Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Uk Riots

Guest bwfcdan

Police tell all London clubs to call off matches. Anyone know if they're talking weekend? Also kicking off in Liverpool.

Just 2 x midweek Carling Cup matches so far. FA meeting with police about the Holland match on Weds.

I would hope the police would have this under control before the weekend to be honest. If its still going on this Friday, I expect there to be games called off just down to the fact of resourcing issues with the emergency services with the London area

Reports of cars on fire Trinity way Salford

@gmpoliceGM Police Twitter feed

BBC reports of rioting/disturbances in Greater Manchester inaccurate. No rioting whatsoever, no major disturbances. All quiet at moment.

01:58 9/8/11

Although it wont take long for people to jump on the looting bandwagon in the Salford / Moss Side / Levenshulme areas

Oh yes, but strangely the majority of the females appear to be white.

It's all a bit worrying where our society is heading really as they can probably have children, if they've not already commenced breeding.

Wog

Sockets

Burn'em like witches

Nowi might be being stupid but if the police don't change the way they have been dealing with this then we are seriously fucked?

Surely these scumbags are just going to move to another untouched part of london and riot the same shops again.

Nowi might be being stupid but if the police don't change the way they have been dealing with this then we are seriously fucked?

Surely these scumbags are just going to move to another untouched part of london and riot the same shops again.

Second picture down

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024001/Forced-strip-naked-street-Shocking-scenes-rioters-steal-clothes-rifle-bags-people-make-way-home.html

• Site Supporter

i pretty sure the police would give them a good kicking if they could.

problem is procedures, protocol and other fukcin nonsense stopping them from being able to do anything.

ive heard that we have nobody with a licence to use a watercannon. what a load of shite that it!

i love the fact that many are blaming cameron because he was on holiday and not 'running the country'....laughable

i have no idea how to stop this mayhem, but something needs to be done quick before these scumbags really get out of total control.

Last night I was tranfixed watching it. Today, I feel sick as to what is going on.

I'm not a violent woman but want to go in windmilling the fuckers.

My sentiments exactly - truly sickening when you see pictures of vulnerable people being stripped naked and humiliated like that. So many tragic pictures - the poor old bugger surveying the damage to his salon (who probably fought in the war), people jumping from burning buildings, the interview with the family of that furniture business, old folk waking up with scumbags in their room etc etc etc

A bit of a protest here and there is no bad thing but this is beyond anything I thought I would ever see in this country. That said, sod the overanalysis of cause etc we need to see firm action now.

Cameron needs to call for a curfew and make it clear that any further hint of anti social behaviour will be dealt with in a very heavy handed manner. I can't think of anybody I know who would object. If it is not dealt with in a serious way the repercussions for the future do not bear thinking about.

• Moderators

Most of these "people" were born, raised and educated under Labour, well the EU/labour coalition anyway. You can't blame Cameron after a relatively short period in power. People aren't that naive! It takes years to create a situation like this.

Most of these "people" were born, raised and educated under Labour, well the EU/labour coalition anyway. You can't blame Cameron after a relatively short period in power. People aren't that naive! It takes years to create a situation like this.

Actually, I think they are. Anyway, they were clamouring for him to come back of holiday last week when the economic situation worsened and then on Monday when the riots worsened. I never thought he was that popular!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.