Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Swp

And to think Chelsea paid ?21m for him! :D

TBF, that was about 5 years ago.

I actually think that ?4m is an absolute bargain - especially when you look at some of the transfer fees being coughed up by other clubs this summer.

If we can get SWP and Tuncay (and another striker on loan hopefully) then all of a sudden, IMO, things are looking very promising indeed. I'll be well chuffed.

4m on a 30 year old?

i think 4m for is good business, but didnt OC say he wouldnt do that kinda thing?

He did say that, however, there will be cases that come along that he will see as too good an opportunity to pass up. he obvioulsy rates SWP highly as he tried to bring him aboard in January.

It would be foolish, IMO, to not sign a player simply because of his age, especially when the transfer fee isn't a stupidly high one.

If City were after, say, ?8m then there is no way we would even consider him given his age.

The good thing about signing SWP is that it isn't a gamble. We know all about him and what he can do.

Just watch now, he'll probably end up at Wigan!

• Moderators

4m on a 30 year old?

i think 4m for is good business, but didnt OC say he wouldnt do that kinda thing?

aye, though I imagine the CYL injury forced him to reassess what we'd need to bring in to cover his absence

4m on a 30 year old?

Sadly I think that ?4M falls in to the "fuck all" catagory now, you can't really get much for anything under ?4M these days

• Site Supporter

SWP will end up at stoke because we won't pay his wages, they will and have the European carrot to dangle, I hope he doesn't and we get him signed up, but I think money will talk at his time of career.

Hes goingto Stoke. Tony Pullis will pay him what he wants

So Stoke it is then for the little fella, that will be along with Jerome, Crouch, Placios, Tuncay and every fucker else they're linked with. What a fine old squad old twatcap ed will have in the potteries..

Wright Phillips can sit on City's bench. Why would he want to swap that for Stoke's bench?

They have wingers already, he'll just be a squad man there. He wants regular starts - that's why we're in the driving seat. That has never changed.

Wright Phillips can sit on City's bench. Why would he want to swap that for Stoke's bench?

They have wingers already, he'll just be a squad man there. He wants regular starts - that's why we're in the driving seat. That has never changed.

Thats a fair point and it seems we've chased him for a while now, hope we are in the driving seat, would be a massive boost for our squad.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/9188491.Jerome_arrival_is_not_imminent__say_Whites/

One transfer that appears to have taken a backward step is the ?2.5m deal for Manchester City?s Shaun Wright-Phillips. Talks have been held with the England winger but Stoke City now appear to have tabled a rival bid, with the promise of a bigger basic salary.

?2.5M sounds like a bargain.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/9188491.Jerome_arrival_is_not_imminent__say_Whites/

One transfer that appears to have taken a backward step is the ?2.5m deal for Manchester City?s Shaun Wright-Phillips. Talks have been held with the England winger but Stoke City now appear to have tabled a rival bid, with the promise of a bigger basic salary.

?2.5M sounds like a bargain.

It is cheap its the salary that goes with it that is the problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.