Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Uk Riots

Guest bwfcdan

Have you seen these fuckwits from Salford on BBC News at 10? The two women and one fella trying to condone the trouble. Take there fucking benefits away! If they dont want to be a law abiding citizen then they wont want the handouts given to them by the law abiding citizens.

And the reasons they gave for the riots? Some bloke who got shot and 'them Polish' coming over to take our jobs. Jog on!

I wouldn't take away thier benefits, it would just mean they would just find other means to get money , stealing mugging etc, what i would do is make them clear shit up from the streets or even give them that shitty job jazza had to do the other day and let jazza be thier boss, no work no money and anyone going down the disability route can have the job of sitting by a conveyor sorting through the shit.

• Site Supporter

im also not sure that withdrawing their benefits is a great idea.

surely that will heighten the problem?

be great if the rule was in place before hand, but surley the damage has been done?

or are we talking about further rioting?

• Moderators

whilst I agree that taking away home/benefits as a punishment will more than likely cause more problems - there needs to be some sort of deterrent/punishment - part of the problem is these fuckers commit all sorts of crimes as is and know that they'll get a slap on the wrists - they know they more than likely won't go to prison, so they do what they want

• Site Supporter

you have Jimmy and Janine on Benefits, Jimmy fancies a telly like the one he's just seen being looted on Telly so goes out round Salford and loots, gets caught and has his benefits taken away, now him and Janine are homeless, and revert to other crimes to make money.

Jeremy is 18, lives with his mum and dad, he goes out rioting and gets caught, loses his job seekers, and also as he has a criminal record, has alienated himself froma large portion of the jobs market.. now his mum and dad also have to keep him longer as its going to bea while before he can flock the nest, but also have to keep on giving him pocket money into his twenties..He becomes accustomed to this and so it continues..

unfortunatly with both parties it wouldnt work. As someones said community work is possibly the only way it would work and get these people a sense of identity and pride in themselves enough to want to work and want all the things that the vast majority of us work so bloody hard for.

It's simple, replace welfare with workfare.

We've got plenty of rocks that need turning in to aggregate.

I feel dirty!

I agree with Tory Boy!

Possibly not rocks into aggregate but there's miles of public rights of way and acres of public space that could do with a clean up.

• Site Supporter

It's simple, replace welfare with workfare.

We've got plenty of rocks that need turning in to aggregate.

This

Then if they don't show, withdraw their money.

Although they can start by tidying the mess they made.

OK, a compromise.

But you're delaying the inevitable. They'll not turn up.

I don't know why you call it welfare in that case - it rather sounds like you simply want to bribe them to not rob ordinary people, if the suggestion of providing them with a job is such a non starter.

EDIT -

I suppose the answer here is that its an iterative process. You provide work. If they choose not to take it and commit crime instead, you lock them up. Repeat until the message sinks in.

Simple providing benefits ad infinitum is a part of the process which creates the situation. After a few years of a tougher structure, people would rationally adapt to the new structure. At the moment these people rationally work out that being idle scum and robbing when the opportunity arises is the path of least resistance in their life.

Edited by maaarsh

All able-bodied people on benefits should work in the community for those benefits, irrespective of whether they're rioters and/or looters.

You don't work, you don't get paid: just like having a job.

Get convicted of rioting/looting: you go to prison.

Whilst in prison, you don't receive your benefits.

It's a wider picture than just dealing with the aftermath of these riots: the whole benefit system needs reforming.

It's a wider picture than just dealing with the aftermath of these riots: the whole benefit system needs reforming.

Yup. It's a shame the reforms have already gone through parliament as I think it would be much easier to get a firmer package agreed now. Still, the changes coming through should make some improvement.

Schools will be the big one. The teacher training colleges have been long since colonised by a soft left concensus that doesn't even comprehend the value of discipline. If Gove can crack that on top the changes he's already made to discourage piss take qualifications, then fair fucks to him.

Yup. It's a shame the reforms have already gone through parliament as I think it would be much easier to get a firmer package agreed now. Still, the changes coming through should make some improvement.

Schools will be the big one. The teacher training colleges have been long since colonised by a soft left concensus that doesn't even comprehend the value of discipline. If Gove can crack that on top the changes he's already made to discourage piss take qualifications, then fair fucks to him.

Bring back the cane in schools and also allow coppers to clip folk round the ear when required.

I was with you all the way but I can't bring myself to ever credit Gove; he's such an instantly dislikable character

I was with you all the way but I can't bring myself to ever credit Gove; he's such an instantly dislikable character

Full disclosure - I've spent a bit of time with him and am a big fan.

He certainly looks a little odd, and is probably a little too clever for his own good sometimes. When debating against people he knows he has in a corner, he lays traps and gives them rope to hang themselves rather than just stating why they are wrong at the outset, which can be rather annoying.

He certainly looks a little odd, and is probably a little too clever for his own good sometimes. When debating against people he knows he has in a corner, he lays traps and gives them rope to hang themselves rather than just stating why they are wrong at the outset, which can be rather annoying.

I'm warming to him now.

I have little doubt that he's an intelligent and cunning politician and therefore bloke

There's just something about the Notting Hill Set that makes me feel uneasy; they're too slick and greasy for my liking....the type that you expect to one day shed their skin revealing lizard-like beings underneath wanting to take over the world

Edited by jules_darby

I have little doubt that he's an intelligent and cunning politician and therefore bloke

There's just something about the Notting Hill Set that makes me feel uneasy; they're too slick and greasy for my liking....the type that you expect to one day shed their skin revealing lizard-like beings underneath wanting to take over the world

Agree entirely on Notting Hill set 1000%, but Gove isn't one of them.

He was adopted as a child, brought up in an ordinary foster family and earnt everything he got.

I don't know why people think that providing work for these clowns is the answer. There already is work for them but they don't want to do it because it's minimum wage stuff that they feel is beneath them even though they're not remotely qualified to do anything else. They can earn more by stealing, drug dealing and organised crime than they can delivering pizzas for example.

On the news last night, someone said that these people have grown up with a sense of entitlement. They think that not only does the world owe them a living, it owes them a good living and they shouldn't even have to contribute anything in return.

If kids grow up without any sort of sense of right or wrong, then it's a waste of time throwing money at the problem later on in life. The damage has already been done. This government could do worse than re-instate the rights of parents, teachers and even the police to hand out a slap when required. Perhaps some of them might see the error of their ways before it's too late.

Edited by SpiritofBurnden

Agree entirely on Notting Hill set 1000%, but Gove isn't one of them.

He was adopted as a child, brought up in an ordinary foster family and earnt everything he got.

Just looked on wiki of all places and I have to say I wasn't aware of his background and christ he doesn't sound Scotch to me

That doesn't mean he's anymore likable I'm afraid, but maybe gives me a lesson in making assumptions about folk

Though I was adopted and earnt all I have myself too and I'm still a cunt :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.