, on what I dunno. Massively harsh if they’ve don’t go up, realistically I don’t think football as we know it will return next season anyhow. I ain’t up for crowding into a pissy bog or sweaty bar myself.

11 minutes ago, Carlos said:

We’ve been talking with Jersey, they’ve spent 2 x our annual turnover, on what I dunno. Massively harsh if they’ve don’t go up, realistically I don’t think football as we know it will return next season anyhow. I ain’t up for crowding into a pissy bog or sweaty bar myself.

Haven't Jersey spent a fortune due to the cost of away travel, but have won every single game this season?

16 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think all this shows that non league is just the same as the league and about money, just on a smaller scale.

It is however because these clubs exploit folk doing it for nothing they pretend it isn’t