Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Team Ideas For Coyle

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

Ok, let's say he's going nowhere, what team should he play to give us a fighting chance?

For me, we must stop conceding goals, if that means defensive play thn so be it.

Any two centre backs, ie Cahill if he stops

Boyata out, a loan player does not have the fight and determination to keep us up. So steinsson back in

Muamba in and NRC in the middle and they need to be defensive side of the ball at all times. None of this box to box shite.

Mavies ahead of them supporting the front man. With minimal defensive responsibility.

Ngog has the best all round game of our 3 forwards so he'd be loan striker. He's strong, quick and can hold it up. Not sure how many goals hell get though.

Petrov and eagles wide, no other options really. And as much as I don't rate either , they have created more goals than any other players

Fullbacks not bombing forward either, we need to be disciplined

I know we need 3 points in games, but we a need a solid foundation, to gain a bit of confidence in the next couple of away games. I reckon. Couple of away 0-0's would do us a world of good.

Oh and NRC as captain. I think the responsiblty would up his game.

Edited by HomerJay

Ok, let's say he's going nowhere, what team should he play to give us a fighting chance?

For me, we must stop conceding goals, if that means defensive play thn so be it.

Any two centre backs, ie Cahill if he stops

Boyata out, a loan player does not have the fight and determination to keep us up. So steinsson back in

Muamba in and NRC in the middle and they need to be defensive side of the ball at all times. None of this box to box shite.

Mavies ahead of them supporting the front man. With minimal defensive responsibility.

Ngog has the best all round game of our 3 forwards so he'd be loan striker. He's strong, quick and can hold it up. Not sure how many goals hell get though.

Petrov and eagles wide, no other options really. And as much as I don't rate either , they have created more goals than any other players

Fullbacks not bombing forward either, we need to be disciplined

I know we need 3 points in games, but we a need a solid foundation, to gain a bit of confidence in the next couple of away games. I reckon. Couple of away 0-0's would do us a world of good.

Oh and NRC as captain. I think the responsiblty would up his game.

We need to start on the basis of getting clean sheets so for that reason i 100% agree

Its a 4-5-1 for me as well, would like to see Ricketts back in the back line somewhere, hopefully Boyatta will get up to speed quick as he was average yesterday, we need 2 defensive midfielders sitting tight infront of the back 4 so that Muamba a must and coker, Mark Davies has to have a free role in the hole behind the lone striker, I also think that despite his poor form I thnk Kev Davies could give us a bit of solidity on the right or left especially away from home, with the 2 defensive midfielders I would risk a Petrov or a kakuta on either the right or left and just because I feel he deserves a run I am going with Kakuta.

Jussi

Boyata Cahill Knight Riketts (if fit)

Muamba Coker

Kakuta Mark Davies K.Davies

Ngog

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Well he could for a start watch videos of the next opposition, and work on their weakness, then with the analysis work out how to exploit said weaknesses, it's not rocket science, but I guess table tennis takes up too much of of his time to watch videos, bless him.

Absolutely right cannot remember us targeting the weakness of any team, look at Stoke yeserday the game plan was to close them down as soon as they had the ball not allowing them the time to play stop the midfielders getting the time to get the ball out to the wingers, 2 solid lines 5 in the defence and 3 midfielders playing deep to cut the space down in and around the box, then when they had the ball get it into the box quickly and feed off the scraps from Crouch knock downs, not pretty but very effective and Spurs were all at sea. It really is time to cut our losses I still think Coyle might not be here by the end of this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.