Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Can't Wear Colours

Thorpey

Well fucked off now. Just had a call from my mate sorting the tickets to say that we're in a 'neutral' bit so can't wear colours.

I know they're decent tickets and come from the FA but what the fucks all that about? Will I sit on my arse and keep my gob shut when we score? Will I fuck, so they'll know who I'm supporting so I might as well wear my colours. What a load of shite.

Anyone got a couple of spares up for grabs so I can come in with you lot?? Or want to swop anywhere in our end for our two??

Well fucked off now. Just had a call from my mate sorting the tickets to say that we're in a 'neutral' bit so can't wear colours.

I know they're decent tickets and come from the FA but what the fucks all that about? Will I sit on my arse and keep my gob shut when we score? Will I fuck, so they'll know who I'm supporting so I might as well wear my colours.

There are 6 of us in same situation mate - the whole of the second tier is "neutral" - tickets are sold as season tickets to "Club Wembley" members and Wembley regard it as a neutral zone. The season ticket holders then either invite guests or sell the tickets on , on a match by match basis. A lot of people bought them purely as an investment but whilst they have no problem shifting United v City for a tidy sum - up to ?1000 each I was told , a lot of corporates are struggling to give their tickets away for our game. Will be surprised if that tier is half full which may make it possible to move around a bit - have you checked where you are sat ? you could be sandwiched between tiers 1 and 3 of the stoke fans - great place to put up a Bolton Flag and for going mental when we score ...

We have been told we wont get in wearing replica shirts etc , which to be honest does not bother me , but we have been told nothing about singing and no mention of taking in flags carefully hidden till kick off.

Addmittedly Thorpey's paying for his ticket, but I've no sympathy for people who get a freebie and end up amongst Stokies.

If you're too tight to put your hand in your pocket for our biggest game in years, then you deserve to be sat with the fruitcake mob.

Addmittedly Thorpey's paying for his ticket, but I've no sympathy for people who get a freebie and end up amongst Stokies.

If you're too tight to put your hand in your pocket for our biggest game in years, then you deserve to be sat with the fruitcake mob.

Biggest since Sunderland at home at the end of the 2008 season.But not as important as that match.

England Internationals, The FA Cup Final, The FA Cup Semi Finals

(from the official site)

2. Any attempt to gain access to the Ground wearing the colours of a team other than the name of any team endorsed on the face of your Ticket may result in admission being refused and in such circumstances no refund or alternative seat will be offered.

I have a corporate ticket. It says Bolton v Stoke on it which, by the definition above, is one of the teams endorsed. I will be wearing my colours.

Disclaimer: Anyone following the advice of a barrack room lawyer on a football internet forum, on being refused entry to the ground on Sunday due to an incorrect interpretation of the above rule, may not seek recompense from aforementioned barrack roon lawyer in any fiscal, monetary or physical medium. :tongue:

Edited by floyd

England Internationals, The FA Cup Final, The FA Cup Semi Finals

(from the official site)

2. Any attempt to gain access to the Ground wearing the colours of a team other than the name of any team endorsed on the face of your Ticket may result in admission being refused and in such circumstances no refund or alternative seat will be offered.

I have a corporate ticket. It says Bolton v Stoke on it which, by the definition above, is one of the teams endorsed. I will be wearing my colours.

Does that mean I can't wear an orange T-shirt?

There are 6 of us in same situation mate - the whole of the second tier is "neutral" - tickets are sold as season tickets to "Club Wembley" members and Wembley regard it as a neutral zone. The season ticket holders then either invite guests or sell the tickets on , on a match by match basis. A lot of people bought them purely as an investment but whilst they have no problem shifting United v City for a tidy sum - up to ?1000 each I was told , a lot of corporates are struggling to give their tickets away for our game.

My mate has a couple of these "Club Wembley" tickets, he called me on Sunday to say that I could have them for our game for nothing. I've already got mine in our end, so I declined. I asked what he was doing with them, and he said he'll just leave them empty, as he doesn't want somebody he doesn't know using them. So there will be at least two empty seats on Sunday......and on Saturday as well, as he is busy on a golf day and he's a Chelsea fan, so he doesn't want to watch either City or United, and would rather the tickets go to waste rather than one of their sets of fans make use of it. This amuses me greatly

Right got my tickets in Entrance N Block 123 Row 21. Cheers mate - bleeding neutral zone!

Anyone know if that's anywhere near our allocation? If it's not anyone got a couple of spares anywhere in the Bolton end as I'm not sitting near the Stokies?

Just received an e-mail from the FA reiterating their policy:

Club shirts

The Club Wembley and Bobby Moore Club areas are unsegregated. We receive special dispensation from the authorities for this because our Club Wembley members have agreed to adopt behaviour appropriate for an unsegregated area through the Club Wembley Licence Agreement.

Club replica shirts are not permitted in any Club Wembley or Bobby Moore Club area at any core event which is a club match. Following consultation with event organisers, the Licensing Authority and the Police, this prohibition will be strictly enforced in upcoming matches and, should club replica shirts be worn, your guests may be refused entry or be removed from the Stadium for their own safety in line with condition 10(e) of your Club Wembley Licence Agreement. Whilst the rules regarding replica shirts have existed since the inception of Club Wembley they will, following consultation, be rigorously enforced in the future. We wish to reiterate that this measure is implemented to ensure the safety and enjoyment of Club Wembley members. For the avoidance of doubt, the restriction on the wearing of replica shirts does not apply to England matches.

I'm in Block 216 with Stoke above and below. :nea:

Edited by floyd

Just received an e-mail from the FA reiterating their policy:

Club shirts

The Club Wembley and Bobby Moore Club areas are unsegregated. We receive special dispensation from the authorities for this because our Club Wembley members have agreed to adopt behaviour appropriate for an unsegregated area through the Club Wembley Licence Agreement.

Club replica shirts are not permitted in any Club Wembley or Bobby Moore Club area at any core event which is a club match. Following consultation with event organisers, the Licensing Authority and the Police, this prohibition will be strictly enforced in upcoming matches and, should club replica shirts be worn, your guests may be refused entry or be removed from the Stadium for their own safety in line with condition 10(e) of your Club Wembley Licence Agreement. Whilst the rules regarding replica shirts have existed since the inception of Club Wembley they will, following consultation, be rigorously enforced in the future. We wish to reiterate that this measure is implemented to ensure the safety and enjoyment of Club Wembley members. For the avoidance of doubt, the restriction on the wearing of replica shirts does not apply to England matches.

I'm in Block 216 with Stoke above and below. :nea:

Guest bwfcdan

Right got my tickets in Entrance N Block 123 Row 21. Cheers mate - bleeding neutral zone!

Anyone know if that's anywhere near our allocation? If it's not anyone got a couple of spares anywhere in the Bolton end as I'm not sitting near the Stokies?

Yeh your just too the right behind the goal in the bolton end.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.