Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 5 Stoke 0

Ok its a bit early to think about the stoke game but here goes,stoke have got 3 games in less than 6 days, and a lot of traveling,the players owe us and them a performance and result. think the players also need to step up and show some responsibility.putting on that white shirt dos nt mean enough to them, not sure of the right team as coyle has tried just about every formation,but i think we need to get at them from the off so i would play 5 in the midfield muamba and nrc in the centre and kakuta out wide, we should be fitter than them ,at least in the second half, 2-1 to us.

Edited by Carlos

Stangely since I am rather despondent about Bolton's future at the moment, I think we will beat Stoke. Coyle does not have to do a lot to get them motivated to avenge the semi final defeat. But can he do it?

If we beat Stoke it would be a far bigger boost than the win at Wigan. It would be in fron of our fans and would lay some ghosts to rest from last seasons debacle.

I simply cannot see it though.

Stoke's big bad nasty boys will see we're there for the taking and simply bully us into submission.

I have an awful, awful feeling we could be 0-2 down early doors, heads drop, the crowd start booing/leaving and we end up getting thrashed 0-4 or 0-5. Coyle then resigns.

Hopefully not though. :thumbsup:

Trotters 2

Potters 0

Ngog and Pratley.

After a bright start by the home team with an early Ngog screamer, Stoke get on top, bullying and scrapping, like we used to do. Bolton rediscover their backbones and fight back, and the points are secured late on with a messy goal reminiscent of Benny Hills ping-pong ball.

For the first time in months Bolton fans watch MOTD and get a morning paper.

• Site Supporter

The Semi final against stoke was the catalyst for this awful run. It would be fitting if this could be the fixture that starts our revival.

No it wasn't. It was the start of the awful run. There's a difference.

I predict I'll be sat with my head inmy hands in embarrassment by 60 minutes. 0-3 :angry:

Stoke have spent money to try to cope with Europe this season. So far they've failed, but then along come Bolton ......

I can't see our lot finding the backbone to combat Stoke, unless Stoke have a really atrocious afternoon.

As said earlier, we'll probably commit suicide with another stupid red card.

0-3. And we'll be lucky to scrape 0.

Not going. Can't face another thumping. After 60 years a fan, I'm entitled.

Hope I'm wrong and OC turns them around.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.