Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Helpless

whitechild

Everyone must be feeling the same at the moment. Even the most optimistic pro-Coyle group (I included til recently) are coming to the conclusion that we're fecked big-time. The bed-sheet brigade are mocked, but venting on here doesn't trickle down to the powers that be. How are we supposed to let the the club know that not just dissatisfaction, but utter abject has culminated and a long life of lower league football is just around the corner. Blackburn fans hired a plane with a 'Kean Out' banner. Inventive.

• Site Supporter

Everyone must be feeling the same at the moment. Even the most optimistic pro-Coyle group (I included til recently) are coming to the conclusion that we're fecked big-time. The bed-sheet brigade are mocked, but venting on here doesn't trickle down to the powers that be. How are we supposed to let the the club know that not just dissatisfaction, but utter abject has culminated and a long life of lower league football is just around the corner. Blackburn fans hired a plane with a 'Kean Out' banner. Inventive.

I'll chuck a pound in for a plane with a banner.

However, I'm only interested if the banner has the full lyrics to Robert De Niro's Waiting by Bananarama on it.

Otherwise, you won't be getting my money.

"a long life of lower league football is just around the corner"

How pessimistic and depressed must you be to make future scenarios up where we are even more screwed than we are now.

We have enough things to worry about in the present.

What have we done?!

Hounded out his messiah Megson - i for one would take where we are now than still having that disgusting cunt in charge and i also think if we'd stuck with him we'd have gone down and been in a lot worse state than we are now, in fact i'm looking forward to playing them next year and giving the shithouse dogs abuse again.

Yes we're down and the rest of this season could get very very messy but we're not playing non league just yet - look at Newcastle - yes i know it's an exception.

My worry is the likes of leeds, sheff wed, forest etc etc etc all still got 25,000 plus gates watching us with only 11,000 other BWFC fans is what's going to be gutting, we just need to hang in there it might not be next season till we see a decent side again but we will, when we go down we'll keep some good players definately and 11/12 years in the prem for a club similar to barnsley, sheff utd, preston, burnley etc etc is a phenominal achievement whatever happens.

COYFWM

Impossible to orchestrate, but a mass walk-out at after the 2nd goal yesterday would make a point. Waiting to see what the next game brings with diminishing hope is getting us nowhere. Although Coyle's frequent praising of the loyal supported is looking in vain judging by the dwindling crowds.

• Site Supporter

I've never claimed Megson to be the messiah, ever!

Unlike many about coyle.

Megson was a stubborn cock, coyle is a terrible manager.

I'll take the better manager over the nice man every day of the week thank you.

Edited by HomerJay

I've never claimed Megson to be the messiah, ever!

Unlike many about coyle.

Megson was a stubborn cock, coyle is a terrible manager.

I'll take the better manager over the nice man every day of the week thank you.

Arguably they're both terrible managers for different reasons - sacking megson was the correct thing to do appointing coyle has thus far proved to be the completely wrong thing to do - surely to god we can get a manager who can do both, ok dont bang on about this wonderful club every week and marvellous fans but just not call us a set of cunts week in week out when he's been here 10 minutes.

Anyhow that can of worms doesnt need opening again but if we ever get a manager as pleasant as snake bile again i'm seriously struggling to stay on the fun bus i really am.

Megson got the sack, coyle hasn't.

Why?

The heirachy of the club believe the blueprint he has set out for the club to be the best way forward for the club and gave him a 5 year contract to see it through. They believe the injuries and suspensions that have affected the squad are beyond his control and are the main reason we are where we are as long as that is the case he's going nowhere

We've not been a club that historically sacks managers every 2 seasons and after 2 going in 3 years want a return to stability on that front.

They have plan B if we go down financially and always have had the fact we've stayed up for 12 years has been a total bonus.

I've no idea if any of that is true but having run companies for many years would see that as the long term view they'll believe in with contingencies in place not saying it's right by a long way - same mentality as when they appointed megson and stuck by him if we went down Plan B would kick in and he'd be the best to bring us up

• Moderators

The heirachy of the club believe the blueprint he has set out for the club to be the best way forward for the club and gave him a 5 year contract to see it through.

my weekend has been bad enough as it is, but i understood his contract expired in the summer

tell me you're taking the piss

my weekend has been bad enough as it is, but i understood his contract expired in the summer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/8439458.stm

In Jan 2010

Bolton have completed the appointment of Owen Coyle as manager on a two-and-a-half year deal after agreeing compensation with Burnley.

so why the ?7m? the majoriy of any figure to get rid of the Coyle gang would surely be Coyle?

btw cant google any info about him extending his contract either

I thought i read it on here - go with what you think over me I've no basis for the 5 years - if you are right how the fuck does it cost ?7m to get rid surely it's just paying up his contract and he cant be on that much?

if we went down Plan B would kick in and he'd be the best to bring us up

I may be wrong, but I'm assuming you're referring to Coyle ?

If so, I've seen nothing in the last 8 months in terms of workrate, commitment, tactics, team selection, substitutions or motivational skills that lead me to agree with that.

Why should the club care what the fans think.

It's the fans that arguably put us in this position

Totally agree with this. Most Bolton fans are an embarrassment. Nobody here wanted Megson in charge, and never gave him a chance. I dislike him intensely, but he stabilised the club after the Allardyce bubble burst and was exactly what we needed at the time. Yes, he outstayed his welcome and didn't exactly endear himself to the masses, but that's nearly impossible when fans from little old Bolton expect to be in Europe every year. Just avoiding relegation is where we should be.

We are not a big enough club to compete at the top end of the table for long periods of time. Allardyce managed it by playing superstars in the twilight of their career, paying them vastly over-inflated wages to entice them. Little Sam then tried to alter too much too quickly, but followed Allardyce's idea of paying high wages and so Megson had to clear all that mess up. Say what you like about the guy, but he DID stablise it.

The fans hounded him out, the fans got the manager they wanted in Coyle, and now the fans are complaining about that.

You're damn right that there's an argument this is all the fans' faults.

abject what? Abject is, believe it or not, an adjective.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.