Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

• Moderators

I've picked up on the meeting, I think most people have by now, but someone needs to answer why Joe Public is hanging on to rumour and Ollie Bayliss (BBC) for their info. It's a clusterfuck even compared to last season. Heads should roll.

The only mention of splitting the league I've heard has come from Colls people, no one else has mentioned it. If there's any accuracy in that and it meant being in a different section to Stafford, then it's incredibly bad.

End it now for me, I can walk away knowing my work behind the scenes helped us to our highest ever position (no one has a clue what I do) 🤣

• Moderators

Our reserves have 24 games to play and are currently not being given fixtures as we can only play GM teams and there is only one. We have played them already home and away.

They have only lost twice since the start of last season and it looks like they will have to start yet again.

The league have asked clubs to delay the restart until 16th December, have another meeting and then restart depending on the review, alternatively play behind closed doors with no income ( which I personally can't see anybody doing). If any clubs are still in tier 3 on 16th December and beyond the league may be scrapped in January.

So it's not good news and still up in the air

• Moderators

I can't get my head around why the league wouldn't communicate that to the punters as word gets round anyway, in the name of transparency.

There's no point starting unless you are sure it's going to end. Binning the league is shooting your own foot off. Who the fuck is going watching a team where the last 2 seasons have ended with no conclusion.

I want to know myself as I'm shelling out for software monthly, then I'm out of storage space, do I spunk another £100 on a drive that may never be needed?

• Moderators

I like what Paul Lawler of the Counties says:

"THE chairman of the North West Counties League insists the survival of clubs is his sole motivation when it comes to planning the rest of the season"

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18911310.north-west-counties-league-chief-says-survival-clubs-pandemic-now-matters/

The NPL mon (Harris?) had a lot to say when they launched the PitchingIn thing, been very fucking quiet since.

For as long as there are still areas where crowds aren't allowed then it's pretty much unworkable as far as I can see. Bit shit for those areas who are in a lower tier, but let's be honest there aren't too many of those at the minute and that will probably decrease again in a few weeks.

• Moderators

Why put pressure on yourself by saying you'll announce at 6pm. Either you are ready to go or you aren't. The Isthmian saying 6 or maybe not 6, maybe later. There will be a couple of hundred volunteers from clubs sat waiting, ready to communicate with their support. Piss up in a brewery.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Why put pressure on yourself by saying you'll announce at 6pm. Either you are ready to go or you aren't. The Isthmian saying 6 or maybe not 6, maybe later. There will be a couple of hundred volunteers from clubs sat waiting, ready to communicate with their support. Piss up in a brewery.

And as it was they could have used my post from earlier 

On 30/11/2020 at 19:00, tomski said:

I went to watch Chorley once on an Easter Monday when we weren’t playing. Some big game. It was gash and we went to the pub after an hour which I should of done an hour earlier.

That is because Chorley are cunts and followed by people like @EyesRight and Matt 

I was very naive but I just thought that over the summer the leagues and FA would come together and say theres plan a b and c depending on what happens get the clubs to vote. Madness that they're running around deciding now, people were predicting this.. northern league has voted for PPG if league reaches 75% so they might make it but theres no chance of north west counties unless they make drastic decisions.. I didnt realise 1500 plus a match for northern prem some money that. Need the bars to pay for that I guess.

18 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

The NPL are the same, I have been told that some clubs furloughed their contract players, some didn't which means they have been paying players wages unnecessarily which has obviously eaten away at any club funds

That’s their own fault tbf