Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cahill

Not sure what Brum would accept for Scott Dann at the moment but agree with magic legs it would be more than 5m but maybe not to much more. Given he's just coming back from a serious injury, the owner Carson Yeung distracted by the court case against him & the player my want a move. Worth a punt if Cahill does go.

Dann seems to be linked with a few including Rovers and QPR. Tells me that he is available at a decent price if Rovers are linked. Think ?5m is very possible for him.

Another lad at Brum (ridgwell i think) has banged a trasfer request in and reports on twatter that Jerome can go to Leicter if he wants. Brum are fucked.

Reading Twitter last night funny how the Arsenal cyber warriors were slating Cahill saying he's shit anyway as all the talk was about GC going Yids. Mertersacker (sp) better etc. Still think he will end up at Arsenal.

Just got into the office I'm going to try and avoid Deadline day as much as I can.

t

Coud it be with Cahill that Arse and Redknapp etc are being a bit clever, if they wait until January it is likely based on the size and ability of some of our squad that we will be near the bottom of the Prem, then panic will start to set in and either someone will get him on the cheap cos we need other players or he signs a pre agreement.

If he doesn't go and I hope he doesn't btw, then the club need to give him at least another year on his contract to retain some of his value

Finger crossed

• Moderators

a rumour knocking about that there is a one year extension built into cahills deal

god knows what that means

maybe he can invoke it, maybe we can, maybe both parties have to agree

its a messy business

and for the doom mungus amongst us, its possible that arsenal/chelsea et al have an increased need in january as we'll have the best non chumps cup tied centre back in the league

Coud it be with Cahill that Arse and Redknapp etc are being a bit clever, if they wait until January it is likely based on the size and ability of some of our squad that we will be near the bottom of the Prem, then panic will start to set in and either someone will get him on the cheap cos we need other players or he signs a pre agreement.

If he doesn't go and I hope he doesn't btw, then the club need to give him at least another year on his contract to retain some of his value

Finger crossed

fuck me

its Albert Einstein

fuck me

its Albert Einstein

Just my thoughts Garrp and I wasn't really looking for such an articulate and well researched answer. I bow to you superior intellect and wisdom my friend and will in future ask you to check my postings before I dare to send them out to the world.

Now let me think of a name to describe you ............ YES got one thanks !

Loving this Nixon line:

"Bolton told Spurs - via an agent - that it would take Defoe to even make them think about swaps. Won't be happening now"

- don't believe a word of it. We'd never pay Defoe's wages.

Loving this Nixon line:

"Bolton told Spurs - via an agent - that it would take Defoe to even make them think about swaps. Won't be happening now"

- don't believe a word of it. We'd never pay Defoe's wages.

Reading between the lines it means we dont want a swap deal full stop. Its not rocket science.

Reading between the lines it means we dont want a swap deal full stop. Its not rocket science.

We wont want a swap deal as Davies will want the cash.

Personally id rather have a swap, if the players offered are better than what we've got, as whatever we get from selling cahill we wont see much to strengthen the team

Greedy cunt. He should pump in the whole of his modest fortune in.

Not the point

Im just saying id rather have adequate players than paying Davies back. From the viewpoint of a selfish fan. Seeing Davies get his cash back aint gonna make me enjoy sitting through wheater and knight together anymore "oh never mind, we sold cahill and are left with this but its alright cos eddie got his cash back he lent us to buy cahill and a bit of interest too"

Not the point

Im just saying id rather have adequate players than paying Davies back. From the viewpoint of a selfish fan. Seeing Davies get his cash back aint gonna make me enjoy sitting through wheater and knight together anymore "oh never mind, we sold cahill and are left with this but its alright cos eddie got his cash back he lent us to buy cahill and a bit of interest too"

Very simplistic view. we would have been fucked without ED.

He wants a return on his coin then theres nowt we/you can do about it.

Not the point

It'll be knight and Boyata.

Jsl

• Moderators

It'll be knight and Boyata.

Jsl

remains to be seen but as we pushed on with the Boyata in after another RB injury I suspect it'd be Wheater/Knight with Dedrick slotting in at RB

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.