Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cahill

It's not pants in the slightest, it's a fact that he's not playing against European teams for us

Also, why are folk assuming that he'd have been on the bench had he have moved

Other than the money, what is the advantage for him waiting?

1) yes true but for how many games? if they get knocked out early doors then he wont be playing anyone different (maybe)

2) he might be on the bench and then again he might not. currently he`s the first name down on our team sheet

3) the money is enough, if he has 6 months or nothing on his contract then he has better options. for example Wenger walked away because of the price, that won`t be an issue in 6 months as the price will be much lower and at the end of the season it wil be ?0.

I still say its better for us and him. i don`t fancy knight and wheater together at all (although someone told me yesterday that the only clean sheets we kept last season were when Cahill was out?)

1) yes true but for how many games? if they get knocked out early doors then he wont be playing anyone different (maybe)

2) he might be on the bench and then again he might not. currently he`s the first name down on our team sheet

3) the money is enough, if he has 6 months or nothing on his contract then he has better options. for example Wenger walked away because of the price, that won`t be an issue in 6 months as the price will be much lower and at the end of the season it wil be ?0.

I still say its better for us and him. i don`t fancy knight and wheater together at all (although someone told me yesterday that the only clean sheets we kept last season were when Cahill was out?)

1) ifs and buts, however it does push him into the limelight more

2) He'd not be going to the likes of Arsenal to sit on the bench - possibly at the Manc clubs

3) The "price" won't be lower because the fee will be made up by bigger salary expectations that players have when they're a free agent

It's better for us - I'm with you there, but it's very arguable if it's better for him - only time will tell how good being with us is for him and we'll never know how he would have gotten on had he moved before Sept.

Thank fook we turned Spurs down I would have been gutted seeing G.C. playing for England as a Spurs player, FOOK THE MONEY, to see a BWFC player wearing the 3 lions rekindles my interest in watching the 3 Lions, might even do one of the away days if some of the England regulars can wangle me a ticket.

"@DuncanCastles: Am told that Gary Cahill will NOT be available on a free next summer. Bolton have option to extend for 1 more season. #bwfc #eng"

Fella from Sunday Times.

Can this be substantiated? heard all the pundits Alam Smith etc taking the piss that Cahill will be a great free next year so badly want the 1 year xtension to be true to fook of the gloating pricks.

"@DuncanCastles: Am told that Gary Cahill will NOT be available on a free next summer. Bolton have option to extend for 1 more season. #bwfc #eng"

Fella from Sunday Times.

hahaha fuck em, if I hear about his transfer fee and going free next summer then my foot is goin through the telly

Just a thought but surely if we did have an option we would have been better off making this public knowledge so to avoid shitty bids?

Hope to god we do like.

edit... Anyone on twatter fancy tweeting Nixon and finding out, he likes to think he is itk.

Edited by birch-chorley

Just a thought but surely if we did have an option we would have been better off making this public knowledge so to avoid shitty bids?

Hope to god we do like.

ace up the sleeve, then hopefully cahill cements his place in the england set up and has a good euro2012, then he'll be worth 30million

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.