Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Concerns About Next Season

Now I'm not usually one to throw my toys out when we lose but does anyone else have deep concerns about relegating next season. There's always one team that ends the season badly and picks up from where they left off. With the inspired loan signing of Sturridge it has been a bumpy second half of the season.

I know we have to wait until we see who Coyle brings in but Im still thinking we'll have to do real rebuilding shortly and is he up to the task. Hope so.

There will most certainly be a lot of movement in the squad....if there isn't then we would be in for a long hard season. We are currently in relegation form, the good thing is we've got the points needed to stay in the division, and the players seem to know that.

It seems both players and fans want this season to end.

Mr Coyle, you have some serious work to do in the summer!

Mr Coyle, you have some serious work to do in the summer!

Moreso next season if we continue playing like this away from home.

No matter who he brings in we are poorly organised away and unfortunately Coyle is too inexperienced to realise it.

He acts like he believes his own publicity.

4 goals let in against Blackpool, I ask you.

Nutshell - Holden and Davis back in MF. Feck Muamba (liability) off. Money from Cahill sorts out the 'problems' - another season in the Prem - simples!

actually Undies is speaking sense here, this season is done...we all know that, next season we should have Holden back and Davies as well. Hopefully we will have invested the c?15M we will get from Cahill wisely and we should have a reasonable team.

Forget this season, it's done...next season is when we challenge for Europe!

Our form of late is very disappointing, I don't buy this we're on holiday shite we've just been poor our defence collectively isn't good enough and some of the individuals aren't up to this level - in coyles post match he mentioned he is probably loyal to a fault to some of them, knows what he needs and will sort it in the summer......I think that sums it up some of em wouldn't be in his team if he had options and he'll sort that in summer.....having said that coyle and the coaching staff need to look at themselves and what we are doing away from home something isn't right he's had 2 full seasons in the prem (burnley and us)and his away record is not good enough for any side - they'd better get it sorted otherwise it will bite us on the arse next season.......whatever happens next week i'll be clapping the lads off and thnaking them all for a good season (could have been a great one) because on the whole I've really enjoyed it and I've not said that for 3 years.

we need new full backs, extras in centre midfield, new centre half when cahill goes, something up front if elmander and sturridge are nt here.

so it aint hard for coyle to know where we need to get players in......everywhere.

Our form of late is very disappointing, I don't buy this we're on holiday shite we've just been poor our defence collectively isn't good enough and some of the individuals aren't up to this level - in coyles post match he mentioned he is probably loyal to a fault to some of them, knows what he needs and will sort it in the summer......I think that sums it up some of em wouldn't be in his team if he had options and he'll sort that in summer.....having said that coyle and the coaching staff need to look at themselves and what we are doing away from home something isn't right he's had 2 full seasons in the prem (burnley and us)and his away record is not good enough for any side - they'd better get it sorted otherwise it will bite us on the arse next season.......whatever happens next week i'll be clapping the lads off and thnaking them all for a good season (could have been a great one) because on the whole I've really enjoyed it and I've not said that for 3 years.

agree wi that its just the last few games av taken the gloss of what has been a fairly decent season lets just hope they send us on our way next

week with a win (remember we're bolton wanderers dissapointment does'nt come as optional)so lets raise a smile and look forward to a bumpy ride ahead

its gonna be an adventure

agree wi that its just the last few games av taken the gloss of what has been a fairly decent season lets just hope they send us on our way next

week with a win (remember we're bolton wanderers dissapointment does'nt come as optional)so lets raise a smile and look forward to a bumpy ride ahead

its gonna be an adventure

good post. At least OC should now be absolutely clear about what he needs to do in the Summer starting with a good defensive sort out.

• Site Supporter

Then get relegated but be entertained for a year?

What would we do with the money left over though after we buy the whole blackpool team

thats a good thing, isnt it???

Edited by HomerJay

at this moment in time, I have no concerns for next season

Same here, I have every faith in Owen that he will ship out the dead wood and keep us far away from the drop zone, I am not expecting miracles but if we can get a decent cup run again and push toward the top 10 then I will be happy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.