Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

So You Think

bolty58

Good luck Bolty me old son, I know the pitfalls of putting up a bet which goes on to lose - we all know or should know the risks and 7/1 seems value.

btw, with the time zone and the itchy need for a horsey bet during the day, I've been on all sorts of Aussies nags, harness, pacing, trotting, maybe it's all the same thing. Anyway, just playing 2 - 3/1 shots, sometimes coupling with the other joint fav. A lot to be said for following the money down there it seems.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Good luck Bolty me old son, I know the pitfalls of putting up a bet which goes on to lose - we all know or should know the risks and 7/1 seems value.

btw, with the time zone and the itchy need for a horsey bet during the day, I've been on all sorts of Aussies nags, harness, pacing, trotting, maybe it's all the same thing. Anyway, just playing 2 - 3/1 shots, sometimes coupling with the other joint fav. A lot to be said for following the money down there it seems.

ZW, you are spot on me old son. We get the elite racing (Sydney & Melbourne) on a channel called TVN down here. They put up the www.sportingbet.com.au market mover about one minute before every race.

Astonishing strike rate, particularly in Sydney.

ZW, you are spot on me old son. We get the elite racing (Sydney & Melbourne) on a channel called TVN down here. They put up the www.sportingbet.com.au market mover about one minute before every race.

Astonishing strike rate, particularly in Sydney.

They won't ever be the same after losing their top football compiler

• Members

Whatever happens on June 3rd (and, yes, I really do think he'll do the business), stick with him. All class and has been brought up there to win the Arc de Triomphe.

Can't believe some of the prices you lads are talking about. Traf - I'd best be getting some cabbage across!

Interesting links:-

http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/so-you-think-leaves-obrien-awestruck-2635324.html

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/horse-racing/aidan-obrien-hails-so-you-think-better-than-galileo-rock-of-gibraltar-giants-causeway-dylan-thomas-yeats/story-e6frf41l-1226049586054

Edited by bolty58

just looking on Betfair, it seesm that St Nicholas Abbey is still the market favourite and is currently trading at 2.84

Workforce has drifted out to 8.4, and maybe this is on the back of the rumours that it won't be running.

So You Think is currently trading at around 7.0

Having said all that, there isn't much money been traded yet, only just over ?5400 thus far, I guess this may start to increase as we get closer to the start of the race. If Workforce doesn't run, then without a doubt you won't be getting anywhere near 7.0 on race day for this horse

• Members

No upset Traf. unextended. I'll bet he's forgetting what the whip is! Might be a bit of a shock when it has to be used when he races against Workforce and St. Nicholas Abbey!

Expecting the same result however. He'll be home first. Just hoping for some decent 'in the black' odds.

• Members

The latest write up I have seen confirms what you are saying Rich. Seems O'Brien is going for the King George. Lost track now - the Coronation Cups timing wouldn't make for an ideal stepping stone towards the King Goerge, would it (i.e. they are not on the same date/track etc.)?

This is what I was sent this morning:-

Australasian superstar So You Think posted his sixth Group I success, and his first in the northern hemisphere, when coasting clear for an easy win in the Group I Tattersalls Gold Cup at the Curragh on Sunday.

The New Zealand-bred son of High Chaparral (IRE), who set the Australian racing scene alight last year, was hardly pushed by jockey Ryan Moore to surge four and a half lengths clear of multiple Group 1 winner Campanologist.

"He stepped up from the last run but had just been ticking over at home since then, it's a long season,? trainer Aidan O'Brien told Press Association Sport.

"Ryan was delighted with him and said he was very straightforward. The minute he asked him, he responded immediately. The plan was to come here and then go for the Group I Prince of Wales's Stakes at Royal Ascot.

"He is an incredible horse. When you look at him in races you notice that the others are flat to the boards around him. He'd have no problem winning a mile Group I race and we'll take it one race at a time with him.?

Bookmakers were quick to react to the four-and-a-half-length success by making So You Think outright favourite for both the Betfair King George and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.

Paddy Power pushed the five-year-old ahead of last year's Arc winner Workforce in their Arc market at 7-2 from 4-1. The firm left him unchanged at 5-2 favourite for the King George at Ascot on July 23.

Victor Chandler were even more taken with the victory, cutting So You Think to 2-1 favourite (from 11-4) for the King George and to 7-2 (from 9-2) for the Arc at Longchamp on October 2.

Moore, who also rides Workforce, second favourite to So You Think in most antepost markets, was equally impressed.

He said: "So You Think has a big, long stride that covers the same amount of ground most horses would taketwo strides to cover. He travelled very well and was impressive when I asked him to go on."

UK Racing Post offered the following assessment: SO YOU THINK only did what he was entitled to do against this opposition. He?s clearly a horse of immense talent, but we?re going to have to wait until he takes on other top-class Group 1 horses before we have our excitement fulfilled, as he didn?t meet any on this occasion.

Following his pacemaker and always travelling with considerable ease, he went to the front two furlongs out, quickly asserted and did nothing much more than the minimum from there. One would have to be impressed with the manner in which he disposed of inferior rivals, but surely more onerous tests await him

So You Think was originally purchased by DGR Thoroughbreds for $110,000 from the Windsor Park Stud draft at the 2008 NZB Premier Sale and did his early racing under the care of master trainer Bart Cummings.

Bred in New Zealand, he is by English Derby winner High Chaparral, who now shuttles to Australia from the Group II winning Tights (USA) mare Triassic.

I am happy if some of you got juicy odds for an upcoming race. All about value, see. 10-1 for one which starts as 2-1 fav. Best of luck anyway. This is going to be some ride possibly culminating in something extraordinary at Longchamps.

Edited by bolty58

• Members

Cheers mate. I'll be watching. We got that one live last night, 50 minutes before Bolton v Man City started. I would rather SYT lost and we didn't - even though SYT brought in the second leg of a treble (Barcelona winning Champions League final is the last leg)

Cheers mate. I'll be watching. We got that one live last night, 50 minutes before Bolton v Man City started. I would rather SYT lost and we didn't - even though SYT brought in the second leg of a treble (Man U won the league to start the ball rolling & Barcelona winning Champions League final is the last leg)

Dirty bastard.