Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where You Spent Your Youth....

gonzo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Olivers Swinton,Chuffers Farnworth,Ritzy,crown and flick,space city(after it changed its name) Silver screen eccles, also did Shelleys in stoke, Shergars Leigh,Peppermint place,City Lites,Ritz Manchester,conspiracy manchester,The Hacienda,the temple, Piccadilly 101, one of the strangest clubs was Circus Circus in Northern Ireland, no drinks license take in your own booze and kick boxing contest on all night to name but a few over a very very long time, all but stopped clubbing it now.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

AKA

Rave Cave

Sheila's Shack

TK's night spot of the north.

Deaf DJ and a bouncer with a pet goat.

RIP Nibblers.

It was always referred to as The Pit'by our lot. At the end of a night in the Crown/Long Pull/Queens your choice was either a walk home or a walk down CNR to the 'steps of shame' guarded by old school doormen Terry or Gary. :blink: Happy days! :thumbsup:

Bolton Palais is where my Mum and Dad met over a rather shaky dance floor ( so they tell me) ...

Met my wife there also, 37 yrs married,yes it was a shaky dance floor, not that i was much of a dancer.

Edited by white -50

Used to drive me nuts when people called Maxwell?s Plum Maxwell Plums. It still does. Maybe I?m just a miserable git.

I used go in there underage, when it was the Playmate. Five bars and three dance floors. They used to advertise Pips in Manchester with two bars and eight dance floors. We always had more bars than dance floors in Bolton.

Went in Pips (used to be the Va Va) under Elizabeth House as a sixth former. Really sad that the venue isn?t being used now.

Went in the Palais once at 17, got practically raped by some randy woman from Manchester. My sister was working there at the time. One of her mates told her of a couple having it away on the balcony. To this day she doesn?t know it was me. We finished the job in the multi-storey car park on Crown St. Classy stuff.

Rockerfellas was the place when I was twenty. Got my heart broken, soppy twat that I am.

Hawthorn?s in mid twenties. Sunday night, when they had the only late license in town, and choc a bloc with high class totty.

Fuck me, I feel old.

• Moderators

No idea, there was a club there before Madchester according to my mum. I work near there now and there was a club that there called Oasis that ThebBeatles, Stones etc. played at on Lloyd St but that's gone.

Monroes,Stockport - Walked into that bloody dance floor mirror.

Kelly's - A mill club in Marple, Stockport. (easy pull)

Sankeys.

Coco Savana, Stockport - Got dragged down the stairs for running past the bouncers when too young.

Bamboo 'til two' - Hazel Grove, Stockport.

Monroes,Stockport - Walked into that bloody dance floor mirror.

Kelly's - A mill club in Marple, Stockport. (easy pull)

Sankeys.

Coco Savana, Stockport - Got dragged down the stairs for running past the bouncers when too young.Bamboo 'til two' - Hazel Grove, Stockport.

Oh aye

Forgot about the Boo

And that time in Coco's....and none of us would come outside and leave with you :D

• Moderators

AKA

Rave Cave

Sheila's Shack

TK's night spot of the north.

Deaf DJ and a bouncer with a pet goat.

RIP Nibblers.

best door policy ever

"are you 18?"

"no"

"if the cops come hide in the bogs"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.