Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Swp

• Site Supporter

i think SWP is decent and id have him in the team immediatly (on the right, petrov on the left)

if petrov leaves next season, id be trying chungy or swp on the left. if it doesnt work swp can also play int he middle and possibly up front.

basically, if hes available and affordable, buy him.

i think SWP is decent and id have him in the team immediatly (on the right, petrov on the left)

if petrov leaves next season, id be trying chungy or swp on the left. if it doesnt work swp can also play int he middle and possibly up front.

basically, if hes available and affordable, buy him.

This doesn't happen often, but I agree :D

Now I think SWP is plenty good enough for us...isolated purely to his ability, but what DD and Homo appear to be missing though is that we'd be employing 2 wingers

Pretty much out and out wingers

Our rather maligned full backs would probably not appreciate this

The same goes for the oft villified Muamba (or this season maybe Pratley and Coco Pops) who was often forced out of position by having to stretch across to cover for the lack of tracking out wide.

I see us getting a few tonkings this year if we stick to 4-4-2 game in, game out with those players

Well we could always go with the formation Brazil went with in the 2010 World Cup.

Reo-Coker and Muamba[Melo and G.Silva] as the holders, Petrov and SWP each wing, M.Davies/Pratley through the centre/free roam with Davies up top, this away from home for me, we didn't really fair that much better with Taylor out left with Lee/Elmander right.

Obviously this is just with what we have now, I'd prefer Klasnic in there and it to be different with a new striker and when Holden returns.

Edited by Didledee

Dont play 4 4 2 away from home, its the simple answer.

a) 4 4 2 at home got us a good points total last season, stick to it

B) 4 5 1 away, means you can still play the two attacking wide men, as 2 of the 3 centre mids can help the dreadful full backs where needs be. we aint got many striking options so just play one centre forward away, be a bit more defensive minded and try and better last seasons shite away points total.

Well we could always go with the formation Brazil went with in the 2010 World Cup.

Reo-Coker and Muamba[Melo and G.Silva] as the holders, Petrov and SWP each wing, M.Davies/Pratley through the centre/free roam with Davies up top, this away from home for me, we didn't really fair that much better with Taylor out left with Lee/Elmander right.

Obviously this is just with what we have now, I'd prefer Klasnic in there and it to be different with a new striker and when Holden returns.

This actually makes perfect sense. :blink:

Coyle is trying to sign 2 strikers so 4-4-2 is almost nailed on for every game imo.

tylswhite, you're the president of itk, have you got any names, have you been sworn to secrecy? any news on SWP, is it N'gog and Jerome, Owen? Rasiak? Sturridge? Rivaldo?

• Site Supporter

Now I think SWP is plenty good enough for us...isolated purely to his ability, but what DD and Homo appear to be missing though is that we'd be employing 2 wingers

Pretty much out and out wingers

Our rather maligned full backs would probably not appreciate this

The same goes for the oft villified Muamba (or this season maybe Pratley and Coco Pops) who was often forced out of position by having to stretch across to cover for the lack of tracking out wide.

I see us getting a few tonkings this year if we stick to 4-4-2 game in, game out with those players

im not missing it at all.

in terms of players for the same position i just dont care if we have too many players, its not my job to care.

in terms of all too attacking, i agree, but coyle wants wingers. if thats the case, then id rather they be swp than chris eagles.

Edited by HomerJay

im not missing it at all.

in terms of players for the same position i just dont care if we have too many players, its not my job to care.

in terms of all too attacking, i agree, but coyle wants wingers. if thats the case, then id rather they be swp than chris eagles.

Let's assume we have a limited budget and could get one extra player in for that role(s wide right or left) only

Given your stance that it's too attacking, would you not prefer a signing of a wide "midfielder"?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.