Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spurs 3 Wanderers 0

Guest bwfcdan

So you think the decision by Attwell was a good one?

And you think Coyle was right to bring back Zat Knight?

Your a donkey

First of all, I'm not a donkey.

Second, the decision by Atwell wasn't good, but if everyone who made a mistake got fired, none of us would have jobs.

Thirdly, Coyle was right to bring back Zat Knight. Steinsson had not trained all week, Boyata was set to play fullback but got injured in the lead up to the game. So he had three options:

1 - Robbo, Wheater, Cahill, Steinsson

2 - Robbo, Wheater, Cahill, Knight

3 - Robbo, Knight, Cahill, Wheater

Bearing in mind Steinsson hadn't trained all week and (by all accounts) is almost getting fitted for a straight jacket, you're left with option 2 or 3. I know which one I'd rather have.

First of all, I'm not a donkey.

Second, the decision by Atwell wasn't good, but if everyone who made a mistake got fired, none of us would have jobs.

Thirdly, Coyle was right to bring back Zat Knight. Steinsson had not trained all week, Boyata was set to play fullback but got injured in the lead up to the game. So he had three options:

1 - Robbo, Wheater, Cahill, Steinsson

2 - Robbo, Wheater, Cahill, Knight

3 - Robbo, Knight, Cahill, Wheater

Bearing in mind Steinsson hadn't trained all week and (by all accounts) is almost getting fitted for a straight jacket, you're left with option 2 or 3. I know which one I'd rather have.

this is you...

220px-Burrito_de_p%C3%A1ramo_(P%C3%A1ramo_baby_donkey).jpg

Apart from Atwell's harsh decision, what the fook did Cahill think he was doing in the first place ?

Oh, and making the best of the players you have is not about spending squillions of pounds - not even the ?40m GM is supposed to have spent. It's about organisation, hard work on the training ground, having plans B & C, knowing when to change things for the better, and above all else - heart & fight. And if a manager achieves all that and the team are still losing, then maybe it's about money.

Just home from Spurs & too drunk to go into detail, but it's getting boring being laughed at by home fans. It's also boring seeing the same things being repeated - for example it's as if Coyle can hardly wait to take Muamba off, even though it never improves us.

Something that stood out today though, was the lack of emotion from the handful of Bolton fans who did turn up.

Most drifted off quietly well before the end & it feels as though everyone has just given up hope but don't want to have a pop at Coyle.

Never a sending off in a million years. The FA wont take back the red though as that Atwell is their super dooper blue eyed boy.

Regardless of the sending off, what I saw today concerned me massively. Conceding once from a corner is bad enough, but TWICE? Thats embarrasing. What do they practice in training during the week? From the looks of things it aint corners. When we go down to ten men what is going on with the tactics? Why drop K.Davies back into midfield? Why play Klasnic up front on his own? He isn't well known for working his socks off as it is, he's the last player we need on the pitch when we're down to ten. Why take Muamba off against a team with their attacking threat? Why start 4-4-2, we're just playing into their hands? 4-5-1, pack the midfield. All the above are the responsibilty of the man in charge. And for that reason, it's time for Owen to step aside.

One thing that was very worrying in the second half was how the players just didn't seem to care. One of our players would get the ball, get closed down and no one was showing for him. Everyone in a black shirt was just strolling around the pitch, not giving the man in possesion an option.

Oh and another thing, why stop selling beer at half time?! Mard bastards!

• Site Supporter

Regarding this muamba sub, I can see what he was trying to do, take off the worst "footballer" to enable and move mavies into the to retain Posession. Also he wants to keep the captain on and our only goal threat in klasnic.

Now I know it easy in hindsight but for me it has to be klasnic off, then possibly ngog in for Davies at half time.

That keeps a bit of steel in midfield at the very least.

After a man off so early, surely that was just about stopping a landslide rather than going for an equaliser?

I'd be interested to see who plays front post without klasnic and if we concede those 2 goals

Like I say though, easy in hindsight

Apart from Atwell's harsh decision, what the fook did Cahill think he was doing in the first place ?

Oh, and making the best of the players you have is not about spending squillions of pounds - not even the ?40m GM is supposed to have spent. It's about organisation, hard work on the training ground, having plans B & C, knowing when to change things for the better, and above all else - heart & fight. And if a manager achieves all that and the team are still losing, then maybe it's about money.

I agrre entirely with that, well put :good:

Regarding this muamba sub, I can see what he was trying to do, take off the worst "footballer" to enable and move mavies into the to retain Posession. Also he wants to keep the captain on and our only goal threat in klasnic.

Now I know it easy in hindsight but for me it has to be klasnic off, then possibly ngog in for Davies at half time.

That keeps a bit of steel in midfield at the very least.

After a man off so early, surely that was just about stopping a landslide rather than going for an equaliser?

I'd be interested to see who plays front post without klasnic and if we concede those 2 goals

Like I say though, easy in hindsight

sorry homer, but you are trying to justify something totally flawed, it has been clear for months that OCs in flexability to change formation against teams who simply have better players than us does not work, our record against the top teams shows this.

so his original selection was wrong, it is what he does but it dies not work

then we lose a man,we are already struggling to stop them playing and we take off someone who can break up play.

your logic ignores the fact that for last 2 weeks his change ends up with KD playing right side of midfield, something he struggles to do.

i think klasnic works harder than people give him credit for, but when down to 10 the first job is damage limitation and then nick something maybe from a set piece, we were flattered by the 3 - 0 scoreline,

week in week out OC makes substitutions and we look weaker after them, i know we have a limited squad but OC swaps like for like and seems incapable/unwilling to change things, it is depressing to watch

sorry homer, but you are trying to justify something totally flawed, it has been clear for months that OCs in flexability to change formation against teams who simply have better players than us does not work, our record against the top teams shows this.

so his original selection was wrong, it is what he does but it dies not work

then we lose a man,we are already struggling to stop them playing and we take off someone who can break up play.

your logic ignores the fact that for last 2 weeks his change ends up with KD playing right side of midfield, something he struggles to do.

i think klasnic works harder than people give him credit for, but when down to 10 the first job is damage limitation and then nick something maybe from a set piece, we were flattered by the 3 - 0 scoreline,

week in week out OC makes substitutions and we look weaker after them, i know we have a limited squad but OC swaps like for like and seems incapable/unwilling to change things, it is depressing to watch

Ani all that is spot on mate.

95 times out of 100 it would have been a yellow and nobody would have batted an eyelid.

That said, does anyone really think Zat Knight would have got across?

Not in the memory of man.

When I saw MotD, my first thought (as I've said elsewhere) was : what the fook did Cahill think he was doing trying to play football (badly) in that situation ?

The sending off was harsh but not a disgrace, Gartside can use it to paper over the cracks by gobbing off in the media all he likes. He should instead be watching Robinson getting his arse reemed by Lennon time and time again and think how he is going to replace a team half full of Championship players in January.

Edited by HR

That said, does anyone really think Zat Knight would have got across?

Not in the memory of man.

bollocks, course he would. Knight is shit but essentially he's not sluggish and has to cover arguably less ground than Parker who is by the touchline and who is also carrying the ball.

The sending off was harsh but not a disgrace, Gartside can use it to paper over the cracks by gobbing off in the media all he likes. He should instead be watching Robinson getting his arse reemed by Lennon time and time again and think how he is going to replace a team half full of Championship players in January.

gartside don't care, look at his twitter, he is telling fans to get a life

Don't understand this pulling everybody back for corners & if you do make sure they do there job. Klasnic at fault for two Spuds goals, lost Gareth Bale twice.

Onto the stats when Cahill went we'd had 5 shots on target to the Spuds 4. But for the shite marking mentioned earlier we were in the game at 0-1 more than I thought we'd be. Thought we'd get dicked & predicted Atwell would send off a Bolton player. That's the second time he's sent off Cahill & the second time he's made a horrendously bad decision. Least this time it should be overturned & we'll have Cahill available for the Villa game.

On the corners thing, I mentioned it further up the thread, but the most unbelievable thing is that everyone is back and yet nobody is on the front post....klasnic isn't, he's square on to the touchline

If someone is touch tight to the near post, jussi is over another 2-3 yards centrally and he saves it

Fucking basic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.