Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

So You Think

bolty58

• Members

I hope you all listened and watched his European debut 10 length canter to victory yesterday. The time to get on is his next run when he faces Workforce - you should get some kind of odds. After that it will be odds on wins all the way to his Arc De Triomphe victory which I fully expect.

Don't say you weren't told. This horse is an extraordinary staying champion.

Edited by bolty58

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jazza, trust me - wheat he did down here as a young un was outrageous. Seasoned champions often don't win one Cox Plate never mind two consecutive ones. If they'd kept him one more year, he would have waltzed away with the Melbourne Cup two miler and yet can still slay them over 6f and 7f warm ups.

No doubt at all in my mind though that he is the supreme one and a quarter and one and a half mile world champion as he will prove to you all over the coming weeks and months.

Amazing animal in the flesh. No doubt many of you will know what I am on about with the Darley Arabian, Godolphin Arabian and Byerley Turk. He looks like they did then - same conformation!

Just get on!

Jazza, trust me - wheat he did down here as a young un was outrageous. Seasoned champions often don't win one Cox Plate never mind two consecutive ones. If they'd kept him one more year, he would have waltzed away with the Melbourne Cup two miler and yet can still slay them over 6f and 7f warm ups.

No doubt at all in my mind though that he is the supreme one and a quarter and one and a half mile world champion as he will prove to you all over the coming weeks and months.

Amazing animal in the flesh. No doubt many of you will know what I am on about with the Darley Arabian, Godolphin Arabian and Byerley Turk. He looks like they did then - same conformation!

Just get on!

I'll have a couple of Groats on it when it next runs.

Currently joint fav with Workforce at 3.9 on betfair.

St Nicholas Abbey won today at Chester, and has just become favourite on Betfair at 2.4 (which is a crazy price to be taking ante post IMO), although there has only been a couple of grand traded thus far, so I guess it doesn't mean a great deal at this moment in time

• Members

Obviously, I ain't up to date with the locals over there but like to think I have been watching this game long enough to spot a freak of nature.

So You Think has been spotted and I might have to ask one of you blokes to get me some decent odds. Punters down here won't hear of him being beaten so it's red all the way for me here I am afraid.

Having Workforce and St. Nick in the race can only improve my collect.

Current market on betfair:

St Nicholas Abbey 3.1 = 2/1 after commission

Workforce 6.0 = 19/4

So You Think 8.0 = 20/3

Dandino 8.0 = 20/3

believe it or not, I put some money on it yesterday and managed to get a fine mixutre of odds ranging from 10.0 down to 6.5, it all averages out at just over 7/1 so I'm quite pleased with that.......provided it runs and wins of course :good:

• Members

Bolty, surely you can get betfair over there?

I don't have an account mate but that could easily be remedied. As far as I understand, we are not part of an international pool but rather just a local Aussie one. They only know the one horse so I would be wasting my time.

I like the odds CWP has managed to clinch. Those sorts of returns on that horse would be absolutely unthinkable here.

I just hope he does the business for you now I have 'bigged him up'. If he runs to his Aussie form, they'll only see his rump disappearing over the horizon.

• Members

Well if you need me to be put a bet on, happy to do so. I'm betting from singapore and see the same odds, liquidity as in the uk

Many thanks for the offer mate. An international EFT only costs me $15 Aussie. I might take you up on that although I have an arrangement with the lovely Traf ( :D ) in that regard (I think?).

I suspect his response to this may well be 'So You Think' :D