Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Uk Riots

Guest bwfcdan

Prestons?

the faintest sign of trouble and all of their stuff will be thrown in the vault.

I am thinking Currys and...... well the only other shops I can think of in the town centre are bookies and pound shops.

Just driven to didsbury through Hulme / Moss Side where you may expect bother in Manchester and there's not a peep

Though I did see a car crash and seperately a car driver arguing with a motorbike driver

Folk are tense

Didsbury fucking hell your minted aren't ya?

the faintest sign of trouble and all of their stuff will be thrown in the vault.

I am thinking Currys and...... well the only other shops I can think of in the town centre are bookies and pound shops.

That new model railway shop at bottom of Belmont Road :roll:

He had a gun. He was fair game.

Iv just been the shop and there's 2 fire engines on deansgate in anticipation of some trouble. A few police vans flying about and a big group of black lads giving it the big I am walking down towards tharndale end.

Like jules said, it feels tense.

He had a gun. He was fair game.

Iv just been the shop and there's 2 fire engines on deansgate in anticipation of some trouble. A few police vans flying about and a big group of black lads giving it the big I am walking down towards tharndale end.

Are we talking manc here or Bolton??

He had a gun. He was fair game.Iv just been the shop and there's 2 fire engines on deansgate in anticipation of some trouble. A few police vans flying about and a big group of black lads giving it the big I am walking down towards tharndale end.

Exactly

If you carry a gun then you are fair game to get shot IMO

You can get shot gor having something that looks like a gun, he had an actual gun. Fair game?

It's still a bit sketchy but have I heard right he wasn't in the mini cab when he was shot but his gun was?

I'm not comfortable with this "fair game" idea. I must be a bit of a leftie. :blink:

It's unlikely that anybody will ever know what happened in or around the mini cab but after seeing that last night I am afraid I am also in the 'fair game' camp.

I am also uncomfortable with the idea of armed police fir all kinds of reasons but let's be honest if you roam the streets with a gun there is a good chance that things won't turn out too well for you in the long run.

Some community chap on tv earlier was saying that these young uns now talk about expected life span of just 25 yrs - they are frightened of nothing ...

Talking generally here and don't pretentious to know the ins and outs of the case with thus Duggan lad.

• Moderators

Just driven to didsbury through Hulme / Moss Side where you may expect bother in Manchester and there's not a peep

Though I did see a car crash and seperately a car driver arguing with a motorbike driver

Folk are tense

stuff happening in Manc city centre

loads of them ran past our office down King Street, in and out the side streets between Market Street

the Ugg store has been smashed up as well

ugg.jpg

miss selfridge set on fire too

http://yfrog.com/kjnxqquj

not too surprised moss side/hulme quiet, it's all about looting now it would seem

Edited by ZicoKelly

anybody else thinks it's a bit bizarre that the police seemed to have sat back and let 'em get on with it?

When faced with a bunch of hippies, girls and sociology students a few months back they were in there cracking heads for fun.

Well it is the dogooders who are at fault

Now I'm no hardnan, far from it, but in Fitzrovia they started shutting places at 4, why I don't know.

Sure enough the work shy decided to get home lest they be set upon by feral scrotes. One bloke lives in a farmhouse in Guildford, I hardly think he's going get mobbed down a country lane.

Anyway by half six no one left but me, and I've had the easiest journey back. If my office was based less centrally then fair enough but I've never seen such an overreaction to get a hour off work in my life.

Blitz spirit? Last in the office was me, a French bloke and an Aussie. Southerners, pah!

As for Barking, no one will notice any damage but I expect a song by Bragg soon written from his house in Devon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.