Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 5 Stoke 0

Very lucky to have them playing tonight as well as Thursday. Get to half time 0-0 then hopefully they will be shagged second half and we can nick a late winner again like the klasnic 2-1 last year.

Get both monkeys off our back in one (home form and the Wembley no show). Failing that get leathered on the Sabbath and continue to panic!

I really hope we win, although I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet against them

Always want us to win, but we haven't changed how we are set up since the semi final.

Top tactician Tony Pulis will put 3 in central midfield and we won't see the ball.

0-2, I'm afraid.

Just cannot see it going for us on Sunday, Think Sunday will be rock bottom (lose 1-0) before we start our push for the last Europa league spot. WBA away is the game when we will begin the fight back IMO. ?15 tickets and Free travel, you are 100% dogshit fan if you do not go to WBA.

Even though there are no excuses for Bolton losing this many games since the 5-0 loss at Wembley, if there's any hope that we won't get relegated and if there's any way to stop the rot, then this is the game that could be a turning point, a closure to this nightmare.

It's Stoke again for the first time, if the players have been playing and losing with an excuse of 'not got over Wembley yet' to hide the fact that they're actually just average without Lee, Holden, Sturridge etc then this game won't change anything, if however they are indeed ready to fight, ready to show some heart, some passion, ready to bury the memory, then this game could be a chance of salvation, a chance to put the past behind us, show that game was a one off, show Bolton can come good, show you care for this clubs existence, show your manager you deserve to play, deserve a contract, deserve being watched by fans ... earn applause. earn respect, earn hope of survival.

Erase the memory, let this be closure, no excuses, it's now or never.

Ok I will spell it out for you. Will beating Stoke turn our season round or will it be a false dawn like beating Wigan appears to have been?

If we beat Stoke and then lose at WBA and at home to Everton than we're back in the brown stuff.

Thanks for spelling it out for me. :drinks:

.. although not sure any of us will know the answer until we've played West Brom. In the meantime let's just hope we can get the 3 points on Sunday.

Edited by DazBobParr

Ahead of tonight Stoke have only scored 7 goals in 9 Prem games.

And with it being their 3rd game in 6 days (next Sunday) if theres a good time to play them then this is it.

Not happy about Webb reffing it though. We're playing like a bunch of pansies at the moment and he seems to let too much go (apart from slight forward movements of the head unfortunately).

We've just got to win this one against an average Stoke team that will be playing their 3rd match in 6days including a 2x5hr flights. If the crowd get behind the team and actually support the players I'm sure we will win. If the players get stick right from the kick off then i'm not so sure.

No doubt Stoke fans will be well up for it after the unmentionable so we've got to back the lads. =D> =D> =D>

Coyle needs to tell the team to fly out the traps early against Stoke and put them under pressure. We need to attack from the off and put them under the kosh and if they arent feeling 100% they will cave in. If we sit back and let them get something to hold onto it will be much harder. This is basic management but i still dont think Coyle will do it. If he doesnt get a win against a team who is playing their 3rd game in 7 days he really isnt up to it (i already have serious doubts).

Ok I will spell it out for you. Will beating Stoke turn our season round or will it be a false dawn like beating Wigan appears to have been?

If we beat Stoke and then lose at WBA and at home to Everton than we're back in the brown stuff.

One step at a time, lets just beat stoke first

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.