Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Night Before Game Meals

anewman

• Site Supporter

Coke.

The drug not the drink.

I once played after a night on the pills, dropped my last one at 7am kicked off at 11am I was subbed at 11;02am it wasnt big or clever :nea:

My preperation will not be the same for tomorrows game,

Edited by superjohnmcginlay

I once played after a night on the pills, dropped my last one at 7am kicked off at 11am I was subbed at 11;02am it wasnt big or clever :nea:

Haha. Couldn't think of anything worse.

I could run for miles on acid tho!

hahaha!

i went to the last ever night at bowlers,got home at 8am,got caught sat bollock naked at my pc by my dad who was comming to get me up for football at 9.30am,missed my lift,then cycled to fleetwood to make the second half,got put on at half time by a very pissed off manager,then subbed 20 minutes later,still completely off my box!! i actually jumped over something in the middle of the park,that quite clearly wasnt there!! :D

• Site Supporter

hahaha!

i went to the last ever night at bowlers,got home at 8am,got caught sat bollock naked at my pc by my dad who was comming to get me up for football at 9.30am,missed my lift,then cycled to fleetwood to make the second half,got put on at half time by a very pissed off manager,then subbed 20 minutes later,still completely off my box!! i actually jumped over something in the middle of the park,that quite clearly wasnt there!! :D

its one the weirdest things I have ever done so surreal, however the best tale from sunday morning football was rounding the keeper on Hulton Lane jsut ready to put it away and a defender came sliding in to clear the ball off the line I put my foot on the ball and he slid through a large dog muck it was all up his side I nearly couldnt score for laughing, happy days of the Pioneer Sunday League

its one the weirdest things I have ever done so surreal, however the best tale from sunday morning football was rounding the keeper on Hulton Lane jsut ready to put it away and a defender came sliding in to clear the ball off the line I put my foot on the ball and he slid through a large dog muck it was all up his side I nearly couldnt score for laughing, happy days of the Pioneer Sunday League

i was in a game where a guy got a size 5 mitre booted straight into his town halls...he crawled off the pitch,amry comando style and threw up for ten solid minutes!!

another good one,was during a usually ridiculously fought derby match versus a typical numbskull fleetwood outfit,in fleetwood,a lad got sent offafter a 20 man brawl,then got in his car and proceeded to drive it on the pitch,through the goalmouth and then ran over the referee!!

another good one,was during a usually ridiculously fought derby match versus a typical numbskull fleetwood outfit,in fleetwood,a lad got sent offafter a 20 man brawl,then got in his car and proceeded to drive it on the pitch,through the goalmouth and then ran over the referee!!

:D

These sort of stories make me miss going watching Sunday League games then getting wasted all afternoon. Being old is shit sometimes.

:D

These sort of stories make me miss going watching Sunday League games then getting wasted all afternoon. Being old is shit sometimes.

its fuckin great being old, 40 odd year olds swinging at each other then laughing about it in the boozer afterwards

big game tomorrow, season opener in the vets league so whats a good choice of grub to be fresh for the game?

Are Pete Coopers Turton Vets still going?? turned out for them a few times :pardon: :pardon:

Beans on toast is always a good pre match meal...

One funny I recall was short fat bucket man runs on pitch bucket in 1 hand first aid bag in the other as he is running across the pitch his shorts are gradually falling, culminating in him shuffling the last few yards with his black umbro shorts round his ankles, not a dry eye on or off the pitch.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

its fuckin great being old, 40 odd year olds swinging at each other then laughing about it in the boozer afterwards

i was gutted when the doctor told me id never play again....honestly nearly shed a tear.

still go down to watch my old team as much as i can.

im sure you will all have stories,but when i think to some of the rivalries we had.fuck me,id be thinking about sundays game on tuesday morning!

we used to play a team called castle garden from poulton,and honestly it was toe to toe battling for 90 minutes.real nasty stuff.but id go in the castle gardens for tea with my missus and bump into a few of them and we would have a laugh.its how it should be.

another one was when i was 14 i ran the line for my dad.the not so secret code was,when he shouted 'howisee!!' id stick my flag up no matter what.....

it was the last minute of a top of the table 6 pointer against the fleetwood cricket club,we were 2-1 up to send my old mans team top.they broke through and scored a perfectly legitimate goal,but my dad shouted 'howisee' in the build up,i put my flag up,goal disalowed!...to make things worse the squirrel went up the pitch and scored a third to send us top and eventually win the league! i got chassed across broadwater playing fields by the players little brothers and all the cars got pelted with bricks on the way out oif fleetwood!!

great days..... :thumbsup:

• Site Supporter

i was gutted when the doctor told me id never play again....honestly nearly shed a tear.

still go down to watch my old team as much as i can.

im sure you will all have stories,but when i think to some of the rivalries we had.fuck me,id be thinking about sundays game on tuesday morning!

we used to play a team called castle garden from poulton,and honestly it was toe to toe battling for 90 minutes.real nasty stuff.but id go in the castle gardens for tea with my missus and bump into a few of them and we would have a laugh.its how it should be.

another one was when i was 14 i ran the line for my dad.the not so secret code was,when he shouted 'howisee!!' id stick my flag up no matter what.....

it was the last minute of a top of the table 6 pointer against the fleetwood cricket club,we were 2-1 up to send my old mans team top.they broke through and scored a perfectly legitimate goal,but my dad shouted 'howisee' in the build up,i put my flag up,goal disalowed!...to make things worse the squirrel went up the pitch and scored a third to send us top and eventually win the league! i got chassed across broadwater playing fields by the players little brothers and all the cars got pelted with bricks on the way out oif fleetwood!!

great days..... :thumbsup:

excellent!!

I know what you mean, I was mis diagnosed with having a serious knee problem and was told by the doc that I couldnt play again I was gutted because it included all sports including cricket too. I was distraught, turns out I had gout and now im fine, :good:

• Moderators

would it not make more sense to take the swinging at each other out of it and just play football

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.