Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hungover Roll Call

I was supposed to start a one month detox on the 1st Jan, but I kept getting invited out so only actually started it on the 4th. I then went to a do on Saturday night and caved (still feel ropey now). I never sleep particularly well after a sesh, so I'm weary today.

Anyway, I'm starting another detox today - wish me luck!

• Site Supporter

Alcohol free weekend.

I still feel like shit today though........

I'm sure some quack would put it down to body memory or something. As in your body expects to feel like shit after an all-weekend session and, just because the session wasn't there, the body tries to compensate as though it was.

Or maybe this is all bullshit but I bet some science postgraduate could make a few quid proving or disproving the theory as part of his PHd work.

I wish I had alcohol and a hangover...

I am finding things out about myself that are a distant memory whilst sober

i am a racist while playing facebook poker (a poster on here will testify to this)

I have had a coherent conversation with my ex wife who has demanded all sorts and I didn't kick off

I have done a pointless thing of going for a walk... I went for about 2 miles in a triangle and ended up where I started... what's the point?

Bring on Friday when i can afford alcohol again

I'm not sure I like myself sober

I wish I had alcohol and a hangover...

I am finding things out about myself that are a distant memory whilst sober

i am a racist while playing facebook poker (a poster on here will testify to this)

I have had a coherent conversation with my ex wife who has demanded all sorts and I didn't kick off

I have done a pointless thing of going for a walk... I went for about 2 miles in a triangle and ended up where I started... what's the point?

Bring on Friday when i can afford alcohol again

I'm not sure I like myself sober

gets um everytime that one son :good:

does a month not drinking actually do you good?

I went 6 weeks not too long ago, after about 3 weeks I felt awful, after 5 weeks I started to feel great, then blew it in style on the 6th

Thing is, I never dropped a lb whilst off the booze which was baffling

I'm sure some quack would put it down to body memory or something. As in your body expects to feel like shit after an all-weekend session and, just because the session wasn't there, the body tries to compensate as though it was.

Or maybe this is all bullshit but I bet some science postgraduate could make a few quid proving or disproving the theory as part of his PHd work.

Doubtful, as I don't drink much anyway

Me and the mrs were having a booze free Jan but decided to share 5 bottles of wine on saturday night, 3 in the house, 2 whilst out. Needless to say we were fucking steamers! Both of us fell asleep sat up on the couch.

Was pretty fucking grim sunday i tell thee

They're called withdrawal symptoms, Jaz. :D

HTH.

You might not be surprised to hear that it didn't help

going to watch Arsenal Leeds now and if it isn't a good game i'm going to damage something!

in fact I might damage something anyway

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.