Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Team Ideas For Coyle

HomerJay

A different starting XI each week suggests you're right btw.

I wonder which names he'll randomly pull out of the bag for the next game. :pardon:

I think the biggest mistake Coyle has made is having his mates behind him on the backroom staff rather than a quality coach who can give a valid input. Look at all the top managers, they all have a decent right hand man who isnt afraid to step in and tell them when they think they are wrong. Coyle has got the muppet show with him on the bench so that makes it even harder for him.

I would love it if Coyle could somehow turn it around but i just think he is out of his depth at this level. Its cut throat at Premiership level but he is just too nicey nicey. Some managers by now would of knocked seven bells out of the players for letting him down but Coyle just hasnt got that fire in him. Encouragment will only get people so far, sometimes they need to be told they are fucking shit and they need to pull their finger out.

Right, unless something changes drastically, the noises are that OC is staying

For now anyway

PG wouldn't make noises about long term plans if he was thinking of giving him another game or two, as he'll look silly, I think he'd have trotted out the vote of confidence speech

So

Something needs to change....I think OC knows that, which is why he's been so fluid with the personnel he's picked; I think best case scenario is that the coaching staff realise it's not (just) the players that they pick, but the way they're trained and set up, that's contributing towards our downfall

(Better still, I'd like to see an "older head" come in to assist, but it's highly unlikely)

Otherwise I think we'll see some low quality panic buys in January, more jiggery pokery with the team and continued losses punctuated by a win/good performance once a month

Come on Owen, open your eyes fella

Seen on ssn, coyles suggestion is play without fear

I really believe the man seriously cant see what the actual problem is.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/11/bolton-marc-albrighton-aston-villa

Coyle did not duck discussion of his own position. "The greatest pressure I am under is the pressure I place on myself. It is how I conducted myself as a player, and it is no different now I'm a manager. I was never the best player in the world, but I maximised what I had. I remember someone warning me that if I went into management, one of the biggest difficulties I would face would be that not everyone would be as passionate as me. They were right. I have tried to deal with it, but it's not easy.

Seems we may have a manager every bit as arrogant as the one now at West Ham

Its a 4-5-1 for me as well, would like to see Ricketts back in the back line somewhere, hopefully Boyatta will get up to speed quick as he was average yesterday, we need 2 defensive midfielders sitting tight infront of the back 4 so that Muamba a must and coker, Mark Davies has to have a free role in the hole behind the lone striker, I also think that despite his poor form I thnk Kev Davies could give us a bit of solidity on the right or left especially away from home, with the 2 defensive midfielders I would risk a Petrov or a kakuta on either the right or left and just because I feel he deserves a run I am going with Kakuta.

Jussi

Boyata Cahill Knight Riketts (if fit)

Muamba Coker

Kakuta Mark Davies K.Davies

Ngog

Is that some kind of sick joke?!?

I think were a worse team without him especially away from home if we dont dominate possesion which we never do, the ball will just keep coming back at us, unfortunately no one else remotely makes it stick.

Im with you.

Don't play him up front, play him wide left/right, work his bollocks off, get stuck in, hold it up. I think it's what we need against Fulham.

I think were a worse team without him especially away from home if we dont dominate possesion which we never do, the ball will just keep coming back at us, unfortunately no one else remotely makes it stick.

Klasnic held the ball up better than any Bolton striker ive seen for ages on Saturday. The problem was he had to pass it at some point which resulted in Eagles/Tuncay fucking it up most of the time and him never seeing the ball back to him in a decent area. Ngog has held it up better than him this season when he has played too.

Kevin Davies hardly makes an impression on the game full stop anymore imo. That dying swan impression he did when he tried flicking the ball back to somebody summed him up this season for me.

It's not just about formation

Play 4-4-2 and you can't play 2 out and out wingers as we get crucified - any 2 of Eagles / Tuncay / Kakuta / Petrov is offering very little to the central mids and full-backs when we don't have the ball.

If we're sticking with 4-4-2 whatever, then we need to get NRC and Muamba in the middle and then we need a midfielder on one side - it worked well with M Davies being that player on the right and Eagles on the left versus Stoke.

Not perfect but not as limp wristed as some of what we've seen recently

The crime is he doesn't know it but it's him who's making me lose my passion.

The crime is he singles out one player every match to pass the blame to

?Even then, Paul Robinson must be much tighter with Albrighton; he was nowhere near him." (Bolton News)

I've never heard him say - 'I am at fault for picking the most inept players at the club '

IE the one's he signed, or the real reasons he won't play Steinsson or Muamba or Gardiner

Team Idea

Anyone but an OC signing !

Not seen any of his signings come under criticism yet either.

I think boyata has cost us a goal nearly every time he's played??

Boyata is wank. I said before we signed him that he'd looked wank on the (admittedly few)occasions I'd seen him play for City.

He is/was very highly rated for some reason though.

I'd like to know why we didn't bring in Onouha instead. A player who is as comfortable at RB as he is at CB. Also he's not completely unproven and showed he's a good solid defender at Sunderland last season.

Both he and Kakuta should be sent back in January and hopefully Coyle can perform a magic act by bringing in Wilshere and/or Sturridge mk II. Chances are it'll be too little, too late anyway though.

If you don't concede, you don't lose. Defence / defending properly MUST be the focus.

Attritional football is now needed. Grinding out results with "ugly" football.

We need (and I can't believe I'm saying it!) a manager like Allardyce / Megson / Bassett.

Not those 3 in particular, but somebody like that: we need an injection of steel & discipline and as much as I hate him: Souness might even be the man.

Dour negativity perhaps, but it might just save us before we get cut adrift.

Edited by Traf

You are all being a bit simplistic.

Football managers base thier team selections on what they think the fitness and skill output will be in the next game, not on what you have sen from the player in his last game. Thats why you may see someone have a blinder and be on the bench next game, the player may have been at the top of his performance output and not expected to excel in the next game based on fitness and skill output (chest band and possession statastics)

Coyle also picks his team based on a position by position opposition match with various in game scenario's factored in.

Serious scenario realisations like Cahill sent off will be obviously difficult to manage, but swapping the sides of forwards or zone marking changes are also considered in team selection.

Its not just eany meany miny mo and put 4 jumpers down on the farmers field

You are all being a bit simplistic.

Football managers base thier team selections on what they think the fitness and skill output will be in the next game, not on what you have sen from the player in his last game. Thats why you may see someone have a blinder and be on the bench next game, the player may have been at the top of his performance output and not expected to excel in the next game based on fitness and skill output (chest band and possession statastics)

Coyle also picks his team based on a position by position opposition match with various in game scenario's factored in.

Serious scenario realisations like Cahill sent off will be obviously difficult to manage, but swapping the sides of forwards or zone marking changes are also considered in team selection.

Its not just eany meany miny mo and put 4 jumpers down on the farmers field

I think that's all been implicitly understood

I'd also add whatever selection OC has been using....it's bollocks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.