Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

• Moderators
1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Our league aren't being allowed to cancel the season, the decision has to be made by the chairmen in a vote, as I said before i can't see any chairman voting to carry on to try and play 30 odd games in 2 months, we're fucked

Last season, it was done by the FA, the Lancs FA had a vote in which they consulted their member clubs. But the league weren't involved in this process.

In postponing until 6th March, the league have already canceled this year. There's nothing the chairmen, the FA or regional FAs can do otherwise. It's a fuck up.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Horwich said:

That dick chairman from Turton was having a pop at the west lancs league for knocking it on’t head.

pleb.

Absolute weapon. Which is a shame as they seem a decent club. But the worst thing you can have is a gob at the helm.

• Moderators

Like I said, sad. I’m interested as I live in South Turton (historically) but not impressed. Club comms should go through someone who understands comms, like football people do that side. Otherwise you get people’s backs up.

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

Chorley’s sponsors won a raffle for the kit sponsorship and I am sure they would have been in full agreement. Or the terms of the raffle allowed them to add a cup sponsor.

Ah, OK fair enough.

That said, the guy who sponsors the space between the dug outs on the halfway line at Marine was certainly miffed.

• Moderators

The August restart one I think means you have to pay contracted players. If you can swerve that then it's a goer for me. The teams struggling or not being as successful as they'd expect will obviously vote against it.

• 3 months later...