Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Working On Football Grounds

Only ever done it once, working on the Tom Finney stand at PNE , also a mate was a crane driver at Anfield so i managed to sit in that French managers seat. Apart from that its Zilch.

Edited by leigh white

Only ever done it once, working on the Tom Finney stand at PNE , also a mate was a crane driver at Anfield so i managed to sit in that French managers seat. Apart from that its Zilch.

put a suspended ceiling up at eastlands.

• Members

My Dad repairs the air con/fridges at Euxton park training place..

Had a long chat with Al-Habsi last time he was down there,

I was certain you were going to say you'd worked on Huddersfield Towns stadium.

I hope you made a normal job of it.:D

i can confirm 'BWFC' was adorned on the back of a ceiling tile in the kitchen area by an unnamed workman.

also,working on blackpool tower at the minute..i hope the guy who strips the job out in 50 years time is a blackpool fan :tongue:

note; i do not condone such childish acts of graffiti in unseen to the naked eye areas you honour.

Stockport county.

I used to work for ellenby construction in Horwich, the gaffer was one of the directors at county, so we got to do all the building work at the ground.

I once went lootingexploring Burnden just as it closed, as a cidered up teen.

And we got chatting to these blokes who were taking away the scrap metal, so after 2 hours graft i got 6 quid wage and went home happy.

It was late on a sunday afternoon, looking back I am sure they were illegally taking the metal away.

Guest Biff

I worked at Eastlands as a volunteer for the 2002 Commonwealth games. I claim to be the first person to kick a ball on that pitch and yes I know that when City took it over they had the pitch lowered and is not the same one.

Batched fresh concrete for both the Emirates and Wembley new stadium. There may be a little bit of wee in the Arsenal batch. :thumbsup:

I believe a few West Ham, Spurs and Chelsea (fecal) memorabilia went in there too. :yahoo:

Eastlands has a West Ham shirt which one of my mates fixed securly to the roof of a stand. He was in the home end watching them and his missus told him to tell a West Ham fan who they were speaking to the story. The West Ham fan runs a pub/inn in London and took a picture of my mate and has it up in the pub he was so impressed :)

Me and Wackerchakers know about a brilliant one but I don't want the lad to get into trouble, smiley n Peter north may know about it too. A Bolton company did some work at a football stadium and he pulled a blinder.

That's almost as much of a vague non-story as the one you half told about shagging a bird off here.

Stockport county.

I used to work for ellenby construction in Horwich, the gaffer was one of the directors at county, so we got to do all the building work at the ground.

:D

Reet, that explains the state of edgley park then!

Mate of mine has pissed on the centre circle at EP...best thing is it's a wench

I met a woman who had come to California for a wedding turned out she was the Scums kit mans wife, told me to give her a call for the royal treatment next time we played in Salford, we got battered on New Years eve, after the game the kit man was giving me the tour, and got called away just as he was showing me Whiskey nose's office and private changing room, I left him the remainder of Abduls takeaway in the pot, and a

B eer

W omen

F ootball

C urry

Los Angeles Whites sticker on the back of his bog door...this was soon after someone had bugged the dressing room for the Chelsea game, he must have gone mental when he came in for his Monday movement....ah happy days !!!

Apparently the top off the floodlights at the reebok are full of blackburn rovers graffiti....met a lad from accy in mexico t'other year and he told me in such glee about him and his workmates artwork....very childish.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.