Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

January Transfer Rumour Mill 2012

Happy Wanderer

• Site Supporter

I'm happy enough with our transfer dealings, if everything we've heard is true, all 3 signings have a bit of pace about them which will only help especially away for hitting teams on the break - something i've rarely seen us any good at. Lets hope Ryo and Sordell have the impact of Wilshire and Sturridge

• Moderators

no problem with signing sordell, it's as good as we can hope for

alteernatively, and i'm sure some of the slower members of the site will think we should have done, we could get ourselves in for about 15 million for zamora

i'll concede we're weaker at centre back than we were on january 1, but hopefully ream is better than knight

Guest Frandsen08

happy with the deals, sold cahill as early as we could. got in ream, sounds like a good prospect like cas says hopefully hes better than knight. young japanese lad sounds like he has a lot of pace and very skillful and only on loan so no real gamble and happy with sordell seen him a few times and he a good young prospect. QPR have the headlines with all they have signed cisse who if h runs too fast will break his leg and zamora who has had one good season. Brilliant.

happy with the deals, sold cahill as early as we could. got in ream, sounds like a good prospect like cas says hopefully hes better than knight. young japanese lad sounds like he has a lot of pace and very skillful and only on loan so no real gamble and happy with sordell seen him a few times and he a good young prospect. QPR have the headlines with all they have signed cisse who if h runs too fast will break his leg and zamora who has had one good season. Brilliant.

I would of been pissed off had we spunked a lot of money on Zamora and Cisse as they arent that great imo and also its dead money. I cant QPR getting much for them down the line.

I like the look of our dealings with them all being young, hungry and eager to impress and they havent cost the world. Lets hope they can kick on at BWFC and become quality players.

Fair enough if they play

Have a feeling the arsenal loanee and sordell with start half a dozen league games between them.

Would of prefered people to go into a first 11 thats 17th in the table.

And no not zamora at a stupid price and wage, id of looked abroad personally.

• Site Supporter

Fair enough if they play

Have a feeling the arsenal loanee and sordell with start half a dozen league games between them.

Would of prefered people to go into a first 11 thats 17th in the table.

And no not zamora at a stupid price and wage, id of looked abroad personally.

at who?

ive no doubt players exist, but if coyle want players that play in england then thats fine by me.

at who?

ive no doubt players exist, but if coyle want players that play in england then thats fine by me.

i aint the scout so off the top of my head you'll have to wait for an answer

personally i think you buy a team of english/british with the budget we have you end up in trouble. Exactly what mick mcarthy usually does with sides and look at wolves, utter shite. We cant compete for the best english, you even get quoted silly money for english just off potential - see 8m wickham, i think you have to look abraod for bargains personally but hey ho lets see where this takes us.

• Site Supporter

personally i think you buy a team of english/british with the budget we have you end up in trouble. Exactly what mick mcarthy usually does with sides and look at wolves, utter shite. We cant compete for the best english, you even get quoted silly money for english just off potential - see 8m wickham, i think you have to look abraod for bargains personally but hey ho lets see where this takes us.

swansea?

I cant see where this british/english criticism is coming from? If we picked our best 11 theres 5 foreign players in it imo.