Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Away Grounds

It might be closest but St James's Park, Newcastle holds a particular dislike for me. You are sat about half a mile up in the sky and can hardly see the players. The place would be ok if it wasn't full of Geordies.... cunts the lot of them with the second worst accent in the country.

Always glad to leave there.

Middlesborough, absolutely nothing around there. Last time we went the coach got there about 3 hours before kick off, it was freezing and the ground wasn't open.

If you'd walked for about 10 mins you are right in the town centre which isn't too bad. Apart from the smog and shit accents the pubs are alright and beer cheap enough.

It's better than Sunderland and Newcastle put together!

No to be fair,Sunderland isn't so bad but Newcastle is the pits

If you're (notice the spelling NB) going by shitholes then Stockport must be worth a mention! The area round the ground (and the rest of the town for that matter) is like a scrapyard!!

If you're (notice the spelling NB) going by shitholes then Stockport must be worth a mention! The area round the ground (and the rest of the town for that matter) is like a scrapyard!!

To be honest, i used to love going to Edgeley Park, a street full of pubs and takeaways on the doorstep, hoping to make a visit again next season when Barrow are in town.

Leigh... I wasn't saying it was a place i didn't enjoy going to, I did!!

It is a fuckin dump though.

I am sometimes in Ulverston and Grange with work. not far from Barrow. and to be honest it isn't exactly St Tropez either though the people are more or less spot on!

Guest bwfcdan

Both Merseyside trips. Absolute dumps. Never liked going to Spurs would jew believe, locals are miserable gits and the away end is shit.

Guest bwfcdan

Brammall lane was an absolute joke.. couldnt even fit in the seats.. had to sit half on the chair and nearly got kicked out for refusing to "sit down"

Fat_bastard.jpeg

Anyone remember our trip there in the 4th division? dirty black country bastards chucking cups of piss down on us.

Sir Nat even made a complaint.

Was there only 1 stand open or summat like that? old man went and I think he got hit by a flying pie

Was there only 1 stand open or summat like that? old man went and I think he got hit by a flying pie

It was called the ''sir jack'' something stand. we was in the bottom tier, wolves mob was in the top tier.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.