Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Man Of The Match

Walkden26

Man of the Match  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Muamba by a mile and a half.

Turned a paper thin midfield into one that can win a game.

He broke up stoke play well on many occasions,it's just what we needed,takes loads of pressure off the back four. Hope he keeps it up if picked man of match for me.

To me, the man of the match has to be between Eagles and Muamba. I think people are screaming Muamba more because we've been pining for him to play regularly since the start of the season and yesterday showed us how much more solid we are with him in the midfield.

That said, I'm not convinced that he had a "man of the match" performance, whereas Eagles did. The Stoke defence visibly sh*t themselves every time he was on the ball.

Also, Riley. I think he had a solid game, but he wasn't outstanding. He did one or two brilliant things, but other than that was solid. Again, I think people are raving about him because our fullbacks have been so dire for so long. He's a good 'un in the making, but let's not bump him up too fast - we don't want another Superstar DJ on the books.

The MOM for me was Klasnic. His quick thinking which led to the first goal gave us a platform to build on plus he chipped in with a couple of goals.

• Site Supporter

Iirc his newborn child has been pretty ill.

Perhaps his absence had more to do with that than Coyle just not wanting to play him.

im hope this was the reason.

also hope his kid is better now

• Moderators

Iirc his newborn child has been pretty ill.

while its possible coyle has been covering something up, far from impossible...

i'd say his selection at arsenal in the league cup then disappearance for the next game

his selection at villa then not for the next game

coyles interview post wigan when he said muamaba 'didn't deserve a place in the squad'

would suggest coyke was getting it wrong and finally saw the fcuking light

while its possible coyle has been covering something up, far from impossible...

i'd say his selection at arsenal in the league cup then disappearance for the next game

his selection at villa then not for the next game

coyles interview post wigan when he said muamaba 'didn't deserve a place in the squad'

would suggest coyke was getting it wrong and finally saw the fcuking light

Very true!

Coyle obviously saw something to think he didn't deserve a place. Have to be honest though for me Muamba looks poor in more games than he looks good - lets hope this is the start of a consistent run of form.

Muamba was excellent, but I can imagine him getting a lot of stick if it wasn't for our 5 goals, he had more chances than the whole team have managed in previous games, good at what he does, but poor at what he can't, though he has managed 2 goals this season, which already is a progression for him.

Muamba was excellent, but I can imagine him getting a lot of stick if it wasn't for our 5 goals, he had more chances than the whole team have managed in previous games, good at what he does, but poor at what he can't, though he has managed 2 goals this season, which already is a progression for him.

I seem to remember someone having a pop at you over the summer for having the temerity to suggest muamba would reach the heady hights of scoring 2 goals.

• Moderators

he was fine in front of goal

made the keeper do his stuff

there was the one which looked like a sitter - the one time i saw it on the highlights, it looked like the ball was a little behind him

he was fine in front of goal

made the keeper do his stuff

there was the one which looked like a sitter - the one time i saw it on the highlights, it looked like the ball was a little behind him

Was funny as fuck when he had that one-on-one at 5-0 and a fellow WW poster was screaming, "Miss it you bastard" as he had us to win 5-0 at 100-1 odds. :rofl: