Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

Couldn't make it. How did they get on

Radcliffe won 3-2 on penalties, was 1-1 at full time, Colls went 2-1 up in extra time, Boro had a man sent off and then managed to get an equaliser near the end of ET. Only made it for the second half myself (plus obviously ET and pens) but great entertainment all the same.

We're gutted, so close but Radcliffe have done us again, our lads put up a great performance, as did Radcliffe. a great advert for non league football, a good crowd on too, hopefully many of them will return on Saturday against Penistone in the FA Vase, I will be en route to Switzerland and will miss it

Usually enjoy the games at Colls, and Monday was a cracker. Colls should have held on, but there we go. I go to various non-league games when not at Wanderers, so will probably be somewhere else come Saturday.

Was at Rammy last night. Again a terrific game with excellent Rammy goals, this time NPL Prem against Marine. Rammy nearly did 'a Wanderers' ............ 3-0 up going into last few minutes of normal time and conceded 2 quick goals. They scored a 4th, mysteriously given offside, but held on for 3-2. Manager writing in programme said : "We don't go out not to lose, we go out to win it". Well, all managers do that don't they ................... oh, erm, nearly forgot.

Usually enjoy the games at Colls, and Monday was a cracker. Colls should have held on, but there we go. I go to various non-league games when not at Wanderers, so will probably be somewhere else come Saturday.

Was at Rammy last night. Again a terrific game with excellent Rammy goals, this time NPL Prem against Marine. Rammy nearly did 'a Wanderers' ............ 3-0 up going into last few minutes of normal time and conceded 2 quick goals. They scored a 4th, mysteriously given offside, but held on for 3-2. Manager writing in programme said : "We don't go out not to lose, we go out to win it". Well, all managers do that don't they ................... oh, erm, nearly forgot.

Let me know next time you are going to Athy Colls and I'll have a pint with you.

Chorley tonight for me

Very good game of football, Chorley rode their luck a bit second half but held on for a 1-0 win and are now top of the Conference North. Early doors yet and I only fancy a mid-table finish, but had a lot of pace tonight and looked good going forward first half

Very good game of football, Chorley rode their luck a bit second half but held on for a 1-0 win and are now top of the Conference North. Early doors yet and I only fancy a mid-table finish, but had a lot of pace tonight and looked good going forward first half

Some decent teams in that league this season,and a good standard of football, looking forward to the Barrow fixture.

Some decent teams in that league this season,and a good standard of football, looking forward to the Barrow fixture.

First Chorley game I've made this season due to other commitments, but their fixtures don't mirror Wanderers' too much this season so should manage a few. Mate's birthday on 28th December is looking like a dilemma as a few lads fancy Stalybridge v Chorley over Huddersfield v Bolton (not Wanderers fans to be fair); I'm dreaming that we get moved to a lunchtime kick off then I could do both