Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Playing The "big 4"

Spider

• Site Supporter

Maybe it's time teams like us, Norwich, Blackburn, Wigan etc start doing what Wolves did at United a couple of years back

Play mainly a reserve squad.

Since we'll lose anyway, why not let the nippers try and snap a leg or 2?

Leave the billionaires to it and devalue what they're doing, the cunts.

Main players will then be fresh for the important matches, just have a strong bench for the big 4/5 games.

Whilst I have not expected anything from these tough 5 games I still do think we can nick points from the top 6 sides. If we had of had Liverpool and Arsenal at home and the others away I think we would have got at least a point from both games. City and United are just so far ahead of everybody this year and if they turn up like they did against us then they will punish teams. City Thrashed Spurs by 5 at White Hart Lane!

Why not go the whole hog and refuse to play Man Utd and give them the 3 points that they'd get anyway. If on the rare occasion we get a tight game with them, they just turn into bullies and cheats to manipulate the officials to get their own way which makes it virtually impossible to beat them.

Also their filthy fans wouldn't be able to infest the town and pubs. We wouldn't get wound up by their sheer presence and have to endure their obnoxious songs. Being in the same stadium as these horrible, filthy cunts makes my stomach turn.

We could all have a stress free day at the seaside instead :good: and as Spider says, devalue what they're doing.

Maybe it's time teams like us, Norwich, Blackburn, Wigan etc start doing what Wolves did at United a couple of years back

Play mainly a reserve squad.

Leave the billionaires to it and devalue what they're doing, the cunts.

Main players will then be fresh for the important matches, just have a strong bench for the big 4/5 games.

Just like we did against Sporting Lisbon. That worked didn't it.

and as Spider says, devalue what they're doing.

Would it not also devalue what we are doing? - what is the point in being in a division if we are ahppy to "not compete" for at least 8 of the games. We may as well go the whole hog and ask if we can get relegated to the Conference if you would rather we played games that won't challenge us too much

• Site Supporter

Would it not also devalue what we are doing? - what is the point in being in a division if we are ahppy to "not compete" for at least 8 of the games. We may as well go the whole hog and ask if we can get relegated to the Conference if you would rather we played games that won't challenge us too much

we are competing in a division we will never win, sometimes this is not great but its the best league to be in, financially

we are competing in a division we will never win, sometimes this is not great but its the best league to be in, financially

Maybe it is .......... for the Chumps League perennial qualifiers.

Since our debt has gone up by ?70m plus over 10 years and we're still struggling, I wouldn't like to think what a 'worst league financially' might be like.

• Site Supporter

Maybe it is .......... for the Chumps League perennial qualifiers.

Since our debt has gone up by ?70m plus over 10 years and we're still struggling, I wouldn't like to think what a 'worst league financially' might be like.

indeed thats the vicious circle that we are involved in.

how about away at Newport instead ?

Well yes, that was just plain stupid. Not sure what purpose a friendly against that standard of team serves, Everton played Birm away the same day - if we're going to play our main players in friendlies thats the type of game we should be playing not allowing part time pub players a chance to make a name for themselves by kicking a prem league player into the middle of next week

Well yes, that was just plain stupid. Not sure what purpose a friendly against that standard of team serves, Everton played Birm away the same day - if we're going to play our main players in friendlies thats the type of game we should be playing not allowing part time pub players a chance to make a name for themselves by kicking a prem league player into the middle of next week

The point was, newport & United are at opposite ends of the football spectrum, and it can happen in any game, against any opposition. But you already knew that.

Whats the answer, once we beat brum, rest the entire first XI until the semi, fail to beat West Ham, qualify for the final, rest themagain, fail to beat Arsenal, and then get relegated ?

Hindsight is wonderful, especially for those with agendas.

The point was, newport & United are at opposite ends of the football spectrum, and it can happen in any game, against any opposition. But you already knew that.

Whats the answer, once we beat brum, rest the entire first XI until the semi, fail to beat West Ham, qualify for the final, rest themagain, fail to beat Arsenal, and then get relegated ?

Hindsight is wonderful, especially for those with agendas.

Nah, be selective with it i would guess, a bit like some managers do now - man u away we're likely to lose anyway, so dont play them. Play them v west ham very winnable game.

Just like when certain champs league teams get to a semi near the end of the season they'll rest some players the weekend before - theyre doing it for the opposite reason, as theyre likely win anyway without the players, we'd be doing it for the opp reason, likely lose anyway so save them

Nah, be selective with it i would guess, a bit like some managers do now - man u away we're likely to lose anyway, so dont play them. Play them v west ham very winnable game.

Just like when certain champs league teams get to a semi near the end of the season they'll rest some players the weekend before - theyre doing it for the opposite reason, as theyre likely win anyway without the players, we'd be doing it for the opp reason, likely lose anyway so save them

So don't play our best players against the best teams?

The day we start putting out reserve teams because we see the game as unwinnable is the day I stop watching.

So don't play our best players against the best teams?

The day we start putting out reserve teams because we see the game as unwinnable is the day I stop watching.

Not always, but when youve a semi final two weeks then yeah i wouldnt play them.

Amusingly, if memory serves me right he rested Robinson in the lead up to the semi to prevent him getting banned for it - hes one i would left in with the hope he actually got banned and missed it.

Edited by tarian1979

Didn't Blackburn beat one of the "big 4" very recently?

Perhaps our squad should focus more on beating the big 4 than beating Coyle at Connect 4.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.