Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Helpless

whitechild

Totally agree with this. Most Bolton fans are an embarrassment. Nobody here wanted Megson in charge, and never gave him a chance. I dislike him intensely, but he stabilised the club after the Allardyce bubble burst and was exactly what we needed at the time. Yes, he outstayed his welcome and didn't exactly endear himself to the masses, but that's nearly impossible when fans from little old Bolton expect to be in Europe every year. Just avoiding relegation is where we should be.

We are not a big enough club to compete at the top end of the table for long periods of time. Allardyce managed it by playing superstars in the twilight of their career, paying them vastly over-inflated wages to entice them. Little Sam then tried to alter too much too quickly, but followed Allardyce's idea of paying high wages and so Megson had to clear all that mess up. Say what you like about the guy, but he DID stablise it.

The fans hounded him out, the fans got the manager they wanted in Coyle, and now the fans are complaining about that.

You're damn right that there's an argument this is all the fans' faults.

Indeed so

Bottom 3 when he arrived, bottom 3 when he left

With a wage bill probably half of what he inherited, do keep up.

I recall that the wage bill was higher when he left than when he arrived

Could be wrong, of course

30.06.07 ?30m

30.06.08 ?39m

30.06.09 ?40.9m

30.06.10 ?46.4m

Edit

Very rarely wrong

Please keep up, matey!!

Edited by boltondiver

I may be wrong, but I'm assuming you're referring to Coyle ?

If so, I've seen nothing in the last 8 months in terms of workrate, commitment, tactics, team selection, substitutions or motivational skills that lead me to agree with that.

Yes you are wrong i was referring to the one of the reasons megson was appointed right next

Totally agree with this. Most Bolton fans are an embarrassment. Nobody here wanted Megson in charge, and never gave him a chance. I dislike him intensely, but he stabilised the club after the Allardyce bubble burst and was exactly what we needed at the time. Yes, he outstayed his welcome and didn't exactly endear himself to the masses, but that's nearly impossible when fans from little old Bolton expect to be in Europe every year. Just avoiding relegation is where we should be.

We are not a big enough club to compete at the top end of the table for long periods of time. Allardyce managed it by playing superstars in the twilight of their career, paying them vastly over-inflated wages to entice them. Little Sam then tried to alter too much too quickly, but followed Allardyce's idea of paying high wages and so Megson had to clear all that mess up. Say what you like about the guy, but he DID stablise it.

The fans hounded him out, the fans got the manager they wanted in Coyle, and now the fans are complaining about that.

You're damn right that there's an argument this is all the fans' faults.

and finally the best crock of shite for a while - the fans not liking megson had nothing to do with qualifying for europe it was down to the way they were treated by him and how he portrayed us - don't you forget he had us down as the worst pile of shite going the fans have every right to complain about megson and coyle for very different reasons both perfectly rational unlike me at present I'll grant you.....right where's that darkened room

and finally the best crock of shite for a while - the fans not liking megson had nothing to do with qualifying for europe it was down to the way they were treated by him and how he portrayed us - don't you forget he had us down as the worst pile of shite going the fans have every right to complain about megson and coyle for very different reasons both perfectly rational unlike me at present I'll grant you.....right where's that darkened room

Rather play the rest of our days in the lower leagues under coyle than have that miserable tosser in charge.

Where is snoopy?

I'm here.

OK, so the wage bill went up, my mistake. But the average age of the squad went down. The squad was a lot healthier than what Allardyce/Lee left us with.

Jules - f*ck off you smarmy get. I'm sick of reading your sh*t on here. Self-righteous tw@t. My point was that both Knight and Cahill make mistakes, but Cahill gets away with it and Knight gets the pitchfork treatment.

onlyoneawalker - I didn't necessarily mean qualifying for Europe, it was an over-exageration to make the point. Bolton fans think that we have a devine right to be challenging the big boys, and really we're a small fish in a massive pond that has been punching above its weight for a long time.

Bolton fans are an embarrassment. That is not in debate. All other fans of other clubs were embarrassed for us, the way we hounded out Megson. Like I said, I don't like the guy but he'd done the job that was expected of him, and the way we flip-flopped from Ginger Mourinho to Ginger C*nt, when things weren't quite going as we wanted, was appalling.

Look at now! 4 or 5 years ago were were complaining that the football was boring under Allardyce/Megson. Now we want boring successful football instead of losing pretty football. Seems we're never happy.

Don't like it, fuck off you clueless idiot

Whilst I admire your positivity it appears you've been wrong at pretty much every turn this season

The zat knight comment was meant tongue in cheek hence the smilie, but it's obviously hit a nerve

Do you still think all is rosy in the garden??

Edited by jules_darby

Don't like it, fuck off you clueless idiot

Whilst I admire your positivity it appears you've been wrong at pretty much every turn this season

The zat knight comment was meant tongue in cheek hence the smilie, but it's obviously hit a nerve

Do you still think all is rosy in the garden??

Far from it, but rather than just arguing points like a rational person, you just come across as all "I'm right, you're wrong. End of discussion" - which gets right on my tits.

Having a discussion with boltondiver, he comes back with reasons why I'm wrong - I can deal with that. You come back with "Well he was wrong about this other point so his opinion clearly doesn't count".

I'm sorry, but you just come across as a bit of a twat basically. I'm sure that's not how you are, I bet you're a decent chap, but that's how you come across to me and it's been winding me up, to be honest.

Far from it, but rather than just arguing points like a rational person, you just come across as all "I'm right, you're wrong. End of discussion" - which gets right on my tits.

Having a discussion with boltondiver, he comes back with reasons why I'm wrong - I can deal with that. You come back with "Well he was wrong about this other point so his opinion clearly doesn't count".

I'm sorry, but you just come across as a bit of a twat basically. I'm sure that's not how you are, I bet you're a decent chap, but that's how you come across to me and it's been winding me up, to be honest.

Well, errm, I am a bit of a twat

But I HAVE been right so far and you've been wrong with each point as either backed up by others or as per things have gone on the pitch.

If you came on and said the moon was made of cheese would you need concrete proof before I called you out on it? Because that's been about the level of most of your points since you graced us with your presence on here

All other fans of other clubs were embarrassed for us, the way we hounded out Megson. Like I said, I don't like the guy but he'd done the job that was expected of him, and the way we flip-flopped from Ginger Mourinho to Ginger C*nt, when things weren't quite going as we wanted, was appalling.

He was tolerated by the majority when things were going ok and we weren't relegated the first two seasons.There was the odd exception in the first season such as when he still played negative football despite having an extra man and lost against 10 men at Wigan.

It was in the third season when we weren't getting results that the majority turned against him.It was negative relegation football not negative bottom half football.

Edited by Butterfly

• Site Supporter

not really

the fans 'demanded' entertainment

now grim realisation has set in and its 'lets just win' (or draw 0-0, even)

What we demanded and what we have, are two very different things, if we were playing well and losing 5-3 i dont think I could complain, the shite on show is neither what was asked for or expected.

I'm here.

OK, so the wage bill went up, my mistake. But the average age of the squad went down. The squad was a lot healthier than what Allardyce/Lee left us with.

Jules - f*ck off you smarmy get. I'm sick of reading your sh*t on here. Self-righteous tw@t. My point was that both Knight and Cahill make mistakes, but Cahill gets away with it and Knight gets the pitchfork treatment.

onlyoneawalker - I didn't necessarily mean qualifying for Europe, it was an over-exageration to make the point. Bolton fans think that we have a devine right to be challenging the big boys, and really we're a small fish in a massive pond that has been punching above its weight for a long time.

Bolton fans are an embarrassment. That is not in debate. All other fans of other clubs were embarrassed for us, the way we hounded out Megson. Like I said, I don't like the guy but he'd done the job that was expected of him, and the way we flip-flopped from Ginger Mourinho to Ginger C*nt, when things weren't quite going as we wanted, was appalling.

Look at now! 4 or 5 years ago were were complaining that the football was boring under Allardyce/Megson. Now we want boring successful football instead of losing pretty football. Seems we're never happy.

+1

He was tolerated by the majority when things were going ok and we weren't relegated the first two seasons.There was the odd exception in the first season such as when he still played negative football despite having an extra man and lost against 10 men at Wigan.

It was in the third season when we weren't getting results that the majority turned against him.It was negative relegation football not negative bottom half football.

I think this is the first post of yours I have agreed with.

Without a shadow of a doubt we were going down. Coyle came in, the mood lifted and he 'saved' us.

Trouble is, all it's served to do is delay the inevitable.

Is it any more entertaining watching the football on offer NOW than it was under Megson? I wouldn't say so. If we were losing 4-3 ever game, to a certain extent, I could live with that. Villa absolutely pulled us to pieces on Saturday and if we'd have gone in at half time 0-4 down we couldn't have had any complaints. This is the same Villa whose fans have been on the McLeish's back for the poor football they have been serving up. The same Villa who hadn't picked up a win away from home.

I'm absolutely sick and tired of us being an easy 3 points for the opposition.

And make no mistake, it is an EASY 3 points. For all our huffing and puffing in the second half on Saturday, how many saves did Guzan have to actually make?

The loan market has reaped huge dividends for Coyle and us. Wilshere at first, then Sturridge. ... but he's got it tragically wrong this season.

I'm here.

No we're not that really gets on my wick we're no different than any other club we've got a few plonkers but the club was in dire straits under megson because you cant have a manager calling the fans cunts week in week out and not willing to try and build a relationship and you can't have a manager that cant win a football match in coyle the fans have done nothing wrong - as a collective I think we've been fairly spot on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.