Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Man Of The Match

Walkden26

Man of the Match  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought there was 11 today but who do you think should have been given it today?

I see why Eagles got it but for me it should have been Klasnic. Two great finishes, fantastic brain to create the first and slipped Eagles in for his second. He has come in for a bit of jip recently but when he plays like that I think he is one of the best strikers in this league!

For me Mark Davies makes a difference when he starts. He gives that forward thrust you need and also gives the team something to work with. Although not outstanding today he gave them Stokies a lot to think about and that freed up Eagles & Klasnic.

He is a quality and underused player. Loved it today in the corner when he held the ball and the Stoke players couldn't get near him.

Riley was outstanding today and I think OC's decision to give him the chance of a standing ovation was a great piece of management. The lad done good.

I thought that also, can imagine will only give him great confidence. Just hope he keeps his feet on the ground and keeps working hard.

Eagles followed by Klasnic, then Riley, then M.Davies.

So many could have got MOM, Wheater was colossal as was NRC and Muamba, Muamba may have run Eagles close, if it wasn't for the amount of chances he missed.

If there's any change to that team today, then it will only be Gardner back in for Robinson.

We looked like we had a captain today, hope K.Davies can keep that up, the goal was a gift, but it was his overall attitude and passion, I thought Walters kept deceiving the ref, going down when Kev never touched him.

Edited by Didledee

Eagles followed by Klasnic, then Riley, then M.Davies.

So many could have got MOM, Wheater was colossal as was NRC and Muamba, Muamba may have run Eagles close, if it wasn't for the amount of chances he missed.

If there's any change to that team today, then it will only be Gardner back in for Robinson.

We looked like we had a captain today, hope K.Davies can keep that up, the goal was a gift, but it was his overall attitude and passion, I thought Walters kept deceiving the ref, going down when Kev never touched him.

Because he is a scouse thieving cheating fucker, you can take the boy out of Liverpool..........

I think the fact that we're having this discussion is the best indication of a job well done by the entire team.

Both centre backs did well, heavily assisted by the two central midfields, which allowed the wingers to assist the attackers. I think Coyle needs to realise now that THIS is how we incorporate his wingers and his 4-4-2, with two solid central midfielders.

For what it's worth, I do think Eagles slightly edged it.

Snoopy

It's funny you've mentioned the wingers alot there

I think a big difference yesterday was that they played like wide 'midfielders' rather than out and out wingers

They were up and back so Robbo and Riley weren't exposed as much as in recent weeks....they both did really well and it also meant Muamba and NRC weren't swamped

In fact we defended well all over the pitch; the pressing from up top was much better too, even klasnic had a go!

I went with Muamba, we have missed his energy for most of the season which is a mystery (unless Coyle felt that he looked tired because he has played through the last 2 summers and felt he needed a break) A special mention to David Wheater who finally looked like the player I thought we had bought he was solid agressive and looked the most dominant of the 2 Centre Halfs, if Cahill did stay they could make into a ery useful pairing.

Many choices could have got man of match for me.

Muamba did exactly what we have needed in protecting the back four, I am puzzled he has been left out for so long. And great play by Eagles, not jsut for his goals and attacking play but he helped Paul Robinson out massively, something that needs to be done when Robinson is faced with a speedy winger.

Klasnic for his quick thinking in the first goal

Not sure about MOM but i think credit has to be given to Reo-Coker, thought he was excellent in work rate yesterday.

Its nice to have this choice for once in a while i have to say.

for me, i thought riley should have been man of the match. he showed his ability to be solid, strong, not give up on a loose ball, he looked decent going forward, allowing mark davis to press up the pitch a bit further, he put in some decent crosses, was unlucky not to score, and was unlucky not to have an assist. his standing ovation was deserved first game or 100th game.

i can see why eagles was man of the match though and i have no complaints with him being awarded it. becuase of eagles, robinson had a decent game. if it was petrov infront of robinson, and eagles on the right wing, it could well have been a different storey.

I hope owen coyle starts with the same team against WBA, they all deserve their chance to show it wasnt a one off, and will all have another point to prove.

Thought Wheater and Cahill were solid - nothing got past them either on the deck or in the air, which makes a nice change from their shite performances thus far.

Muamba was his usual self, dire on the ball but amazing otherwise.

Reo Coker had his best game for us.

Davies was like Davies of old.

Riley got stuck in well and attacked with intent.

M Davies was fairly anonymous, but then he always is.

Klasnic =D>

• Site Supporter

I don't care if Muamba takes out every window in the car park as long as he keeps breaking down attacks and booting it away from danger.

He HAS to play every game.

We've got plenty other players who can create around him.