Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Diouf To Barcodes!

Gonk

Diouf is a bit like Big Sam, both did great things for Bolton, however some people choose to ignore all of that and just remember/mention their departures, which I didn't like either, but both of 'em were involved in the best years of this club, Sam more so like.

Some of us also remember the that for every game Diouf had a blinder there were another 10 where although he was on the pitch, he may as well not have been!

His contribution to us is hugely overrated.

Don;t agree with that. The fact he comes back here so often contradicts that.

Thats because we have loads of muppets who worship him and that suits his ego. How the fuck can he give a shit when asked for a transfer in the middle of a relegation battle? There might not of been a club to come back to had we gone down.

Thats because we have loads of muppets who worship him and that suits his ego. How the fuck can he give a shit when asked for a transfer in the middle of a relegation battle? There might not of been a club to come back to had we gone down.

Think thats a bit unfair, he loved the club and the fans but hated that cunt megson(like the majority of Bolton fans). He still played a decent part in the last half of the season scoring a few goals to boot if I remember correctly.

Seeing him celebrate in front of our fans when he was at Sunderland and we did em 4 - 1 was fantastic.

Yeh, but he's got ace wheels.

Brap Brap!

Think thats a bit unfair, he loved the club and the fans but hated that cunt megson(like the majority of Bolton fans). He still played a decent part in the last half of the season scoring a few goals to boot if I remember correctly.

Seeing him celebrate in front of our fans when he was at Sunderland and we did em 4 - 1 was fantastic.

yea thats true but i wonder how the rest of the bolton players felt when the fans were singing we want our dioufy back instead of cheering for the ones who had just won the game for us ( especially when they know the circumstances of his departure )i'm not saying he was a bad player far from it but it just did'nt seem right

yea thats true but i wonder how the rest of the bolton players felt when the fans were singing we want our dioufy back instead of cheering for the ones who had just won the game for us ( especially when they know the circumstances of his departure )i'm not saying he was a bad player far from it but it just did'nt seem right

Gavin McCann looked particularly miffed if I recall correctly.

Elmander was on fire that day.

I was at Sunderland, & the majority of Bolton fans were applauding the players who had won the game for Bolton & not that piece of shit who wouldn't play for Bolton when we looked like going down.

I've nothing but contempt for the cunt.

I was at Sunderland, & the majority of Bolton fans were applauding the players who had won the game for Bolton & not that piece of shit who wouldn't play for Bolton when we looked like going down.I've nothing but contempt for the cunt.

Not as I remember it, remember him playing many times the second half of that season and scoring as well. He fucking hated Megson and would rather move than play for the cunt, I can completly understand that. The lad didnt like the manager and fancied a move, he hardly fucking refused to go out and play like Meite at Munich. In fact he fucking scored last home game against Sunderland at home which secured our Prem status if I remember correctly.

Some people need to get a grip, Dioufy was a big part of the best team / generation that we have had and for that reason he gets a big thumbs up from me.

Diouf's leaving present was our helping with our survival, sure he shouldn't have said what he said, but the goal v Sunderland was massive, we got a last minute draw at Chelsea thanks to Taylor, but unless a huge swing in goal difference we were safe going into the last day, Diouf's goal along with the own goal is a major reason why where still in the Prem today, so I can forgive him and thank him also.

Campo, Elmander and Diouf said they didn't like playing for Megson, I'm sure there were many others also, still doesn't excuse Diouf's behavior, but for me he repaid us with the goal v Sunderland, not to mention his other goals, assists and contributions, Megson spoiled our cup run in Lisbon, but it was Diouf who gave many a Bolton fan the chance to see Bolton advance on a dream.

Edited by Didledee

Not as I remember it, remember him playing many times the second half of that season and scoring as well. He fucking hated Megson and would rather move than play for the cunt, I can completly understand that. The lad didnt like the manager and fancied a move, he hardly fucking refused to go out and play like Meite at Munich. In fact he fucking scored last home game against Sunderland at home which secured our Prem status if I remember correctly.

Some people need to get a grip, Dioufy was a big part of the best team / generation that we have had and for that reason he gets a big thumbs up from me.

Was it Megson's fault that Liverpool, Sunderland, Rangers & Blackburn (twice ) all got rid of him ?

Was it Megson's fault that Liverpool, Sunderland, Rangers & Blackburn (twice ) all got rid of him ?

Whats that got to do with a Bolton fan "Having nothing but contempt for the cunt", your attitude is Pathetic. Southampton (Twice) and Blackburn got rid of SKD does that mean that you have complete contempt for him as well? No, its an irrelevance.

My best experiences in 20 years of following BWFC have been coming in the top 8 of the 92 clubs for four years in a row. Giving the big boys a bloody nose on many an occasion and seeing the whites in europe. I would happily sacrifice someone elses first born child to have just 1 more Europa cup run. That team / era including Jussi, SKD, Campo, Dioufy, Nolan, Anelka, Speed, Stelios, BSA..... made me proud as fuck and I consider each of them true Wanderers greats.

Yes a few of them left in ways which should not have happened but ffs being so sour towards players of that generation isnt on IMO. From me its thank you to Dioufy and the rest of the lads of that era for the best days we have had in living memory.

Edited by birch-chorley

• Moderators

he's a twat

his actions could've led to us being relegated

it aint his right to allow his not liking the manager to affect his performance

you get on with it when you're on 20k a week

it aint like other jobs

if we're gonna talk about games that kept us up, we'll look at the game at boro when the twat was conspicuous by his absence for the first hour having played the cunt all week

late night parties and failing to train

I remember alot of that team being dogshit that season, without the diaries of the players I couldnt tell you which other players where taking the piss out partying. If we are putting Dioufy under the spotlight then what about the rest? What was there excuse for playing so piss poorly?

I am sure though that if what Dioufy did was as bad as people are making out Megson would not have played him.

Edit - Would Dioufy have stood by us through the 80's? Strange question... No obviously not as he is / has been a top flight player. Would BSA, Jussi, SKD, Cahill, Holden etc have stood by Bolton in the 80's? Would they fuck because they are quality players / manager who deserve to be at the top level. The fact that they wouldnt stick around would not mean that I would have complete contempt for them.

Edited by birch-chorley

• Moderators

the point being that one vava is worth 1000s of dioufs

how ironic that you'd describe his attitude as pathetic whilst defending somebody who fcuked us over when it suited him

anyway, you carry on withj your schioolboy crush and i'll loathe him

which is a pity as he should've been a top, top player

twice african footballer op the year...something okocha didn't win, even once

I just cant understand how a player who played over 100 games for us scoring over 20 goals and creating many more doesnt deserve a little recognition. His 100 games came during our best spell as a club in modern history. If he went missing like some are suggesting, and "wasnt all that" then surely we would not have finished so well. We finished in the top 8 for four years on the run, we couldnt have done that if we had to carry Dioufy for 100 games.

There are some BWFC fans that loath BSA, some that loath Dioufy, some that think we shouldnt give two fucks about Nolan "he got paid enough fuck him" etc etc

I just am not of this opinion. These guys where all great for me even though some left the wrong way. Fuck that I will choose to remember the decent four years that those guys brought us.

Diouf scored 24 goals in 136 games for us: a pretty poor return in my eyes for an international striker.

These figures are even worse when you take out his "loan season" with us. After he'd earned a contract, he did little to justify it IMO.

15 goals in 104 games over 3 of our best seasons, a goal every 7 games wasn't enough for somebody "so talented"

0 goals in 16 games at Sunderland.

4 goals in 62 games at Blackburn.

2 goals in 22 games for Rangers.

And people would still take him back.

Never mind him being a repugnant, abrasive prick: he's simply not good enough.

PS Once again I apologise for the introduction of facts to back up my argument.

Diouf scored 24 goals in 136 games for us: a pretty poor return in my eyes for an international striker.

These figures are even worse when you take out his "loan season" with us. After he'd earned a contract, he did little to justify it IMO.

15 goals in 104 games over 3 of our best seasons, a goal every 7 games wasn't enough for somebody "so talented"

0 goals in 16 games at Sunderland.

4 goals in 62 games at Blackburn.

2 goals in 22 games for Rangers.

And people would still take him back.

Never mind him being a repugnant, abrasive prick: he's simply not good enough.

PS Once again I apologise for the introduction of facts to back up my argument.

To be fair, we didn't really play him as a striker though

edit: I have no facts on it but I seem to remember him being someone who set up alot and contributed in that way

He did a job for us for the most part, but we've moved on....

Edited by jules_darby

Birch, I've got an ex boyfriend who I had a couple of great years with, he turned out to be a twat, as I was warned by a previous bird of his.

Now, should I remember the good times and hug him when I see him and just tell people what a great guy he was if he comes up in conversation or should I just ignore the cunt and when anyone mentions him growl? I'm sure it's human nature to do the latter.

Fair play to you for only remembering the goods times though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.