Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Not Taking It Seriously Enough

Why is it that players always give interviews promising to 'put things right' next time out and yet when they fail to put things right, no journalist ever asks them a follow up question at the next press conference about these promises? They might as well be saying that the moon is made of cheese for all the importance we should attach to their words.

Why is it that players always give interviews promising to 'put things right' next time out and yet when they fail to put things right, no journalist ever asks them a follow up question at the next press conference about these promises? They might as well be saying that the moon is made of cheese for all the importance we should attach to their words.

Well said. Been bugging me for ages. I don't read the 'player's view' articles any more - waste of time.

Edited by Rembrandt

• Moderators

NRC did a similar interview after the Utd game and came away unscathed

pointless being critical - damned if you do and don't with these sorts of articles

on another day he'd have been praised for being honest and not hiding or something

I want to know why the players aren't currently being competitive enough or taking things seriously, which isn't down to Knight

I want to know why our defenders seem incapable of doing the basics.

If we get outdone by skill, pace, etc, I can live with that. What I can't live with is defenders not concentrating and not staying with their man at set-pieces.

If they'd done that against Norwich then we'd be sat on 6 points now and things would be looking a whole lot better.

I want to know why our defenders seem incapable of doing the basics.

If we get outdone by skill, pace, etc, I can live with that. What I can't live with is defenders not concentrating and not staying with their man at set-pieces.

If they'd done that against Norwich then we'd be sat on 6 points now and things would be looking a whole lot better.

Cos they're shit

• Site Supporter

NRC did a similar interview after the Utd game and came away unscathed

pointless being critical - damned if you do and don't with these sorts of articles

on another day he'd have been praised for being honest and not hiding or something

I want to know why the players aren't currently being competitive enough or taking things seriously, which isn't down to Knight

correct

oh and knight has been no worse than the ?17m man.

Edited by HomerJay

Abysmal player, he doesn't take it serious enough himself, he plays his own games.

1] Launch it downfield and see how far I can kick it, try to set new record.

2] Head the ball when under no pressure into the sky, see how high I can head it, try to set new record.

3] See how many times I put the ball out for a throw-in when I could actually show some composure and pass the ball out.

4] See how many times I can get away with making no where near sliding tackles

Without his height, he'd be no use imo, sorry but, in terms of on the floor football and ability with the ball, he's one of the worst in the Prem.

• Site Supporter

Abysmal player, he doesn't take it serious enough himself, he plays his own games.

1] Launch it downfield and see how far I can kick it, try to set new record.

2] Head the ball when under no pressure into the sky, see how high I can head it, try to set new record.

3] See how many times I put the ball out for a throw-in when I could actually show some composure and pass the ball out.

4] See how many times I can get away with making no where near sliding tackles

Without his height, he'd be no use imo, sorry but, in terms of on the floor football and ability with the ball, he's one of the worst in the Prem.

even knight would admit hes not the best with the ball.

id rather him get rid than dick about with it.

somebody actually showing for the ball may help him a little.

only things that matter are his defensive duties.

which have been shit

but so have everybody elses

including those ahead of him.

youre probably too young to remember chris fairclough.

he was actually scarred of the ball.

but he defended as a proper defender.

whereas gerry taggart use to try and dribble out from defence.

sometimes worked

sometime made him look a complete cunt.

defenders need to defend 1st and foremost.

Edited by HomerJay

Guest Frandsen08

zat knight is not the worst defender in the prem. as a unit the entire back 5 have been poor this season some more than others, All knight has done has come out and held his hands up and said look we're in this position for a reason we have been shite its time to pull our socks up and start getting ugly and hard to beat , very unfair to single any individual out for our position.

zat knight is not the worst defender in the prem. as a unit the entire back 5 have been poor this season some more than others, All knight has done has come out and held his hands up and said look we're in this position for a reason we have been shite its time to pull our socks up and start getting ugly and hard to beat , very unfair to single any individual out for our position.

damn you for speaking sense

I say carry on the witch hunt

What about converting S.K.D. to a central defender now that he is getting too old to do up front???

Please tell me this was a joke?

He'd give away at least two penalties before being sent off ... in every game that he wasn't suspended for.

• Moderators

What about converting S.K.D. to a central defender now that he is getting too old to do up front???

when you say convert, you mean just play there? or teach him how to time tackles and what not?

either or, no

and thats a myth

The darts player is reet

Davies can't fucking jump for a start; he mainly wins headers when he has to move little and uses his body strength to fend off defenders

At that he is good

But that'd count for few occurences as a centre half

It's a lazy thought

• Site Supporter

Zat Knight was merely doing an old-fashioned captain's rallying call, as he is slowly but surely deposing KD as captain.

Certainly seems that way,

Fairclough and Taggart was a brilliant partenership at the back, Taggart being a proper centreback getting stuck in,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.