Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters?

DC08WFC

Can't comment too much coz I don't know what happened in detail, but it kicked off in front of us as soon as Stoke scored ....... if not before.

A group of 'Whites' in the front 3-4 rows of the lower tier were stood up. Looked like the stewards told them to sit down. They seemed to refuse. A few minutes later, stewards went in & hauled a couple of guys out after a brawl - must have taken 7 or 8 stewards. Parents were taking their shocked/crying kids out from that area.

ANEWMAN? I think we all spew heated moment comments which is only natural. Swallow your pride and get over it. Most of the 27000 fans who went to Wembley with great anticipation left after the 5th goal, most will be there at the Arsenal game.

We had a tremendous laugh on the way home, pointless allowing it to get you down.

Get over it, Stoke were better than us on the day. At least you have been given the opportunity to see your team play at the New Wembley, a reality most can only dream about.

• Moderators

M, you're wasting your time with some of these fucking retards on here

Right, I've had enough of people abusing their fellow supporters, it's the keyboard version of windmilling at women and kids. It ends now.

posting for a friend

Dad and lad sat in club wembley with older brother and his missus.......freebie and first time at new wembley

Life long wanderers supporter,hails from school hill, no shrinking violet but doesn't go as often nowadays due to a number of factors......stoke score, stoke fans behind and start gving it large, beer thrown down below.....bolton fans get upset and start giving grief to my friend and his lad mistakenly.....my friend is shouting down to the brave lads below that he's from bolton when one brave little soldier sends a meat pie into his lads face......pie burns his lad's face so my friend has words with the brave little soldier and his mates....they know he's from bolton now but instead of laying off they start giving it large bout sorting him out and he doesn't respond well to threats......next thing stewards appear and my friend and his lad are thrown out for throwing things below.....so "the wanderer" it wasn't quality, it wasn't a stokie, he ain't a cunt and the lad in question would like to say a big thank you to the lad who threw the meat pie which ruined his lad's day out.........

Another happy tale from a crap day........

Was it just meat, or meat and potato ?

Plain or flaky crust?

I was in block 131 and 2 knobheads behind me spent the ENTIRE match slagging Elmo off and my mate eventually told them to support the team and not to slag off a player who was being played out of position and although playing like an arse was trying. The guy had a swing at my mate and it took an intervention from me to quieten them down. They weren't real Bolton fans, you don't turn on your own.

go fuck yourself you boring twat

you just keep remembering how bad we were and wank off about being slaughtered at wembley 20/30 years later by a shit team

I'm boring; fuck me that?s good coming from you :rofl:

I was trying to be realistic, maybe it was lost on you, over the years I've had the pleasure and displeasure of watching the whites you know the game that still hurts me to this day is Everton at home League cup Semi, we had done great job at Goodison and didn?t turn up that night at Burnden too, I went home that night completely gutted took me (but I was only 15 at the time), because I thought at that time that was the only shot I would very get to see my team play at Wembley, but as it turned out it was not, I never thought I would see us play in Europe but I have, so with all the shit I've experienced watching my beloved whites I've had some greats times, and I would have it no other way.

I start off the season expecting to win fuck all, not like Utd, Arse, Liverpool fans who expect to win, so when things do go well then to me it makes that season that much better, Sunday was shocking don?t get me wrong but that is the rollercoaster ride that is watching Bolton always as been always will be

I'm boring; fuck me that?s good coming from you :rofl:

I was trying to be realistic, maybe it was lost on you, over the years I've had the pleasure and displeasure of watching the whites you know the game that still hurts me to this day is Everton at home League cup Semi, we had done great job at Goodison and didn?t turn up that night at Burnden too, I went home that night completely gutted took me (but I was only 15 at the time), because I thought at that time that was the only shot I would very get to see my team play at Wembley, but as it turned out it was not, I never thought I would see us play in Europe but I have, so with all the shit I've experienced watching my beloved whites I've had some greats times, and I would have it no other way.

I start off the season expecting to win fuck all, not like Utd, Arse, Liverpool fans who expect to win, so when things do go well then to me it makes that season that much better, Sunday was shocking don?t get me wrong but that is the rollercoaster ride that is watching Bolton always as been always will be

That game was the one that gutted me, but Sunday came close.

yeah I was in Lever End where Latchford scored. The floodlights on the Embankment blew and McKenzie hit the corner flag with a pen. I cried - gutted that I'd never see my team at Wembley. Sunday was my 7th trip with them

Lever end that night too, that was my place until they put fucking seats in and screwed it up

• Moderators

yeah I was in Lever End where Latchford scored. The floodlights on the Embankment blew and McKenzie hit the corner flag with a pen. I cried - gutted that I'd never see my team at Wembley. Sunday was my 7th trip with them

yeah, you never know whats around the corner

we did blow a great opportunity though

but thats sport

i don't care if i never go again, if i'm honest - the best experiences as a bolton fan don't have to be the big games

i left on sunday knowing i might never go back

not sure my kids really get how big a balls up it was

i'd hope we go back for them

yeah, you never know whats around the corner

we did blow a great opportunity though

but thats sport

i don't care if i never go again, if i'm honest - the best experiences as a bolton fan don't have to be the big games

i left on sunday knowing i might never go back

not sure my kids really get how big a balls up it was

i'd hope we go back for them

I have absolutely no doubt we will be back.

I remember crying my eyes out as a youngster in 86 when Bristol City did us 3-0, but Torquay in 89 made up for it.

We've had a mixed bag at Wembley over the years, but Sunday to me was our lowest - more down to the performance than the scoreline, it was 0/10 for effort and application.

I hope we get back soon to put a big wrong, right.

That game was the one that gutted me, but Sunday came close.

Sunday was worse than the Everton semi final defeat.

We were underdogs against Everton even though we played them off the park at Goodison.

Sunday we were slight favourites but the level of the defeat was much worse then Everton.

We will get over it; there will be fans who take the piss but we are Bolton and bigger than most think. Bolton will be back and we are still premier league.

Prob for a different thread but....we got 450k for ahem... 'turning up' on Sunday. This is absolutely not about the money, but I wonder, financially speaking what an appearance in the final of the world's premier cup competition might be worth? It would have put the name of BWFC onto the global stage and maybe gone some way to reducing this huge debt and therefore allow us to build under Owen. Lets face it, if he continues to work the Oracle he's bound to be headhunted by a bigger club & if Eddie pegs it as well, we could be in a whole lot worse position than 5:50 on Sunday somewhere sooner than we all realise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.