Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 5 Stoke 0

Where did that cone from!

Mamba awesome worked so well with NRC who also looked better all round today. mavis, eagles, skd and classic all brilliant today.

Special mention for Joe Riley he likes a tackle and can cross the ball too.

Seem to have finally found a workable formation but what a contrast?

Stoke were and are horrible antifootball

Where did that cone from!

Mamba awesome worked so well with NRC who also looked better all round today. mavis, eagles, skd and klasnic all brilliant today. Loved Klanic speed of thought for our first, quality of strike for his 1st goal and the great flick just before he went off. My MOM fabric muamba

Special mention for Joe Riley he likes a tackle and can cross the ball too.

Seem to have finally found a workable formation but what a contrast?

Stoke were and are horrible antifootball

Great display

We got up them, pressured them and had quality with the ball

Klasnic and SKD kept possession well and the link play was excellend

Reo Coker ran his knackers off but Muamba made a huge difference, he plugged that gap marvellously and his passing was fine if not his shooting :D

I've been saying Mavies on the right for months to being balance and it worked brilliantly today

Wheater and Cahill solid

Eagles; class. He's a very talented lad but he's only produced 2 good performances against non normal fullbacks in Huth and the lad at Wigan. So he needs to show more consistency before folk start saying he's there

• Moderators

brilliant, today

got muamba in...big tick there mr darby

finally tried davies wide right...big tick there mr darby

got petrov out, and eagles had one of those days he will have from time to time

very good effort

they were poor and probably tired

they needed beating though and by fcuk we beat them

riley..a marvellous start - he'll have harder games but if thats a taster, i like what i see

Positives:

Everything

Negatives:

Someone will find some. I can't.

A genuine mention to Howard Webb - spot on throughout the game.

The only negative for me was robinson, his passing was awful and was a yard off pace

we know hes shit so will let him off til january

On the plus side, Joe Riley had a fuckin great game closely followed by muamba

Absolutly fantastic!

Huth was there for the taking today, complete shite as a full back. Well done Eagles for taking advantage.

SKD up top gave us a strong first line of defence that put the pressure on the Stoke back line.

Well done OC for going with SKD and Klasnic, called it bang on as he did with NRC and Muamber as a centre 2.

What a performance from Riley, just what we needed.

Put Wembley and the poor run thats come off the back of it to bed now.

2700 tickets for WBA away, ?15 AND FREE TRAVEL, lets fill the fucker and get two wins on the spin.

Considering the pressure we must have been under pre match that was a fantastic performance, sure stoke were poor after their travels but we were commited through out ,am sure rileys performance energised the rest of the team, may be a master stroke from coyle. well done whites but we will have nothing to moan about for the next two weeks. :yahoo:

what did he say?

1st goal being controversial was irrelevant, they werent at the races, they were second to everything, not good enough etc.....

He also looks much better in a suit. That touchline trackie and cap combo makes him look like a playground predator.

what did he say?

Asked about the back pass, he said basically'Never mind the back pass, never mind the referee we weren't good enough by a long way'.

Was refreshing. Almost made me regret abusing him during the match. Almost.

:drinks:

We were spot on today,not gonna critisize anyone.All the talk about Owen not knowing who his best team is,well he certainly got it right today.Whatever he said to the team/threatened them with/made them eat/drink or injected them with I hope he does the same for the rest of the season.Not been that proud for a long while.Beltin' atmosphere today.COYWM!!!!

The only negative for me was robinson, his passing was awful and was a yard off pace

we know hes shit so will let him off til january

On the plus side, Joe Riley had a fuckin great game closely followed by muamba

Robinson was our poorest performer but did better the longer the game went on. Set up the crucial third, played a couple of very good balls and won some decent possession.

Joe Riley was immense at right back, tackles, positional play and excellent crossing.

Muamba showed what we've been missing in the middle of the park and Cahill had his best game of the season.

The perfect revenge, and it could easily have been more.

Only poor player was Robinson, though he improved 2nd half and assisted Klasnic.

Apart from a few balls down the line in the 1st half to no one, Riley was immense, that ball across the box deserved to put in by Tuncay.

Eagles was just on fire, ripped them apart, his performance deserved a hat-trick, that first goal is contender for goal of the month, 1st goal was a bit fortunate, but if you're that shite that you can't kick proper then you deserve to get punished and your pass deemed a pass back, great thinking from Klasnic, but shocking goalkeeping.

M.Davies is our best ball player available, must have had at least 95% pass completion and he brought out the fancy flicks, K.Davies best game for a while, Cahill and especially Wheater were unstoppable NRC and Muamba worked hard and played great, only negative was Muamba's finishing, had acres of space after a nice move, free in the middle of the box, messed up his control, but did give it to M.Davies who's shot was blocked, and then Muamba missed the 1 on 1 which would have been 6-0, a couple of wayward shots also.

If that can't get us back on track and put the 5-0 Wembley defeat to bed, then nothing will.

By christ i did not see that coming - terrific performance but baby steps people we have got to string 2, 3 & 4 performances together now and hopefully get a settled side - every single player earned the shirt for next week, I'd take a nil nil at the hawthorns now definately. Credit to Muamba he showed coyle exactly what we've been missing today.

But Jo Riley made my afternoon what a terrific performance from one of ours - neat and tidy in possession, read it well covered great, hard in the tackle and stood up to the physical test of walters and going forward offered an outlet with an end product 2 or 3 terrific crosses what a refreshing change to see a full back in a white shirt hurting the opposition both in defence and attack and not just sat doing their best not to fuck up - his parents and him should be very very proud tonight what a debut long may that continue - nice touch from Coyle to take him off to get an ovation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.