Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cahill

• Site Supporter

I could have written that article. Just plucks out presumptions and already-known facts.

agreed.

if he doesnt go, make him club captain and offer him a stonking deal, (with a relevent clauses)

if we end up selling for 10m (because we have to), i'll be gutted.

Whilst the article doesn't bring any new information or evidence to light, it's likely that the message is quite accurate

Odd situation wanting one of your best players who causes no problems sold, but I can't help but feeling it would be for the best for BWFC

• Moderators

perhaps the club have been too vocal

and the other clubs know they can leave it late and come in with a cheaper bid, as they know we're more likely to have to sell for less the later we leave it

fwiw heard a rumour yesterday Bendnter was to be part of an Arsenal bid

I would have thought that Bendtner would think himself a bit too good for the likes of us, he does seem to have an incredibly high opinion of himself (if reports are to be believed)

Bendtner wouldn't come to us. As CWP says, he's got a hugely inflated opinion of himself and I'm sure he thinks that his next move will be to another CL team, not a small mid-table-at-best team, especially in the unfashionable north.

Edited by DazBobParr

Nothing that any reasonably well informed person did not know already.

However its no surprise to see the slimy hack that put the piece together, he was the same one that has come out a couple of times and give us a full broadside most notably when GM got sacked and replaced by OC. You can just smell from his piece that he would love us to fail so he could say "i told you so".

Link to his original BWFC bashing piece if anyone is interested -

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/david-anderson/Bolton-fans-will-regret-hounding-out-success-Gary-Megson-article271481.html

perhaps the club have been too vocal

and the other clubs know they can leave it late and come in with a cheaper bid, as they know we're more likely to have to sell for less the later we leave it

A paper at the weekend said Arsenal were valuing Bendtner at ?12m so that certainly wouldn't correlate otherwise what's left wouldn't be much use

I'm also not sure that the club have been overly vocal to be fair, other than saying they expect someone to come in for him

And if the whole reason for selling is to use the funds elsewhere, rather than we can't afford him, then the club can let the interested suitors that there's a deadline, otherwise we won't sell as we can't then repalce him - transprent bluff or not

We've freed up wages with Elmander going and others that are released too

Anyway, don't panic, the fun starts on Friday

If no one comes in for Cahill, get the lad signed up on a 4 year deal and take the clause to 20 million, the lad is 25 and has his best 7- years in front of him, Ferdinand and Terry coming to the end I see Cahill as there most likely replacement, in 2 years we will piss 20 million for him.

• Moderators

I can't see him signing owt, he needs to play Champions League football to get into the England set up properly. I don't think he's up to it but that's by the by. There's a generation behind him that Man Utd have spent nigh on ?30m on, they'll be replacing Ferdinand and Terry IMO, not the current generation of average players.

I can't see him signing owt, he needs to play Champions League football to get into the England set up properly.

I tend to agree with that, if as rumoured he does only have 12 months left on his current deal, then if we don't sell him in this window, he'll probably run his deal down to nothing and sign for a big club on a Bosman - now that would be annoying!

My fear is that Bolton stick to their guns re: Cahill and it pans out like this:

best offer this summer is ?10m to ?12m and is rejected, then having to stick or twist on a ?5m cheeky punt from somewhere in January. Either take ?5m and recoup our initial purchase or lose him for nothing.

I suspect that ?12m will be enough come mid-August.

On BBC that Arsenal are expecting to sell Cesc, if they do arsene will rightly expect that money to buy players and then let the biddign start.

i say rightly as arsenal made a profit last year so it is reasonable for the manager to expect to reinvest any income.

although he does fit in to the arsenal way of playing (as far as centre halves go), i cant help thinking that its not the type of player they need.

Spot on for me that-Arsenal want a "rugged" centre half don't they? but what do I know some people compare Gaz to Terry and for me he's nothing like him - defensively for me he has big improvements to make anyway if we get our ?17m and it's from Arsenal that's perfect would hate him to go to City.....looking forward to how much of an improvement Wheater & Knight can bring to our 56 goals against column last seaason.

• Moderators

looking forward to how much of an improvement Wheater & Knight can bring to our 56 goals against column last seaason.

i do hope this is a piss poor attempt at irony

Guest Blixa

He needs to go, we need to move on. He's outgrown us as a club is the sad truth.

Get in a new centre back, splash some money in other areas. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go pretty much as soon as the window opens, with us spending not long after.

i do hope this is a piss poor attempt at irony

Nope fraid not - just a coincidence our clean sheets went up with him out the side? - don't get me wrong he's a good player and in a better quality side with a different partner in defence he'll do well, i just think Knight and Wheater MIGHT represent a better defensive pairing and we'll conceed less goals - as I've always said and a few on here have agreed he's overrated and ?17m is a start the car job for me

Edited by onlyoneawalker

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.