Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Winterizing A Caravan

It amazes me what people ask on WW.

Typing the same into Google will probably bring up a perfect answer from the Caravan Club in milli-seconds.

But seeing you ask, my answer would be to keep it nice and warm over the cold winter months by burning it. That'll get rid of one menace from the roads next summer!

Typing the same into Google will probably bring up a perfect answer from the Caravan Club in milli-seconds.

But seeing you ask, my answer would be to keep it nice and warm over the cold winter months by burning it. That'll get rid of one menace from the roads next summer!

Given he's winterising it or whatever there's a chance it may be one of those static things so perhaps that's not needed

Indeed, a +1 from me also.

In fact, why not set fire to it on Saturday night and invite friends and family round, set off some fireworks, stick some spuds into the fire in tin foil, etc, etc.

Killing two birds with one stone innit. :thumbsup:

Edited by DazBobParr

I have googled it and got some info. But I thought I'd tap into the wealth and knowledge that WW provides.

FWIW it's my mums van not mine and it is a static. If it was up to me I would set the thing on fire.

Thanks for your kind words

I have googled it and got some info. But I thought I'd tap into the wealth and knowledge that WW provides.

FWIW it's my mums van not mine and it is a static. If it was up to me I would set the thing on fire.

Thanks for your kind words

These threads are superb though. Some of the best piss taking fuckers ive ever come accross are on this site :thumbsup:

I was also hoodwinked into a spending a week in one of these glorified skips with windows. It was invariably pissing it down when it was time for my morning evacuation/ablutions (or shit,shower and shave - just in case AthyWhite1958 happens to be reading).

The toilet/shower 'block' (see, they even sound like death camps) was miles away and, as I've said, it pissed it down every morning. There was a shower and 'chemical' toilet in our tin box and every morning, before I set off to the 'block', one of the other lads - whose bed doubled as our dining table, which was nice when he was farting like a King all night, would always say:

"Why don't you just use the toilet/shower in here?"

to which I I would reply

"I'm not shitting in a bucket..."

My Mum and Dad used to own one (a static caravan) in their retirement, before they died. They used to make frequent threats to sell up their nice, real, made of bricks house and live at the site for the 'season' (Mid March to Mid October I think) and live at a B+B/Dosshouse the rest of the year...I used to piss on their parade whenever they mentioned this harebrained scheme by saying:

"So you've decided, in your sixties, after working all your life to buy a nice (fairly) big house in a good area - to give it all up and become Pikeys? well good luck to t y'all, I'll get you some lucky heather and vouchers for Elizabeth Duke as a going away present."

I was such a good, supportive son :pardon:

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I was also hoodwinked into a spending a week in one of these glorified skips with windows. It was invariably pissing it down when it was time for my morning evacuation/ablutions (or shit,shower and shave - just in case AthyWhite1958 happens to be reading). The toilet/shower 'block' (see, they even sound like death camps) was miles away and, as I've said, it pissed it down every morning. There was a shower and 'chemical' toilet in our tin box and every morning, before I set off to the 'block', one of the other lads - whose bed doubled as our dining table, which was nice when he was farting like a King all night, would always say:

"Why don't you just use the toilet/shower in here?"

to which I I would reply

"I'm not shitting in a bucket..."

My Mum and Dad used to own one (a static caravan) in their retirement, before they died. They used to make frequent threats to sell up their nice, real, made of bricks house and live at the site for the 'season' (Mid March to Mid October I think) and live at a B+B/Dosshouse the rest of the year...I used to piss on their parade whenever they mentioned this harebrained scheme by saying:

"So you've decided, in your sixties, after working all your life to buy a nice (fairly) big house in a good area - to give it all up and become Pikeys? well good luck to t y'all, I'll get you some lucky heather and vouchers for Elizabeth Duke as a going away present."

I was such a good, supportive son :pardon:

WTF has it got to do with me? :pardon:

WTF has it got to do with me? :pardon:

Oh go on then, I'll bite...I used both 'evacuation/ablutions' and then 'shit,shower and shave' for your benefit, because, as you full well know, I

...feel the need to use MASSIVE LONG words,you seem to do it with great regularity, does it make you feel clever?

athywhite1958 Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

I hope you get a few more in your keepnet today...

:tongue:

Unsure if it`s a static or a tourer.

We had a tourer which was sited on a site south of Wrexham close to Bangor on Dee racecourse. Spent many great weekends down there, easy to travel back for home games.

A brewery was on site there and made some fantastic ales, that`s what persuaded me to site it there.

As for winter storage, make sure all water is well drained, remove cassette bog and and leave those crystals in a bowl, these collect the dampness that lingers during the winter months. By doing this your van will remain free from must and mildew. Roll on Summer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.