Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gary Cahill

Gloria Stitz

city asking to much for onuha, it would cost us most of the cahill money and i suspect coyle would nt want to blow it on one player.

Fuck that then, I thought they would be giving him away. Im sure I read that in the summer they didn't give him a locker let alone a squad number.

Mancini interview on SSN regarding Wayne Bridge was funny, Wayne Bridge has been saying Mancini wont even speak to him and when asked about it Mancini said "I spoke to him at the start of last season (18months ago) and told him there was no place for him here".

• Site Supporter

who do you think were the only ones to profit from their free shares they were issued and sold the next day when we floated eh?

sir Nat for one...

id agree with j....all bent as fuck

I posted as much donkeys years ago and was lambasted for it.

That old secretary bloke, Des McBain was alledgedly another one as were all the board of Directors at the time of the floatation.

• Site Supporter

I posted, some time ago, about the sales of shares by the then Board of Directors which, as they made the money, it also made all the shares in public hands worth about 1/4p each having floated at nearly a quid.

Sir Nat, Des McBain were names I'd heard mentioned.

As far as selling shares goes etc I dont see the problem.

I worked for a private equity backed firm who gave all staff a number of shares for free (like a loyalty bonus). They where bought out and everyone got paid out. Same thing happened again and when they floated most the staff sold them straight away to cash in.

Nothing wrong with directors/staff getting free shares if the owner of the company has given them, nothing wrong with selling them either.

They wouldnt have been able to sell them if other folk didn't want to buy them.

• Site Supporter

As far as selling shares goes etc I dont see the problem.

I worked for a private equity backed firm who gave all staff a number of shares for free (like a loyalty bonus). They where bought out and everyone got paid out. Same thing happened again and when they floated most the staff sold them straight away to cash in.

Nothing wrong with directors/staff getting free shares if the owner of the company has given them, nothing wrong with selling them either.

They wouldnt have been able to sell them if other folk didn't want to buy them.

Iirc, the club was about to go under unless some pumped a load of money in

Eddie was that person, so he offered to pay the debts but only if shareholders accepted next to fuck all for their shares

Everyone was offered to buy all the the other shares, nobody wanted to.

If shareholders rejected the sale of share, there would be no more bwfc (as we know it)

I posted, some time ago, about the sales of shares by the then Board of Directors which, as they made the money, it also made all the shares in public hands worth about 1/4p each having floated at nearly a quid.

Sir Nat, Des McBain were names I'd heard mentioned.

You can't sell shares if no one will buy them. Stock market prices are not promises to facilitate sales at the stated price. So if the market is flooded with shares and drive the prices down, then the shares sold in the flooding process will go for shit prices too, not the initial price.

That is, admittedly, one school of thought.

another school of thought is that it was trendy a while back to `float` football clubs to generate money but it proved to be a shit idea and all the clubs who tried it ended up with share prices worth cock all. as stated elsewhere people who bought them did so through emotional attachment to the club. did anyone seriously think they would make money out of them? granted no one could have forseen the total collapse but thats hardly the fault of the club.

and whats the problem with our chairman actually drawing a decent wage? its a multi multi million ? business he`s running, not a fucking tea shop.

and in any event what the fuck have the warbutons got to do with gary cahill leaving for pastures new?

good luck to the lad i say. sometimes the truth is just too boring for some folk

• Moderators

back to the shares

burnden leisure, formed through the coming together of mosaic and bwfc, shares never got close to a quid.

Within a year following relegation at chelsea they were 37p

fact is, without davies they wouldn't have had a fcuking value

back to the shares

burnden leisure, formed through the coming together of mosaic and bwfc, shares never got close to a quid.

Within a year following relegation at chelsea they were 37p

fact is, without davies they wouldn't have had a fcuking value

Fact is, HMRC confirmed that they were written off, so they didn't have a value

They may well have sold them to cash in at the time of flotation, as may people in other companies do.

To suggest that they they did this because they knew they would become worthless is facile at best.

Insider trading does happen within the markets. Very hard to enforce, prove, though the markets are meant to be monitored / regulated. It has happened before and will happen again. When vast amounts of money are involved peoples morals and judgements change in an instance. Who doesn't want to make a guaranteed few quid for the cost of nothing? Not beyond the realms of possibility that this did happen.

The privileged few people at the top just at the right time selling and creaming off the flotation whilst others suffered, smacks of the whole scenario being too perfect. Again as mentioned before the whole taste left a bitter taste for genuine BWFC fans.

thought this was was a Gary Cahill thread, not shares! Deal in near collapse.... I hope he gets a massive rendition of..one greedy b4st4rd tomorrow and then then hopefully leaves. What can the stumbling block be? On 20K per week, wants 40k but only being offered 30k! F**k me what can't you do with an extra 10k per week let alone the initial 20k! Tattoos only cost circa ?100 each so that's plenty to get your arms covered. P!55 me off these overpaid w4nkers.

Insider trading does happen within the markets. Very hard to enforce, prove, though the markets are meant to be monitored / regulated. It has happened before and will happen again. When vast amounts of money are involved peoples morals and judgements change in an instance. Who doesn't want to make a guaranteed few quid for the cost of nothing? Not beyond the realms of possibility that this

The privileged few people at the top just at the right time selling and creaming off the flotation whilst others suffered, smacks of the whole scenario being too perfect. Again as mentioned before the whole taste left a bitter taste for genuine BWFC fans.

What info did these priveleged few at the top have? That investing in a football club that would never make enough money to ensure a return to it's shareholders is a bad financial deal for the investor?

Fuck 'Fred the Shred', if it had been Nat running the largest bank in England (with his privileged info) maybe the UK economy would now be in much better shape.

• Site Supporter

thought this was was a Gary Cahill thread, not shares! Deal in near collapse.... I hope he gets a massive rendition of..one greedy b4st4rd tomorrow and then then hopefully leaves. What can the stumbling block be? On 20K per week, wants 40k but only being offered 30k! F**k me what can't you do with an extra 10k per week let alone the initial 20k! Tattoos only cost circa ?100 each so that's plenty to get your arms covered. P!55 me off these overpaid w4nkers.

Yes, because I'm sure that'd improve our chances of picking up three points.

What's wrong with wanting to be paid similar amounts to your colleagues?