Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stokes Following

jazza

Guest bwfcdan

You mean the one that kicked off at 6pm? No idea what your point is though.

Less than 10,000 in the Bolton end last time we were in the UEFA. It happened, end of.

To be fair, the thread wasnt started to discuss home crowds, we know for most UEFA cup games, our home gates were shit. But the fans more than made up for it away in Europe.

Expensive ???? try getting there from L.A. or Perth well done to the 100% club,,,,employers around the world just don't understand Bolton passion...only made it to Munich and Madrid as did Bolty....that Munich game was quite possibly our greatest away game ever...pissing freezing rain and we had the time of our lives...as for Madrid I will never visit that country again because of them cowardly twats hiding behind a uniform

So to sum up, we had shite home support, unless it was dirt cheap, because people weren't that interested. Our away support was top draw because we've got our fair share of pisscans and notrights. Sounds about right.

• Moderators

They were the times of our lives, reward for those losing trips to Springfield Park and Gigg Lane.

Kamenitza, Efes, Super Bock, Leffe and Le Co-op Lager, Skopsko, Augustiner, Belgrade bombers, San Miguel and Super Bock once again, thanks for the memories.

They were the times of our lives, reward for those losing trips to Springfield Park and Gigg Lane.

Kamenitza, Efes, Super Bock, Leffe and Le Co-op Lager, Skopsko, Augustiner, Belgrade bombers, San Miguel and Super Bock once again, thanks for the memories.

Or in my case lack of memories of each our trips :drinks:

• Moderators

So to sum up, we had shite home support, unless it was dirt cheap, because people weren't that interested. Our away support was top draw because we've got our fair share of pisscans and notrights. Sounds about right.

and for some reason some folk get offended to suggest another team might have more fans turn up than we did, home or away, when in fact unless you were there yourself, it really don't matter

went to Plovdiv, Marseille, Munich & Madrid miself

but am really not arsed that Stoke took "only" 250 fans to Israel, fair fucks to them that did

Edited by ZicoKelly

aaah belgrade bombers, mothers milk

we took that place haha

remember that train ride from nuremburg to prague and it was boiling hot on that train and it stopped at that thing they called a station, I jumped off chucked a load of coin at the women in a kiosk and emptied the fridge of beer, just made it back on as the train was pulling away cos Mr H held the doors open, that was squeeky bum time, didnt fancy being stuck in the middle of the czech republic. that women made a months worth of wages in a split second haha

You mean the one that kicked off at 6pm? No idea what your point is though.

Less than 10,000 in the Bolton end last time we were in the UEFA. It happened, end of.

I would have thought the point was obvious even to you. Letting people in for free is still no guarantee of a full house in the early rounds of that competition but we still managed to get a couple of decent attendances.

As the heading topic is stokes following they have sold out the bottom tier for Sunday - 1600.

Would imagine 2000 will come.

If people cast their mind back to Jan, when we were doing well and our following down at the britannia. It was Saturday 3pm.

It was pathetic

aaah belgrade bombers, mothers milk

we took that place haha

remember that train ride from nuremburg to prague and it was boiling hot on that train and it stopped at that thing they called a station, I jumped off chucked a load of coin at the women in a kiosk and emptied the fridge of beer, just made it back on as the train was pulling away cos Mr H held the doors open, that was squeeky bum time, didnt fancy being stuck in the middle of the czech republic. that women made a months worth of wages in a split second haha

Great trip.

They young lesbo's....hmmmm...grrrr....!!!

• Moderators

I would have thought the point was obvious even to you. Letting people in for free is still no guarantee of a full house in the early rounds of that competition but we still managed to get a couple of decent attendances.

In the latter rounds (against "glamour" opposition), when we got a load of kids in at half-term. Brilliant.

Also, I think the Blackburn fans were protesting about the early kick off by boycotting it, from memories of the "legends" on Century phone-in.

If you are going to get smarmy, it might be best to have an argument that's not full of holes.

Desperado's on draught in Marseille, fuck me my head hurt the day after.

my favorite memory was in munich and snapping out of my intoxicated state at 6am and finding myself in a mad back street hard electro club full of mad germans sweating their tits off,with no shirts on and bottles of water,with a woman on stage playing one of them funny shaped guitars with piano keys on it from the 80's.i was still in my big coat with a can of lager in my hand!..

when i left,i had no idea of how to get back to my hotel,i just had the hotels card.i went into an office block where i could see an early morning cleaner mopping the reception,i waved my card in here face and she chased me out with her mop,prodding me like i was some wild animal! i managed to get these buisness type fellas that spoke broken english to get me a cab on one of theirs phone...arrived back at my hotel and then had tell the driver that simply,i didnt have any money!! haha....he kind of knew it was a lost cause and just said 'get out'!

my favorite memory was in munich and snapping out of my intoxicated state at 6am and finding myself in a mad back street hard electro club full of mad germans sweating their tits off,with no shirts on and bottles of water,with a woman on stage playing one of them funny shaped guitars with piano keys on it from the 80's.i was still in my big coat with a can of lager in my hand!..

when i left,i had no idea of how to get back to my hotel,i just had the hotels card.i went into an office block where i could see an early morning cleaner mopping the reception,i waved my card in here face and she chased me out with her mop,prodding me like i was some wild animal! i managed to get these buisness type fellas that spoke broken english to get me a cab on one of theirs phone...arrived back at my hotel and then had tell the driver that simply,i didnt have any money!! haha....he kind of knew it was a lost cause and just said 'get out'!

you knocking about blackpool tomorrow

i always remember a scouser who had followed the murderers everywhere...he said you had three categories of fan....

the fan who does home games

the fan who does aways

and the fan who does the european aways...these are the fans that are the most passionate and are usually the ones that will follow the team come what may....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.