Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Need A Posh Restaurant

• Site Supporter

Going to the smoke for me anniversary end of July and thinking of taking the wife for a posh meal and all that, tried booking Harry Ramsdens but seems they dont have one in the smoke, second choice was La Gavroche but its booked up, any recommendations, as there is fooking hundreds of them.

• Site Supporter

Going to the smoke for me anniversary end of July and thinking of taking the wife for a posh meal and all that, tried booking Harry Ramsdens but seems they dont have one in the smoke, second choice was La Gavroche but its booked up, any recommendations, as there is fooking hundreds of them.

Nobu

Hakkasan

• Site Supporter

I recommend the Oxo Tower Restaurant

Went a couple of yrs ago and it was very good

Decent views too

That looks alreet that does as does Hakasan, any other tips for being in the smoke? Ive only ever been for the footy or cricket never really done the touristy stuff either

• Site Supporter

I've been to Locanda Locatelli's and Wild Huney which were both outstanding

Atul Kochhar's Benares Is quality but one that is getting great reviews at the moment is Murano owned by Angela Hartnett.

Shes a product of Ramsey isnt she? Did look at Jason Athertons place but it seems on the style of Luxe and Smiths?

Agree with Jules, Oxo Restaurant (not the Brasserie). Otherwise, if you want views, Galvin at Windows or Rhodes 24

@ Tower 42.

The other Galvin places are supposed to be good too. Otherwise, I can recommend Pied a Terre and L'Autre Pied, both posh & good food.

Check out E & O in Notting Hill - My link

Don't ususally do this sort of stuff but taken there recently and the missus might love it that the book shop from from the Notting Hill film is opposite! Book over the phone and ask for Sienna Miller's favourite table so they think you're famous and loaded!

They do a crackin' duck and water melon salad ...... highly recommended! Expensive as fuck tho'.

I went to an Ethiopion restaurant on the Caladonian Rd near Kings X, small portions but a cracking strip bar just down the road.

Anyone on here not been to the Flying Scotsman? Gone up now - quid rather that 50 nicker in the pot.

Your losing yer touch Thorpey, just go in the little bar and pay nowt, you can still see them.

They still come thro there and pester you!

Was in there with the missus a couple of years back with a mate and his missus going up to Barnet for a FA Cup first rounder v Farnborough. Mate swore that the strippers wouldn't be on at 12 on a Sat lunch time. Stood by the door and the missus got asked by some Paddy if she was working. Needless to say time to go but did pop in on way back when the birds had had a skin full and didn't give a monkeys ......

Worst toilets I've ever been in that place.

Tend to frequent Shoreditch area now!

Edited by Thorpey

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.