Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Csa & Court

I reckon I've been stitched up by the CSA and courts and wondered if anyone else has had dealings with them?

Bit of background;

Bird gets pregnant in Dec '98 and son born in Sept '99.

Bird leaves for a bloke at work early 2000 (yes the lad is mine!).

Bloke turns out to be a decent lad so no problems there.

Regularly see son and all seems well for years.

About 18 months back, bloke leaves ex-bird but stays in touch with her.

Bloke continues to pay towards their mortgage and utility bills until early last year when stops utility bill payments.

Ex-bird comes after me for an extra ?350 per month to cover shortfall (big pad they had!).

I refuse, so she goes to CSA.

CSA ask me to complete financial info forms. I explain situation to them and refuse to fill in forms.

In July 10 ex-bird tells me that ex-bloke has agreed to pay ?400 per month and that he would now be my son's dad.

In Dec 10 I meet with CSA investigators, explain everything and they ask that I sort it out with ex-bird without their involvement.

Ex-bird refuses even though I offer an increased payment arrangement.

CSA explain they have to follow procedures and explain that it has to go to court.

Court date set in March '11 but postponed.

Court confirms by e-mail that new date set for 10/5/11 and this would be confirmed in writing.

Turns out e-mail was wrong and was in fact 4/5/11 so I missed it as I didn't read the confirmation letter that said 4/5/11.

I get fined ?1315 for not submitting info to CSA and not attending court.

Really pissed off by the whole scenario and would have loved to stand in court and tell the world the true story and would welcome any comments from anyone with any experience of this sort of thing.

Reckon I can appeal and waiting for the paperwork to arrive from the courts.

p.s. before anyone asks, yes she did have a decent set of bangers! Probably gone a bit south now!

Cheers.

• Site Supporter

Why are you filling out financial income forms?

Are you in Scotland or self employed?

Income and expenditure have nothing to do with a CSA calculation in the main.

Self - employed in England. Self - assessment and all that nonsense! CSA send you forms and you have to confirm income, expenditure, etc. From that they tell you what you have to pay. What worries me is that they get the full monty breakdown of your income from whatever means then I'll get stitched up.

When I didn't fill the forms out they sent me a default arrangement of ?30 per week which was loads less than I currently pay. Thought about it but didn't change the arrangement that had been in place for years!

I haven't got a problem fighting it through courts if necessary but as the CSA is a govt agency then they have access to all your details. Scary!

• Site Supporter

I used to work for the CSA, your accountant needs to minimise your income, even for just a short while. Do you give yourself a wage?

As a rule its 15% of your income less a small amount for overnight stays. Theses must be regular though, every time you have him keep receipts of everything as evidence he's been there.

Any sprogs yours or not that you live with you also come into the equation as well.

Also bear in mind any bonuses are only considered if they are regular, ie monthly etc and any payments in lieu are also not considered. Give yourself a lower wage then sporadic bonuses, and if your company are willing to pay your mortgage/car etc for you then that is 500-800 a month you don't need to receive in your wage slip.

• Moderators

obviously, this is a naive view, but instead of doing all you can to avoid paying your dues, you could just pay what you should

y'know, then i don't have to fund it

like i say, naive, but heyho

• Site Supporter

Depends,

I've avoided posting on Jazza's thread but when I split up with my ex I was fucked over as well.

She got all the assets and I was left with all the debt. She then made me pursue her through court for contact with my son and I didn't see him for 6-8 months.

So, all in all I had to give out money to the tune of 50-60k to her and solicitors fees, was left with debts to the tune of 30k whilst she was debt free, was denied access to my lad for what was at the time nearly a third of his lifetime and to top it off, to try and stop me seeing my son she was reporting me to OB 2/3 times a week with bullshit stories which went as far as molestation and assault accusations. Unfortunately, even though OB knew they were bullshit as they were coming getting me nearly daily, they have to take each complaint seriously, so kept rearresting me and releasing me without charge.

So, long and short is, fuck her. Theres no way I'm going to tie a bow round ?250 a month and pop it through her letterbox.

That's mad that. Her chap leaves her and agrees to pay ?400 a month towards bills etc and because of this he's your sons new dad. He ain't even with your ex?? Have I read this right??

Got it in a nutshell. They are still mates and he still pays half the mortgage as well.

I used to work for the CSA, your accountant needs to minimise your income, even for just a short while. Do you give yourself a wage?

As a rule its 15% of your income less a small amount for overnight stays. Theses must be regular though, every time you have him keep receipts of everything as evidence he's been there.

Any sprogs yours or not that you live with you also come into the equation as well.

Also bear in mind any bonuses are only considered if they are regular, ie monthly etc and any payments in lieu are also not considered. Give yourself a lower wage then sporadic bonuses, and if your company are willing to pay your mortgage/car etc for you then that is 500-800 a month you don't need to receive in your wage slip.

Cheers Barry.

Is that 15% of gross income? I did all the minimise the wage bit hoping that the calculation would work out low and CSA guys told me to keep all receipts so that I could prove to them what I spend on a monthly basis and that this would be taken into consideration also. Ex-bird knows the figures but carried on pursuing regardless in the hope of more that the circa ?275 she currently gets.

Now it's gone through the court and I didn't fill in the forms, I don't know what the next stage is as I haven't heard from them yet.

You dont have to fund it anyway. If said bint is claiming then state gets the CSA money, little known fact is that.

If the state get the CSA money, what does she get? I don't get it!

• Site Supporter

If she is on benefits the government receive all the money you send in to claim back against the money they are giving her, even if its more and she gets a fiver.

I only ever did employees, and that was 15% of wage after everything was taken out. It will be similar for self employed though.

You need to contact your case worker though. At the minute he/she only has what ever your ex has told them to judge the situation off and probably thinks your a cunt.

They will have hundreds of cases on their sheets at any one time and are judged on how much money is brought in. Many will 'prioritise' their cases if the woman is being unreasonable and if someone is employed then it takes 2-4 weeks to take money straight out of wages and makes for much easier pickings to hit targets etc.

• Site Supporter

Oh and if you really want to throw a spanner in the works, drink loads of Gin and ring them up crying and tell them you are going to kill yourself because of this.

Dozens of blokes top themselves every year because of the CSA and the case will be stopped dead, right there and then :thumbsup:

If you are self employed, surely you get a Self Assessment Tax Calculation document from the HMRC each year which shows your earnings and dividends and tax paid.

That's all I have produced so far.

Solicitors then took my gross, deducted my personal allowance and deducted income tax paid and then that figure was put into the CSA calculator...

https://www2.dwp.gov.uk/csa/v2/en/calculate-maintenance.asp

Bob's yer uncle.

• Site Supporter

If she is on benefits the government receive all the money you send in to claim back against the money they are giving her, even if its more and she gets a fiver.

So, in a nutshell, if ex claims a single penny, the CSA get involved, rob you for 2 or 3 hundred pounds and she gets a fiver of it? Surely it'd be better for both parties to say, you give me ?102.50, I'll be ?97.50 better off, you'll be ?97.50 better off, both of us will be winners.

Is that not how it works?

So, in a nutshell, if ex claims a single penny, the CSA get involved, rob you for 2 or 3 hundred pounds and she gets a fiver of it? Surely it'd be better for both parties to say, you give me ?102.50, I'll be ?97.50 better off, you'll be ?97.50 better off, both of us will be winners.

Is that not how it works?

I think the CSA would prefer you to sort it out between yourselves. It's not always possible.

• Site Supporter

CSA will always chase relentlessly if mother is on benefits.

On a benefits form it asks about dependents etc. If the claimant has kids and there is a non resident parent a copy is sent to the CSA and they chase it. Even if there is a amicable agreement already in place.

Self - employed in England. Self - assessment and all that nonsense! CSA send you forms and you have to confirm income, expenditure, etc. From that they tell you what you have to pay. What worries me is that they get the full monty breakdown of your income from whatever means then I'll get stitched up.

When I didn't fill the forms out they sent me a default arrangement of ?30 per week which was loads less than I currently pay. Thought about it but didn't change the arrangement that had been in place for years!

I haven't got a problem fighting it through courts if necessary but as the CSA is a govt agency then they have access to all your details. Scary!

Declare that your income is 6k a year and you end up paying zip.

My accountant will tell you best way to do it.

I pay my way btw before any of you gob off

• Site Supporter

Hang on

They sent you an email with a date on

That's no different to a letter noweadays

Frankly, they haven't a leg to stand on, trust me on this.

Send the email to every newspaper going, and any solicitor you like and you won't pay a penny.

THEY have fucked up, not you, and you have it in black and white as proof.

As for the rest, I know fuck all about it.

Still got the e-mail Spider as it's my main ammo in the appeal. Trouble is they also sent a hard copy confirmation letter with the correct date which I didn't take any notice of and that led to the confusion.

Though about the press but still waiting since last Wednesday for the confirmation of my fine to come through and then I can work out how to appeal and whether the papers in an option. Sounds like a plan though although trying to keep this away from my lad. No doubt he'd find out from the papers, internet, etc.

For those of you explaining about how the benefits side of it works, it isn't relevant. She's on about ?90k a year and that's another thing that winds me up as she doesn't need the cash anyway. Just a money grabber. My fault I guess for doing a welsh bird!

• Site Supporter

i didn't think emails carried the same weight in law

might be wrong

i'm due for being

Still got the e-mail Spider as it's my main ammo in the appeal. Trouble is they also sent a hard copy confirmation letter with the correct date which I didn't take any notice of and that led to the confusion.

Though about the press but still waiting since last Wednesday for the confirmation of my fine to come through and then I can work out how to appeal and whether the papers in an option. Sounds like a plan though although trying to keep this away from my lad. No doubt he'd find out from the papers, internet, etc.

For those of you explaining about how the benefits side of it works, it isn't relevant. She's on about ?90k a year and that's another thing that winds me up as she doesn't need the cash anyway. Just a money grabber. My fault I guess for doing a welsh bird!

I'm right on this.

I know because I have to cover myself on a daily basis against allsorts of folk.

You'll be fine

Remeber, you can prove you got the email - they can't prove the letter was delivered (assuming you didn't sign for it?)

It's all about proof these days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.