Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Memories Of Black Sunday.

i don't think i remember the 4th one

in fact, wasn't the third one a bearded fella

he's the one who dave fell out with isn't he?

then theres the one he still knocks about with who looks utterly addled

John is the one that Dave fell out with over something trivial, & in between spells of drying out, still goes to aways but with the travel club now.

Trev is the one who still goes with Dave & often looks addled ... actually he is addled through ale at a lot of games. Sound bloke though.

Dave has a slight attitude problem, & has been known to try & intimidate people with his size & appearance. One morning their group were meeting on Trinity St at the same time as our lot & Dave was playfully trying to bully one of our lads , so another one of our chaps playfully put him on his arse.

He's harmless & to be fair they're all boozers ,not louts, & alright once you know them.

I think there's another one who looks like Custer but i don"t know him.

The one who looks like Saxondale is Paul, he is a sound bloke. Dave the banker on the other hand can be a twat, i give him a Millwall brick on Sheffield station for being abusive and he reported me to the S Yorks police, i managed to wangle my way out of it.

17 at the time and remember walking from town to the king bill and thinking f*ck me. it was going of allover the place, a group of blokes (mid/late 20s) came over to me and my mates and said oy you who you lot support? bolton pal and they just walked on by, thing is some poor gits didnt even get asked they just go whacked! seen a lot of trouble at burnden as a kid and going into my teens but that day stands out for me,pure evil, everyone just seemed up for it, what a buzz tho.happy days.

Walking back up manny Road after the FA Cup exit v Oldham wasn't pretty either.

IIRC Neil Pointon's wife had just left him so got a fair bit of stick for that.

Nice bloke, terrible skin & taste in decor.

Doesn't he work at our academy now?

I don't think it's about losing at all. It kicked off prior to the Tranmere game at Wembley, not because we lost but because Tranmere are wannabe Scousers and are vermin.

Hilton Park on the way down. I think I still hate Tranmere.

I'm getting flashbacks now & Elton Welsby's entering my thoughts!

I don't think it's about losing at all. It kicked off prior to the Tranmere game at Wembley, not because we lost but because Tranmere are wannabe Scousers and are vermin.

I feel the same about Trashmere, we went to Wembley in fancy dress [don't ask], anyhow, one of our lads is not nice when Bolton lose, he went ballistic and weighed into the plastic scousers, I was listening to one of them telling a copper that he had just been twatted by Dick Turpin, soft cunt

United was nothing but evil.

Started off up Deane Road and came into town, every pub was tense, pure hatred.

I've never seen before or after so many plain old normal Bolton fans, old and young, getting stuck into the fuckers. It wasnt just last and casuals, old men were giving giving them grief and there was zero mercy to any of them in our end who celebrated. The trouble on Manny Road was like something from a warzone, lterally every man and his dog were wading into them.

One of ours got nicked and a years ban for kicking a police dog that its handler simply let off its lead. Hung about the car park for a while and saw a few of the players leaving sheepishly, cant remember who it was but they got a drunken mouthful for not even giving the cunts a kick. A humiliation like that and we didnt get one yellow card. At 4-0 we should have been hacking the fuckers to bits. I remember Paddy saying he felt sick at that, pretty sure he didnt play that game.

Finished up in the Three Pigeons and got thrown out for acting a cunt.

• Site Supporter

United was nothing but evil.

Started off up Deane Road and came into town, every pub was tense, pure hatred.

I've never seen before or after so many plain old normal Bolton fans, old and young, getting stuck into the fuckers. It wasnt just last and casuals, old men were giving giving them grief and there was zero mercy to any of them in our end who celebrated. The trouble on Manny Road was like something from a warzone, lterally every man and his dog were wading into them.

One of ours got nicked and a years ban for kicking a police dog that its handler simply let off its lead. Hung about the car park for a while and saw a few of the players leaving sheepishly, cant remember who it was but they got a drunken mouthful for not even giving the cunts a kick. A humiliation like that and we didnt get one yellow card. At 4-0 we should have been hacking the fuckers to bits. I remember Paddy saying he felt sick at that, pretty sure he didnt play that game.

Finished up in the Three Pigeons and got thrown out for acting a cunt.

• Site Supporter

I think Paddy had gone to Sheffield Utd by that time, he'd come back just to watch the game expecting us to have a go at em and was pissed off none of his "replacements" did, no idea who was in centre mid that day but Paddy wasn't happy.

In hindsight whisky chasers in cattle Market 4 hrs before the game started wasn't the best of ideas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.