Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wierd Drink Requests

The youngsters in the local drink Jagerbombs by the gallon and costs 'em a fortune.

Reminds me of a couple of months back when there was a group of us and typical of the northern lad in the group I stood up to get the first round in.

Ex-England striker I was with tells me he only ever drinks pink champagne, green tea or sparkling water. Naturally got him a sparkling water but what's wrong with a decent pint these days??

Any other odd drinks requested round your way?

The youngsters in the local drink Jagerbombs by the gallon and costs 'em a fortune.

Reminds me of a couple of months back when there was a group of us and typical of the northern lad in the group I stood up to get the first round in.

Ex-England striker I was with tells me he only ever drinks pink champagne, green tea or sparkling water. Naturally got him a sparkling water but what's wrong with a decent pint these days??

someone asked for a coffee in the brierfield recently

Name and shame

• Moderators

Outside a bar in Munchengladbach, early afternoon after the monsoon, rough as fuck, everyone caning the Jagerbombs, some Hells Angel type trying to arrange an off, I enjoyed my milky coffee.

I just don't understand why people choose to drink sparkling water. With some pop in, fine. On it's own though?? Weirdos.

As a lad, when I worked in O'Leary's in town I'd regularly get some strange requests. A pint of 'golden' being one of them (half lager and half bitter). Also a pint of 'scruffy' (half Guinness and half cider).

The dirty bastards.

I like sparkling water. :blink:

I just don't geddit. It's just, well, something that tastes of nowt but makes your tongue tingle. Is it all about the tingle? Maybe you should carry around small vials of vimto in your bum bag.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.