Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

If Coyle Was To Go

royal white

From what gartside has said there I am convined he will not be sacked even if we get relegated.

Interpreting what Garty has said we used to have a formula of play and player recruitment that worked under Allardyce and was successful beyond our wildest dreams.

That formula is no longer workable financially and they would like more free flowing football - whether we like it or not we have to returned to being low spenders on salaries and transfers and we need to look at loans and the academy for success - being a yo yo club will be seen as success, we are capable of competing at the bottom end of the prem top end of championship.

In his eyes with a full squad coyle can win games in the prem.

I was so pissed off on saturday BUT it's time to smell the coffee our bubble has burst but we're a long way from plummeting off the face of the earth - why would Davies and Gartside not have a plan b financially they're not dodgy russian oligarchs - they love the club no question and have a track record of good financial management if Eddie wants to put ?100m in and get ?70m back thats up to him.

Rightly or wrongly thats why he wont get sacked

Guest pansyroadwhite

From what gartside has said there I am convined he will not be sacked even if we get relegated.

Interpreting what Garty has said we used to have a formula of play and player recruitment that worked under Allardyce and was successful beyond our wildest dreams.

That formula is no longer workable financially and they would like more free flowing football - whether we like it or not we have to returned to being low spenders on salaries and transfers and we need to look at loans and the academy for success - being a yo yo club will be seen as success, we are capable of competing at the bottom end of the prem top end of championship.

I was so pissed off on saturday BUT it's time to smell the coffee our bubble has burst but we're a long way from plummeting off the face of the earth - why would Davies and Gartside not have a plan b financially they're not dodgy russian oligarchs - they love the club no question and have a track record of good financial management if Eddie wants to put ?100m in and get ?70m back thats up to him.

great post, think you are spot on

Wrongly. He should be sacked with immediate effect imo.

Ive never heard so many fans throwing the towel in and admitting relegation because we are little old Bolton. Thats a load of fucking bollocks, we need to take the gloves off and start fucking fighting rather than feeling sorry for oursleves and accepting we are going down which is what we are doing if we keep him imo.

Wrongly. He should be sacked with immediate effect imo.

Ive never heard so many fans throwing the towel in and admitting relegation because we are little old Bolton. Thats a load of fucking bollocks, we need to take the gloves off and start fucking fighting rather than feeling sorry for oursleves and accepting we are going down which is what we are doing if we keep him imo.

I don't see many fans throwing the towel in yes the realisation we're in deep deep shit is sinking in but the post was why coyle wont get sacked the fact of whether he should is a different story - the hierachy of the club have picked a strategy and they're sticking with it - IMO the long term nature of a lot of the injuries we have means the excuse they are using or reason depending if you agree will see them to the point where we do get relegated and save coyles job - if we do go down he'll get until this time next year to prove if he's the messiah again.

I just dont think they see any point in sacking him.

We're not down yet and I'm certainly up for fighting until we are mathematically down

Personally, taking out the two main players who are injured, i dont think there are many worse than us. Ok norwich and swansea, they are doing well though, be hard catch them. Blackburn i think have a better squad, wolves are no worse/no better, wigan are worse id say, west brom i cant decide on

• Moderators

this is utter bullshit

i have no problem with us cutting our cloth to suit and if that means we are left with a team that aint good enough, so be it

the fact is we aren't maximising what we've got and the buck stops with the clueless manager

he has to go, cos i think we all know he aint going to change

stubborn fcuker

this is utter bullshit

i have no problem with us cutting our cloth to suit and if that means we are left with a team that aint good enough, so be it

the fact is we aren't maximising what we've got and the buck stops with the clueless manager

stubborn fcuker

Of course he should go

It's an absolute shambles

However, it looks like it won't be happening any time soon

• Moderators

Personally, taking out the two main players who are injured, i dont think there are many worse than us. Ok norwich and swansea, they are doing well though, be hard catch them. Blackburn i think have a better squad, wolves are no worse/no better, wigan are worse id say, west brom i cant decide on

lee played few games in the second half of last season

if you think coyle is getting the best out of his players, then fair enough, defend him

but prepare for the men in white coats to come and cart you off

no shit, now

i could have arranged our lot to win 3 games this season

lee played few games in the second half of last season - why we were shit in the main after xmas

if you think coyle is getting the best out of his players, then fair enough, defend him

but prepare for the men in white coats to come and cart you off

no shit, now

i could have arranged our lot to win 3 games this season

Oh no i think he has to go and dont think hes getting anywhere near enough from the team. However i think even picking the best 11 from what eve got available (ruling out lee and holden) i dont think we are as good as some people think, we are on a par with wolves id say, a point a game side maybe getting between 38 and 42. Bring back lee and holden you can make a case for high 40s. However at the moment we are side, down to the manager, who will be lucky to get 30

• Moderators

Oh no i think he has to go and dont think hes getting anywhere near enough from the team. However i think even picking the best 11 from what eve got available (ruling out lee and holden) i dont think we are as good as some people think, we are on a par with wolves id say, a point a game side maybe getting between 38 and 42. Bring back lee and holden you can make a case for high 40s. However at the moment we are side, down to the manager, who will be lucky to get 30

make that 20

and by your admission, we should get twice that

how can he be defended

its so frustrating when it looks so obvious whats going wrong

i might be wrong, but ffs, is it beyond him to swallow his pride and try something different

make that 20

how can he be defended

i might be wrong, but ffs, is it beyond him to swallow his pride and try something different

I cant defend him, no way, 18 defeats in 21 games, i dont think any other manager at any other club would survive that.

this is utter bullshit

stubborn fcuker

I am not defending him here but he has pretty much admitted in his quotes that if he got sacked he would accept it and move on i tihnk he knows that the fact he has kept his job thus far is an exception but he does back himself to put it right as you would expect.

I agree 100% that another manager could get more from those players but seemingly there are other issues being considered at the top of the club

make that 20

how can he be defended

See, that's a big part of the problem for me. Besides being tactically naive, and despite our woeful run of form, I think he still truly believes in his own hype - playing the beautiful game, Arsene Wenger's successor, blah blah. I think he'd rather "stick to his principles" than hold his hands up and say this ain't working, our confidence is fkin shot, let's change tack and get ugly. It is so blindingly obvious what's going wrong. Even the dyed-in-the-wool Bolton fans I've spent the last few years disagreeing with in the ESL can see it - we all can. I can't see how anyone can defend him staying on. If we change now, yeah it MIGHT still be too late, but it might work. If we stick, we're gone, bar a fkin miracle.

Probably not broken any new ground there but I feel a bit better...

See, that's a big part of the problem for me. Besides being tactically naive, and despite our woeful run of form, I think he still truly believes in his own hype - playing the beautiful game, Arsene Wenger's successor, blah blah. I think he'd rather "stick to his principles" than hold his hands up and say this ain't working, our confidence is fkin shot, let's change tack and get ugly. It is so blindingly obvious what's going wrong. Even the dyed-in-the-wool Bolton fans I've spent the last few years disagreeing with in the ESL can see it - we all can. I can't see how anyone can defend him staying on. If we change now, yeah it MIGHT still be too late, but it might work. If we stick, we're gone, bar a fkin miracle.

Probably not broken any new ground there but I feel a bit better...

The other issue is, when we played 4-5-1 against Chelsea the players looked just as clueless, allowing centre halves to run the length of the pitch with the ball, no one knowing who to close and down and who to mark. The whole thing is a shambles unfortunately.

The other issue is, when we played 4-5-1 against Chelsea the players looked just as clueless, allowing centre halves to run the length of the pitch with the ball, no one knowing who to close and down and who to mark. The whole thing is a shambles unfortunately.

It goes back to square pegs and round holes again though

PLay the proper folk in a 4-5-1 and we could, just could look solid

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.