Fa Cup 3Rd Round

Rembrandt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=74377

Likely to a sell out?

Time to start thInking positive about the replay. They are clearly a decent side, but we're a different prospect at home. They'll be the ones with the hardy handful of fans backing them this time.

I think he'll be in for a surprise if they get through. I reckon we'll take the full allocation and more.

He was talking about Chelmsford

http://chelmsfordcitysoapbox84887.yuku.com/topic/12309/Bolton-at-home#.TtyoORzr_nc

'Four time F A Cup winners. I'll take that. A club with a good history. Come on you City Boys!'

The excitement on their fans forums remind me of when we were in the lower leagues and the Third Round F.A. Cup draw was the highlight of the season. I remember drawing Sunderland at home once and even though they weren't the biggest draw we could have had, it seemed like it at the time because we'd been out of the big time for so long.

Our first game at Macc (v Chester )was a laugh, with a big group of whites arriving by train at opening time & straight into the pubs across the road.We'd just settled down in the big pub bang facing the station in time to get a good view of all the police, police vans, police dogs arriving to meet the next train.......& one dad & his lad got off.

They stood around looking confused for a while, until they noticed the pubs were heaving & the penny dropped that they'd met the wrong train. As it went ,there wasn't a hint of trouble,& i think a few gave the match a miss.

I'm hoping it's Chelmsford 'cos it's a place i've never been to, but Macc would still be a good day out.

Our first game at Macc (v Chester )was a laugh, with a big group of whites arriving by train at opening time & straight into the pubs across the road.We'd just settled down in the big pub bang facing the station in time to get a good view of all the police, police vans, police dogs arriving to meet the next train.......& one dad & his lad got off.

They stood around looking confused for a while, until they noticed the pubs were heaving & the penny dropped that they'd met the wrong train. As it went ,there wasn't a hint of trouble,& i think a few gave the match a miss.

I'm hoping it's Chelmsford 'cos it's a place i've never been to, but Macc would still be a good day out.

I remember getting out of the station & there was a coach there waiting.

We all piled on thinking they'd sorted us a lift up th'ill. Until a copper got on and said 'get off you cheeky c**ts this is for the Police'.

Guest bwfcdan

Find out tonight who we'll be playing. Can't be arsed trecking down to Chelmsford so come on the Macc.

For those sad enough it's on 5 live Sports Extra.