Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Running/fast Walking

Well, I'm off work for a week and rather than just sit around at home watching DVDs, playing on Xbox and watching adult streaming sites, I thought I'd try and do something a bit healthier.

I'd not been up ther since I was a kid so I thought I'd see if I could run up to Rivvy Pike without stopping.

Parked up at the bottom barn and ran up to the posh house and my calves were fucked. Anyway, after a lot of alternating between running and fast walking, I got up to the pike in 32 mins ... and then very nearly passed out.

I reckon that's not bad..?

Anyway, whilst up there, it sort of reminded me what a beautiful place we live in, once you've peeled back the layer of scum.

Gonna try and do something similar tomorrow (if my body hasn't completely seized up).

Anyone got any suggestions of a good run/walk that won't take to long to drive to the start of?

Ta very much like.

Well, I'm off work for a week and rather than just sit around at home watching DVDs, playing on Xbox and watching adult streaming sites, I thought I'd try and do something a bit healthier.

I'd not been up ther since I was a kid so I thought I'd see if I could run up to Rivvy Pike without stopping.

Parked up at the bottom barn and ran up to the posh house and my calves were fucked. Anyway, after a lot of alternating between running and fast walking, I got up to the pike in 32 mins ... and then very nearly passed out.

Anyway, whilst up there, it sort of reminded me what a beautiful place we live in, once you've peeled back the layer of scum.

Gonna try and do something similar tomorrow (if my body hasn't completely seized up).

Anyone got any suggestions of a good run/walk that won't take to long to drive to the start of?

Ta very much like.

Get upto the Lake's and do some of the fells.

Park at the bottom barn, walk up through the bungalow grounds to the pike.

should take you about half an hour or so.

If you park at the bottom barn, please go on the car park and not on the road as it's fucking annoying!

Thank you.

Park at the bottom barn, walk up through the bungalow grounds to the pike.

should take you about half an hour or so.

That's gonna be easier and quicker than what I've just done this morning though (I wen t the steeper way up) ... and the end result will be the same, stood up at the pike.

I'm after something that'll take a couple of hours (and no, I don't want to do what I've already done 4 times).

Ta

Another one is possibly parking at San Marino Belmont Rd and running up to the mast.

The start is a marked (from Belmont Rd) public footpath slightly closer to Bolton.

Thanks. Think I'll give that a bash. So, just to confirm, if I park up at San Marino I then need to head back towards Bolton (rather than Belmont) to pick up the path?

For gentle/flat run park inbetween the reservoir's and run down The Street and back. It's 2 miles there and back.

If you're feeling abit more adventurous go left at the end and run up the hill past the Yew Tree pub and back round.

Thanks. Think I'll give that a bash. So, just to confirm, if I park up at San Marino I then need to head back towards Bolton (rather than Belmont) to pick up the path?

You can do this one in a loop which I think is more interesting than up & down the same way.

Park at The Black Dog at Belmont,go back towards Bolton to just past San Marino & turn right up signposted path till you reach the bench at the top , then turn right along the top for 100/200 yards ,then turn right again down the hill & the path brings you out at the far end of the Blue Lagoon from Belmont,& there are paths round both sides of the lagoon back to the Black Dog for an optional pint.

I don't do running, but it's an hour's walk.

Go over COR from Bolton and then up St Georges Lane.

Park up and run up the road that leads to the mast.

Top tip. Once you get past the 2nd cattle grid its easy, I promise. It the first bit thats a killer.

Ta very much like.

32 mins, walk it in that time, you go via the mast?

Go over COR from Bolton and then up St Georges Lane.

Park up and run up the road that leads to the mast.

Top tip. Once you get past the 2nd cattle grid its easy, I promise. It the first bit thats a killer.

Corrected.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.