Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Swp

What I don't understand is why ourselves, Stoke and Fulham are all supposed to be interested in Jerome (I think that Fulham ahd a bir rejected earlier this week) - what do the three managers in question see in the bloke?

Fulham's bid was just shy of ?3m and they'll not be raising the offer.

Jol sees something in Jerome, but not much.

?3m buys fuck all as a striker nowadays.

I can see power and pace in Jerome and I heard on Talksport from the Brum correspondent that he scored 11 in the premier league a couple of years ago, as I said in a previous post I would take a chance on either Ngog or Jerome around the 3 million mark, if they dont cut the mustard we can flog them back to a championship team for the same money, its a no brainer.

I can see power and pace in Jerome and I heard on Talksport from the Brum correspondent that he scored 11 in the premier league a couple of years ago, as I said in a previous post I would take a chance on either Ngog or Jerome around the 3 million mark, if they dont cut the mustard we can flog them back to a championship team for the same money, its a no brainer.

I think Robson and Jerome off Soldier Soldier would score more premier league goals than Davies and Jerome.

Lets have a run at that Shane Long from Reading.

Edited by birch-chorley

Yep, no doubt we cant afford him though will be the line

Talking about ?6m, think we could get to that.

I still like the look of that South Korean at Monaco Park Chu Young, Talking about ?4m but he scored 12 league goals last season in a team that went down. He keeps pushing for a move to Liverpool but they are not taking him on. Think he would be a good buy at that money. Him and Chungy are the two big names in South Korea so signing him would probably help generate some more advertising revenues for the club.

i think shane long is a big gamble at 7m

i think the lad looks decent (at a lower level)

no idea if he's good enough for the prem.

Exactly. 7m for a guy who has never played in the premiership is nuts for a club like us. Ive seen Shane Long 3 or 4 times and i didnt instantly think he would do well for us. I would rather have ngog for 3-4 million.

Exactly. 7m for a guy who has never played in the premiership is nuts for a club like us. Ive seen Shane Long 3 or 4 times and i didnt instantly think he would do well for us. I would rather have ngog for 3-4 million.

Agreed, he has only been a regular scorer in 2010/11. Before that, people were asking if he would be better going off to Aldershot on loan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.