Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv On A Wet Sunday Evening.

I actually thought Sunday night telly was great - there again I did have BBC2 on for most of the evening as the other channels were shite.

Story of Ireland

Top Gear repeat

James May's Toys

and then the Syfy channel for the Battle of Los Angeles (in fact should have had Gold on as this film was crap)

Speaking of boxes,the ring of death came to my house again tonight,its going in bin gonna buy a new one in morn third time this now :angry:

Have you tried taking it to Console Wizard on Tonge Moor Rd? Had mine fixed there t'other week for ?35.

They'll fix is and use a different type of solder that Microsift use (which is the problem, apparently).

HTH.

Have you tried taking it to Console Wizard on Tonge Moor Rd? Had mine fixed there t'other week for ?35.

They'll fix is and use a different type of solder that Microsift use (which is the problem, apparently).

HTH.

Aye pal,3 time,fair play they only charged me once but as said its had it,even treid the towel trick but it didnot work

Aye pal,3 time,fair play they only charged me once but as said its had it,even treid the towel trick but it didnot work

Ah well.

The towel trick actually does work sometimes. I did it the first time I ever got the RROD. I couldn't believe my eyes when it started working again. Trouble is it's only a temporary fix (it 'fixed' mine for about two weeks) and it can potentially make something else fry inside due to how hot you make it.

Might be worth just picking up a 'console only' from Ebay seeing as you will already have all the other stuff such as HDD, power brick, leads etc. I got one a couple of months ago (with the sole intention of having it flashed). I picked one up for ?34.

:drinks:

I'd much rather go out and get pissed. :drinks:

So would I, normally, but was stuck in hotel, on Isle of Wight, with a mild migraine - so was in a darkened room with only the TV on. I actually missed the last night of the Festival - luckily not many big headline acts so did not miss much.

So would I, normally, but was stuck in hotel, on Isle of Wight, with a mild migraine - so was in a darkened room with only the TV on. I actually missed the last night of the Festival - luckily not many big headline acts so did not miss much.

If you had a migraine, and you had the tv on, it was a headache.

HTH.

Dr. NB

I thought only women got migraines?

JSL because i've only ever heard women say they've got to leave work and go home due to "having a migraine coming on".

... or maybe it's just that men don't really cause a fuss when they're not feeling too well, and tend just to get on with things.

:pardon:

I thought only women got migraines?

JSL because i've only ever heard women say they've got to leave work and go home due to "having a migraine coming on".

... or maybe it's just that men don't really cause a fuss when they're not feeling too well, and tend just to get on with things.

:pardon:

There's a world of difference between a migraine & a headache. Hence my post above.

If you had a migraine, and you had the tv on, it was a headache.

HTH.

Dr. NB

I wasn't watching the TV, my head was facing the other direction - so as not to get the glare or light. Already could see the flashing colours before my eyes, never mind the excrutiating pain as though my head was about to explode at any moment along with with the hot and cold spells. As I said it was only a mild migraine - I can take sound, but its the light that hurts the most. Lasted almost 5 hours but still feel weak with it now.

Anway, last night was either BBC2 or Nat Geo (which basically was the same type of programming) - so give me BBc any day - no bloody commercials

• Moderators

I wasn't watching the TV, my head was facing the other direction - so as not to get the glare or light. Already could see the flashing colours before my eyes, never mind the excrutiating pain as though my head was about to explode at any moment along with with the hot and cold spells. As I said it was only a mild migraine - I can take sound, but its the light that hurts the most. Lasted almost 5 hours but still feel weak with it now.

Anway, last night was either BBC2 or Nat Geo (which basically was the same type of programming) - so give me BBc any day - no bloody commercials

i'd have 'men' like you shot

Migraines aren't much fun at all. I used to get them every 9-12 months but fortunately I have only had 2 or 3 in the last 5 years.

Mine start off with pins and needles in my arm and leg (always one side of the body to begin with), then my vision is affected before an extremely painful headache comes on. The worst ones end up affecting my speech and making me violently sick. I've got some industrial strength pills for it but the only solution is to try and get to sleep before most of the symptoms kick in. Lasts about 8-12 hours as well.

Not much fun I can tell thee.

Is a mild migraine like a bad headache?

They're not really similar. Though Doctor Spazzy-Daz might disagree.

Either way, I like how Dutch the raconteur's fascinating stories are now being introduced back into WW. I'd imagine mike Hunt's now shitting it.

They're not really similar. Though Doctor Spazzy-Daz might disagree.

Either way, I like how Dutch the raconteur's fascinating stories are now being introduced back into WW. I'd imagine mike Hunt's now shitting it.

TBH, I wouldn't know. Never had one. :yahoo:

I just find women tend to get arsey about it when questioned as to whether it's actually a migraine or just a 'normal' headache.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.