Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sturridge - How Much Would You Pay?

Ani

• Moderators

Who said straight swap for Cahill? that would be a good deal for us imo - but i can't see Cahill going to Chels.In fact the more i think about it, i can't see Sturridge signing for us either.

So for that reason.........i am out.

suggestions from respected members of the press are Cahill will go to City and Arsenal are lining up their options on this understanding, i.e. Samba

suggestions from respected members of the press are Cahill will go to City and Arsenal are lining up their options on this understanding, i.e. Samba

I was understanding Arsenal wanted Cahill & Samba.

the rich are getting richer/more indebted

the best we can do is a loan deal/crumbs off the more indebebted mens table

Loan only for me....

I need to see him have at least one full season in football before even considering the figures being quoted!

Even with inflation he is not in the same bracket as Anelka was when we signed him (well other than his selfish attitude that is :D )

Still unproven

Loan only for me....

I need to see him have at least one full season in football before even considering the figures being quoted!

Even with inflation he is not in the same bracket as Anelka was when we signed him (well other than his selfish attitude that is :D )

Still unproven

Agree with that. Great player and will go on to better things, scored some important goals for us. But for me he disrupted the team when he came in. We were cruising before christmas and had 29 points by the end of December, 16 points for the rest of the season, plus a good cup run without him. I'd like to see him do a full season somewhere else before spending that sort of money

Agree with that. Great player and will go on to better things, scored some important goals for us. But for me he disrupted the team when he came in. We were cruising before christmas and had 29 points by the end of December, 16 points for the rest of the season, plus a good cup run without him. I'd like to see him do a full

season somewhere else before spending that sort of money

When he came to us we were on a cracking run of 7 matches without a win.

I think it depends what we have as our transfer budget and what we can bring in, it looks like Habsi going for 4-5 million and cahill for 17 million thats 22 million, I would hope we can throw in 5-8 million so that should be around 30 million to spend, therefore I would use half that for Sturridge with the knowledge that we can easily recoup that money and more if we sign him, would be a big suprise if Chelsea let him go and an even bigger suprise if he signed for us.

• Site Supporter

ive been thinking the same for a while traf.

its always a difficult comparison, but how were results with and without sturridge?

note, i cant be arsed looking myself.

• Moderators

ive been thinking the same for a while traf.

its always a difficult comparison, but how were results with and without sturridge?

note, i cant be arsed looking myself.

I'm not looking but there's other factors

with Sturridge we had Elmander playing on the wing and losing the shape of the team to a degree

his goal to game ratio is all we should judge him on

that and his strops

on that basis, I'd drop the bid and pay ?19M for him

our results away from home were better with petrov

work that one out

That may have been to do with the timing of the games though and the general form of the team anyway, during those times, rather than due to Petrov himself.

Example - West Ham away - we won and he played. However, he did very little during the game

If your team is playing well, he's a great outlet and threat

However, if your team isn't playing well, he goes missing

What I';m trying to say is that for me he's the type of player that enhances the goodness or badness of the team's form, rather than one that can or tries to change it. If that makes sense.

our results away from home were better with petrov

work that one out

Two wins and five draws isn't much to divvy up, is it?

In the event, we drew three more games with Petrov than without him.

Brill.

As for Sturridge, after he arrived we were P14 W5 D1 L6 F18 A14 P16

He didn't play in two of those - we lost both, didn't score, and shipped four goals.

Before he arrived we were P24 W7 D9 L10 F34 A42 P31.

So we were 1.33 points and 1.50 goals per game with him.

1.19 points and 1.31 goals without him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.